Eden Hazard

the wes

Looking at this magnificent video again (probably best football video in history), just makes you realize how far Eden still is from becoming our best ever player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25MZuCzK1U

I had to read that twice because first time around I thought you were being positive about something.

I had to read that twice because first time around I thought you were being positive about something.

sorry but that's a ridiculous, based on nothing remark. if you really feel like analyzing my posts, go through them properly and you'll see that there's plenty of positive thoughts and excitement.

btw, there's no shame in being second best to Zola. most players in world history are. Eden is still an absolute delight though, won't hear me say otherwise.

Looking at this magnificent video again (probably best football video in history), just makes you realize how far Eden still is from becoming our best ever player.

And this is why I struggle to accept lampard as our greatest player ever. efficiency and productivity is not enough for me, you have to have that grace, style, magic and it factor that special players (regardless of position) like Zidane, Zola,Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Iniesta et al have.

sorry but that's a ridiculous, based on nothing remark. if you really feel like analyzing my posts, go through them properly and you'll see that there's plenty of positive thoughts and excitement.

btw, there's no shame in being second best to Zola. most players in world history are. Eden is still an absolute delight though, won't hear me say otherwise.

So you think Hazard is (already) better than Zola then, honest opinion?

Fucking hell calm down, someone pinched you wallet and wife?

You are comparing someone who has done everything, won a hell of a lot and has completed his career to someone who is building to be potentially one of the best in the world.....So, if the question was...."Will he be better than Zola" my answer is yes.

The best should always be judged on consistency, where they produce week in and week out and stand out as sheer quality in everything they do. Hazard right now is potentially WC but his tendency to drop in form like last season is what holds him back from that bracket IMO. Now if he is to up his game, which he can and will I have no doubt we will be watching one of the worlds best at Chelsea.

As for Zola, at that point in time he was the best foreign import with ease, no arguments, better than Bergkamp and I say that with the utmost confidence. I have friends who are Middlesbrough fans and they argue with me all the time about how Juninho was better than Zola and that I have to laugh about. Juninho was superb at Boro, far and away the best player to ever to play for them, but in that season when Zola won player of the year they said Juninho was cheated out of it and call Zola the 'Half player of the year' because Juninho played for Boro he never got a look in. I think it says more about Zola than anything else, he was better over half season than Juninho was in a full season.

Absolute genius Zola was, what a player. His dribble against Liverpool where he puts Carragher flat on his arse about 10 times is just brilliant.

You are comparing someone who has done everything, won a hell of a lot and has completed his career to someone who is building to be potentially one of the best in the world.....So, if the question was...."Will he be better than Zola" my answer is yes.

I think Eden is absolutely brilliant but I really can't see him becoming better than Zola. Mainly because I think Zola was a lot smarter as a player, so far better decision making & positional play. Far better finishing and shooting as well. Even with age I don't think Eden will ever atteign that level.

Dribbling wise they're probably equally good, Eden even a tad faster in the first meters, equal technical skills and so on. But not many departments in which Eden actually excels to Zola.

Again, no shame in that, it's a big ask!

I think Eden is absolutely brilliant but I really can't see him becoming better than Zola. Mainly because I think Zola was a lot smarter as a player, so far better decision making & positional play. Far better finishing and shooting as well. Even with age I don't think Eden will ever atteign that level.

Dribbling wise they're probably equally good, Eden even a tad faster in the first meters, equal technical skills and so on. But not many departments in which Eden actually excels to Zola.

Again, no shame in that, it's a big ask!

I think Hazard can be what he wants to be, honestly and truthfully I mean that. Take for example the City game this Sunday, that's the type of game I want to see Hazard take it to City.....He's made a great start this season but for all the qualities he has these are the games against the big guns he has to shine and deliver.

The fact we have had players like Zola and have a player like Hazard says everything.

Only thing Hazard is equal is dribbling. And even there, some might question. But in about anything else from vision, passing, shooting, FKs,...Zola was few times better. But Hazard has time and plays in different time, football is much more tactical nowdays.

thing is that he's not second best to Zola , he has a long way to go to be considered as one of the greats in Chelsea history, alot to prove and alot to win.

The question is could he take his place in the galary of Chelsea greats?

For me the answer is yes, if he stays here long enough its possible .

Could he surpass Zola? very hard task but i believe he's gifted enough to get there, alot depends how he evolve as player in the coming years but the potential is there.

Wouldn't it make more sense comparing (seems that's all everyone does lately) him to players his age playing for clubs of similar quality instead of 1) Messi, 2) Ronaldo, 3) Legends of the game who in most cases became greats in the latter part of their career?

Wouldn't it make more sense comparing (seems that's all everyone does lately) him to players his age playing for clubs of similar quality instead of 1) Messi, 2) Ronaldo, 3) Legends of the game who in most cases became greats in the latter part of their career?

it makes more sense, but its also fun to compare old and new stars of the club ?

Not everything has to make sense hehe

No one is the same though, everyone is different. For example Ibra now over 30 still top 5 strikers in the world. On theory 10 years ago he should have been like Messi now but instead he was just a decent one back then.

Also imo people are comparing Hazard because it makes sense on paper, but football doesn't work like that. What we all expect though is for Hazard to be regularly getting 15-20 goals/assists every SINGLE SEASON as minimum requirement now, if he is to sign a new £200k+ deal then that is pretty much a must to justify it in the long term.

No one is the same though, everyone is different. For example Ibra now over 30 still top 5 strikers in the world. On theory 10 years ago he should have been like Messi now but instead he was just a decent one back then.

Also imo people are comparing Hazard because it makes sense on paper, but football doesn't work like that. What we all expect though is for Hazard to be regularly getting 15-20 goals/assists every SINGLE SEASON as minimum requirement now, if he is to sign a new £200k+ deal then that is pretty much a must to justify it in the long term.

then we will judge him on his stats while i think he's much more of a feeder, he creates alot for others arround him, mostly he create and give the opportunity to others to score or to give the final pass that leads to a goal like he did alot this season.

For me thats equally important but the stats wont back that up tough

Sadly enough there's this new breed of football fans that can't look at a player beyond stats. Do you realize what he brings to the team? His mere presence causes space for others.