Eden Hazard

the wes

I'm with you on this. That penalty against arsenal was created from his dribbling from the center, the Schurrle goal against Burnley was also because of his dribbling from the center. His ability to dribble through a swarm of bodies is his real talent and doing that will scatter the center of the opponent defense and disorganize them in the process making it easier to break any defense down.

If he is double marked by the CMs, fabregas is free to pick passes. If he is double marked by the DM and a centerback, costa has only one CB on him and we know what happens. If he is marked by a fullback and DM, Willian/schurlle is free.

Hazard will be the fulcrum of our attack, his mare presence will leave his teammates with so much space it'll be impossible to defend us.

Would love to see 5 consecutive games with him there.

The supercup last season in particular, made the central midfielders and Lahm look like proper mugs in the build up to Torres' goal

The supercup last season in particular, made the central midfielders and Lahm look like proper mugs in the build up to Torres' goal

Yes I remember that. He's class in the wings already but his real potential could be from the center IMO.

Think I might be the small majority, but I feel we won't get the best out of Hazard unless he is played centrally behind the striker. A true number 10. Some of his brilliance imo came from him whilst playing in the centre.

Ive been saying it since seeing him as a 16 year old: born to be central. He is awesome on the flank, but somehow fires up more centrally.

He would need more exposure to back any statement on this issue, i guess.

Some of his brilliance also came from wide areas. Hazard has enough freedom to move centrally when he likes; he starts from the left but sees plenty of action in central areas. He is a devestating winger so why not keep that as part of his game along with his #10 qualities; it's that double threat that makes him such a unique talent. That kind of variety and balanced game is what seperates him from a lot of the players he's compared to.

This^^. I think his old jersey number (17) suited him perfectly since he is both a creative (10) and a winger (7). I believe he should be on the wing since he is 2 footed and its difficult for defenders to make a decision when marking him. Allowing him to cut inside results in situations like the pen he won while showing him out allows him to beat the right back for pace like what happened against Coleman. Furthermore double marking him on the wing is not a feasible choice for opposition sides as well since that would open up space for Cesc and Costa.

In short, I think playing him on the wing is the best choice for our system and there he can do the most damage. Our central AM is mostly there to provide the balance anyways.

Think I might be the small majority, but I feel we won't get the best out of Hazard unless he is played centrally behind the striker. A true number 10. Some of his brilliance imo came from him whilst playing in the centre.

I've been saying this for years & I will keep saying it... He played in a free role in his last year @ Lille & his stats were incredible that year (20g, 20a if I remember correct) ;)

I've noticed that he's getting more in central positions recently.

In general I think positions are overrated. If you have a team that's well organized and willing to fight for each other, attacking players should just be able to run wherever they think they can create most danger at that moment in the game.

Belgian team vs Andorra tonight:

COURTOIS

Alderweireld - Kompany - Lombaerts - Vertonghen

Nainggolan - Defour

DE BRUYNE - Chadli - HAZARD

Origi

Yes, I still consider De Bruyne as one of us :)

Anyone else watching tonight? Hope Hazard will explode! (not literally)