Eden Hazard

the wes

I think people are overstating both Hazard's and Azpi's importance. Our attack won't crumble without Eden nor will our defense without Azpi. I don't think anyone can argue that Hazard isn't the player with most talent or ability in our squad and that on his day he is by far our best and most important player. Azpi on the other hand is the definition of solidity and consistency. While Hazard gives us a 9/10 15-20 times this season, Azpi has been a solid 7 week in week out.

Both perspectives have their valid points. Calling either opinion "wrong" is just silly. Accept that people have different takes on things than you.

Hazard can't pass himself you know. I blame the playmaker for the inconsistency of Eden Hazard. He doesn't get the ball enough. He has been brilliant all season, even in his bad games he is our best attacker by far.

What Mata did was brilliant, you go back to the start of the season and last season, you will see that Mata was ALWAYS looking for Hazard and ALWAYS passing him when he was free, which is not happening this season. Hazard actually is the only player who created a decent amount of chances this season, if there was another world-class AM next to him there wouldn't be one person in here who would claim he doesn't deserve POTY.

Hazard can't pass himself you know. I blame the playmaker for the inconsistency of Eden Hazard. He doesn't get the ball enough. He has been brilliant all season, even in his bad games he is our best attacker by far.

What Mata did was brilliant, you go back to the start of the season and last season, you will see that Mata was ALWAYS looking for Hazard and ALWAYS passing him when he was free, which is not happening this season. Hazard actually is the only player who created a decent amount of chances this season, if there was another world-class AM next to him there wouldn't be one person in here who would claim he doesn't deserve POTY.

Not really the point. And Hazard's form has fluctuated with exact same suppliers next to him, in fact all of our attackers have had both good and bad spells, there is no denying that. Maybe if there was another world-class AM next to him there wouldn't be one person in here who would claim he doesn't deserve POTY, but that is just a hypothetical situation. We don't have another Hazard so there are people who think Azpi deserves POTY more.

No. I am sorry but Hazard is something else. Your point again is not correct since we saw this year how HARD it is to create chances when Hazard is out.

We just beat PSG without Hazard and Swansea....

Hazard had the same inconsistencies last season with Mata.. He has been brilliant in 2014, not all season. Oscar was the best player in 2013.

Maybe you have short memory, however, I could of swore a lot of people calling Hazard to be bench in the early parts of the season.

Seriously, POTY awards are dumb in football. It's always awarded to the player for the best last months of the season, rather than the full season i.e. Bale with the EPL poty and Cristiano with the Baloon d'or.

Is he even better than Bale atm? I don't think so. Hazard might be better technically but Bale is WAY FASTER and WAY better finisher. Also he is also only 1 year younger, not exactly a lot younger so they are comparable. You will never see Hazard does that sprint, he would have slowed down and tried to dribble past the defender waiting for team mates to arrive.

Is he even better than Bale atm? I don't think so. Hazard might be better technically but Bale is WAY FASTER and WAY better finisher. Also he is also only 1 year younger, not exactly a lot younger so they are comparable. You will never see Hazard does that sprint, he would have slowed down and tried to dribble past the defender waiting for team mates to arrive.

Which team do you support?

Why is he better? Because he passed like a Gallardo by an inexperienced and a second-hand CB in Bartra? Every world-class defender in this world would have sent Bale in the stands there. At least this is what Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill or Azpi would have done. Especially at that moment of the game. You just can't defend the way that guy did.

This is such an incredibly reactionary post it's laughable. Bale just scored a goal against the worst Barcelona team in years - who have an absolute clown in goal - so of course Bale is better than Hazard.

Just ignore

I gotta admit that it was a well taken goal by Bale though .. not easy scoring that type of goals .. I was just trying to for 2 hours and failed .. lol :D

it's not ALL about pace .. Messi doesn't have Bale's pace! .. and if it comes to pace we have Salah! we have Schurrle! .. they can offer pace to the team .. it's a team sport and the players shouldn't be copies of each other!

We just beat PSG without Hazard and Swansea....

Hazard had the same inconsistencies last season with Mata.. He has been brilliant in 2014, not all season. Oscar was the best player in 2013.

Maybe you have short memory, however, I could of swore a lot of people calling Hazard to be bench in the early parts of the season.

Seriously, POTY awards are dumb in football. It's always awarded to the player for the best last months of the season, rather than the full season i.e. Bale with the EPL poty and Cristiano with the Baloon d'or.

Hazard linked amazingly with Mata and he did have inconsistencies but that is not relevent cuz this year he hasn't been brilliant all along since he didn't have that World-class partner. Oscar for me was never the best player in 2013, he showed numbers but Hazard was always better. The people who called Hazard to be benched are idiots. Now, for me the POTY award should be given to the most important player in the team, that made the biggest difference and that is Hazard.

Hazard is better. Bale might be a better goal-scorrer but Hazard is much better of a midfielder, playmaker.

I gotta admit that it was a well taken goal by Bale though .. not easy scoring that type of goals .. I was just trying to for 2 hours and failed .. lol :D

it's not ALL about pace .. Messi doesn't have Bale's pace! .. and if it comes to pace we have Salah! we have Schurrle! .. they can offer pace to the team .. it's a team sport and the players shouldn't be copies of each other!

That goal for me could be easily avoided by Pinto.

It's also helps when the opposition have a stick in goal. Actually, A stick would have kept that out.

This lad really needs to step up now at this late, crucial part of the season. We need him to be putting in performances like he did against City/Newcastle. He's got the world at his feet just needs to deliver now, he'll be the difference if we're to beat Liverpool/Atletico/Bayern/Real