Eden Hazard

the wes

He still got a few years left with us^^^^ even if PSG or Madrid come in now we can demand £150m easily so new contract isn't gonna matter that much, no need to make him sign that yet. Even Madrid only signed new contract with Ronaldo this season even though he scored like 50 goals every year since he joined. Reward is right but now is not the time, especially since we haven't actually achieve or winning anything yet.

He still got a few years left with us^^^^ even if PSG or Madrid come in now we can demand £150m easily so new contract isn't gonna matter that much, no need to make him sign that yet. Even Madrid only signed new contract with Ronaldo this season even though he scored like 50 goals every year since he joined. Reward is right but now is not the time, especially since we haven't actually achieve or winning anything yet.

but where can you go from Real Madrid... it doesn't get bigger than that.

While Chelsea is a big club already, we don't compete with the aura clubs as RM and Barça have, or United and Bayern. Players dream about playing for those guys. That's the kind of legacy Roman wants us to have, for players while very young (teenagers) dream about playing for Chelsea.

The only case involving Ronaldo that is worth mentioning - because then it has more in common - is when RM came after him while he was in United. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world in every aspect you look - maybe except # of supporters (I don't trust those researches in a country sphere, let alone globally) . But they have more UCL titles, they make more money than anyone else, they drag more people than anyone else where they go, the have the best player in the world, they have a galactic team. Barça only closed that gap with their recent success. If RM wins an UCL title in the next couple of years, they're increasing the gap again. So it doesn't get bigger than RM in the football world. Why would Ronaldo leave? Any move he makes now would feel like a downgrade or just the same difference, if he chose Bayern or Barça - which is very unlikely.

Now our situation is different. It gets bigger than Chelsea. A player may want to go to a bigger club if they come after him. It's tempting... unless he's absolutely happy, is appreciated by the club and the fans and has a very high compensation in his wages.

While Chelsea is a big club already, we don't compete with the aura clubs as RM and Barça have, or United and Bayern. Players dream about playing for those guys. That's the kind of legacy Roman wants us to have, for players while very young (teenagers) dream about playing for Chelsea.

The only case involving Ronaldo that is worth mentioning - because then it has more in common - is when RM came after him while he was in United. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world in every aspect you look - maybe except # of supporters (I don't trust those researches in a country sphere, let alone globally) . But they have more UCL titles, they make more money than anyone else, they drag more people than anyone else where they go, the have the best player in the world, they have a galactic team. Barça only closed that gap with their recent success. If RM wins an UCL title in the next couple of years, they're increasing the gap again. So it doesn't get bigger than RM in the football world. Why would Ronaldo leave? Any move he makes now would feel like a downgrade or just the same difference, if he chose Bayern or Barça - which is very unlikely.

Now our situation is different. It gets bigger than Chelsea. A player may want to go to a bigger club if they come after him. It's tempting... unless he's absolutely happy, is appreciated by the club and the fans and has a very high compensation in his wages.

Ah yeah I suppose you are right in a sense, I think CR7 was just messing around with them anyway to ensure he became world's best paid player. The only 3 clubs bigger or better than us atm that even our own players would want to go to are Real, Barca and Bayern and even they are pretty stocked imo. Madrid just will not spend £100m on Hazard anytime for the next 5 years because even if Bale fails massively, they just can't spend £100m on 1 player to replace him again. Bayern you could argue with Ribery and Robben not really that young, but are they ever gonna pay £100m+ for him? Not for me, not for 1 player anyway. Barca you could argue yes but they are getting a bit trouble with big money signings lately and who knows what might be the consequence when it eventually reach the boiling point, maybe even Europe exclusion and players might start leaving(a bit far fetched I know)

Maybe PSG but then I think Hazard would stay with us over them. So imo he deserves a new contract and should be getting 1, just not at the moment because it would disrupt the season, maybe after we win the league in May he could.

This is why it's important we assemble a formidable team that can and will win important titles (apparently, he told Platini "he never wins" after the Supercup). He wants to win big trophies and the ballon d'Or. That is only possible if you are there fighting for league titles and challenging in the latter stages of the CL. That's why it's important we get this summer transfer window spot-on. And most importantly, we have to keep Jose for as long as possible too. London is a great city to live as well. I was born there B).

If all these things are in place, I seriously doubt he will be interested in moving elsewhere. Of course, he has to do his part too. Become more prolific by shooting more is a big start. He is going to be even more scary when hopefully, we sign Costa.

Unlike Cristiano, who was a Madrid fan and dreamed about playing for them, Hazard is not a Madrid fan. He grew up supporting PSG, and was also a fan of Zidane. Of course, PSG are a rich club now, but I don't see Hazard taking a step down to Ligue One. He's been there and done that.

This is why it's important we assemble a formidable team that can and will win titles. He wants to win big trophies and the ballon d'Or. That is only possible if you are there fighting for league titles and challenging in the latter stages of the CL. That's why it's important we get this summer transfer window spot-on. And we have to keep Jose for as long as possible too. London is a great city to live as well. I was born there B). If all these things are in place, I seriously doubt he will be interested in moving elsewhere. Of course, he has to do his part too. Become more prolific by shooting more is a big start. He is going to be even more scary when hopefully, we sign Costa.

Unlike Cristiano, who was a Madrid fan and dreamed about playing for them, Hazard is not a Madrid fan. He grew up supporting PSG, and was also a fan of Zidane. Of course, PSG are a rich club now, but I don't see Hazard taking a step down to Ligue One. He's been there and done that.

It is something WE WILL HAVE TO DO, this season is the last 'transition' at the club, if the club mess up next season and don't challenge then Roman would be looking at the sacking of Jose. No excuse anymore, we will have a top class striker leading the line and a great squad that can beat anyone. The thing is Hazard might want to go to those 3 teams I mentioned not because of titles or CL but rather the NAME. And believe me nothing we can do will ever make sure we compete with that, unless we start building 100k seats stadiums or winning 3 CL in next 6 years or something.

This is why it's important we assemble a formidable team that can and will win important titles (apparently, he told Platini "he never wins" after the Supercup). He wants to win big trophies and the ballon d'Or. That is only possible if you are there fighting for league titles and challenging in the latter stages of the CL. That's why it's important we get this summer transfer window spot-on. And most importantly, we have to keep Jose for as long as possible too. London is a great city to live as well. I was born there B).

If all these things are in place, I seriously doubt he will be interested in moving elsewhere. Of course, he has to do his part too. Become more prolific by shooting more is a big start. He is going to be even more scary when hopefully, we sign Costa.

Hazard's favourite teams when he was younger were Arsenal and Madrid. Definitly not PSG, don't know where you got that from. You can even see Demba taunting Hazard with the Arsenal thing when they had night with De Bruyne and the fans that was broadcasted on ChelseaTV.

While Chelsea is a big club already, we don't compete with the aura clubs as RM and Barça have, or United and Bayern. Players dream about playing for those guys.

Might seem a random point but I think our stadium really doesn't help with building the 'massive club aura'. It's relatively small, with a very narrow pitch and only 40k or so seats. It's the type of stadium and atmosphere players would associate with mid-table sides as opposed to the biggest clubs in the world.

it must be a relief for him to know he can count on his teammates to have matches decided and that he doesn't need to decide them all himself.

I think he had a very good match. He didn't shine because for once others stepped up.

It's good for him to have less demanding matches such as those if he's going to play 90 minutes in all possible matches we have.

it must be a relief for him to know he can count on his teammates to have matches decided and that he doesn't need to decide them all himself.

I think he had a very good match. He didn't shine because for once others stepped up.

It's good for him to have less demanding matches such as those if he's going to play 90 minutes in all possible matches we have.

I dont really know why mou never sub him, there have been games like the one today that he easely could have taken him off.