test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

23,941 posts in this topic

'I spoke to Joe Cole and what he said above all was that Chelsea was the right club for me. As somebody who loves the club himself, he said he could really see me in the shirt, so when I see him next I'll tell him he was right.'

:D

RamiCFC9 likes this

This signing has me ecstatic, and if Hulk comes too, then wow.

I believe our team is now going to be based around those two players pretty much.

I originally believed we'd play a 4-2-3-1 next season like Manchester City do or like how Liverpool used to do, but it would seem we're going more down the Real Madrid way of a 4-2-3-1.

Hazard will be the Di Maria-like player, while Hulk will be our C.Ronaldo-like player (there really are tonnes of similarities between Ronaldo and Hulk.)

Lampard will act like Xabi Alonso I assume, while Ramires may be slotted in ahead of Mikel to act like Khedira.

Although we won't be a team who crosses into the box much, I believe that our dribbling on the flanks and through-balls down the middle will more than make-up for that.

Welcome Hazard. Please don't flop. If you do, I'll piss on your car.

Alonso is the deep lying midfielder used to intercept balls then spray it, this is more suited to Mikel I believe and Khedria is more like the bridge between attack and defence - this is Lampard. In your system we'd play 6 midfielders and a striker but I see your point however it worries me how Rami would fit in. I believe Rami would either have to replace Lampard or play back up to Hulk which is sad.

However welcome Eden :), if you do half as much as you did in Ligue 1 you'll be a hit.

Alonso is the deep lying midfielder used to intercept balls then spray it, this is more suited to Mikel I believe and Khedria is more like the bridge between attack and defence - this is Lampard. In your system we'd play 6 midfielders and a striker but I see your point however it worries me how Rami would fit in. I believe Rami would either have to replace Lampard or play back up to Hulk which is sad.

Lampard is 34 in 9 days, he can't play 3 times a week anymore even 2 is pushing it.

Ramires should be first choice with Lampard playing the experienced squad role, less is more when you get to the age Frank is now.

Lampard is 34 in 9 days, he can't play 3 times a week anymore even 2 is pushing it.

Ramires should be first choice with Lampard playing the experienced squad role, less is more when you get to the age Frank is now.

Totally agree with that and I believe in a 4231 Ramires suits the role beside the defensive midfielder more in order to act as a carrier of the ball with his energy in counter attacking situations. This is also a reason why I think Dembele should be bought in as cover as Lampard with his age and as he's always been hasn't ever matched the energy of other players but managed to do what he has done with a superb footballing brain, yet in a 4231 with him being more attacking against big teams he can struggle to outmuscle the likes of Mata or Hazard for that place in the centre to do what he does best and that is attack.

Tomo likes this

If your going to compare you have to add Torres to that second option in my opinion!

ok replace marin with torres and still tell me what option you would pick!??!?!

Totally agree with that and I believe in a 4231 Ramires suits the role beside the defensive midfielder more in order to act as a carrier of the ball with his energy in counter attacking situations. This is also a reason why I think Dembele should be bought in as cover as Lampard with his age and as he's always been hasn't ever matched the energy of other players but managed to do what he has done with a superb footballing brain, yet in a 4231 with him being more attacking against big teams he can struggle to outmuscle the likes of Mata or Hazard for that place in the centre to do what he does best and that is attack.

Dembele isn't a bad shout but would Fulham sell to us?

Dembele isn't a bad shout but would Fulham sell to us?

We have a very good rapport with Fulham, add Malouda and a couple of million and I am sure they will be fine with it. They will be losing their star player but in my opinion they have Ruiz and if Dembele pushes for the move there is no real choice for them, there's not many other players I can think of though who can suit the role for so little money so if Fulham stick at their guns we could have a problem.

Hopefully this move for Hazard and the rumoured one for Hulk is the start and not an end of the spree as I still feel we need several players including a world class CDM (Vidal, Martinez or Bender) & RB (van der Wiel or Azpilicueta) then a back up CB (Howedes, though Martinez can play there if needs be and Mikel can slot into the team). That is without considering a potential back up striker if Torres and Sturridge misfire though we do have Marin who can slot in if we do sign Hulk as he can move up front.

A Utd fan outraged and defying the term plastic,

"I regard clubs that spend the money from crooked oil barons because, as much as they pretend to be 'big boys', they're so far from actually being 'big boys' that they can't sustain their wage bill or pay their transfer fees with the money they make as being 'plastic'. Clubs like Chelsea, Citeh, PSG, Malaga and Anzhi Whothefuckarethey"

Salford Kel is extremely biased & bitter, she has a distorted view point

wow, we will finally have someone who can just dribble past 3,4 people when all else fails! what a talent, and hey he said he's joining cuz of the vision! just makes me all the more giddy for chelsea fc!!!!!

BlueKevin1 likes this

We have a very good rapport with Fulham, add Malouda and a couple of million and I am sure they will be fine with it. They will be losing their star player but in my opinion they have Ruiz and if Dembele pushes for the move there is no real choice for them, there's not many other players I can think of though who can suit the role for so little money so if Fulham stick at their guns we could have a problem.

He has one year left on his contract, they could get a decent amount or run the risk of losing him for free. Also if a deal could be done I wouldn't mind Lukaku going their on loan. Seeing as Andy Johnson has been released and they are still debating on renewing Pavel's contract, it could be ideal for both clubs.

He has one year left on his contract, they could get a decent amount or run the risk of losing him for free. Also if a deal could be done I wouldn't mind Lukaku going their on loan. Seeing as Andy Johnson has been released and they are still debating on renewing Pavel's contract, it could be ideal for both clubs.

Wasn't sure if it was 1 or 2, thanks for clarifying :). I think if we put in a decent bid with the history between the clubs and the deal in hand they will accept providing Dembele wants to come to us, we will be comfortably be in the driving seat with this and it could be a great move as we look to move away from the way we played under Jose and finally herald in a free-flowing game full of skill, energy and unity. Providing the role Ramires has i think Dembele will get a fair share of games in the same position but their versatility really sets them apart and makes them both incredible assets to the team.

But Lampard is better then Ramires in the double pivot tho, we have seen that this season. And if you watched Ramires with Brazil during Copa America last year you would further be convinced that Lampard is much better suited in that role.

Ramires has glaring flaws, like his passing, first touch, and close control. Ramires has his qualities, but those qualities does not suit the double pivot.

Lampard has the better quality for that role. We have seen Lampard not make or few of his trademark runs into the penalty box since switching to 4-2-3-1, that is a credit to his intelligence and tactical discipline. He is not going to be caught out of position or see our midfield be overrun and he is also much better in tight space then Ramires. Sure Ramires is more dynamic, but with the attacking players we are going to have next season Lampard is much more needed in that role.

Sheva. and DYC. like this

But Lampard is better then Ramires in the double pivot tho, we have seen that this season. And if you watched Ramires with Brazil during Copa America last year you would further be convinced that Lampard is much better suited in that role.

Ramires has glaring flaws, like his passing, first touch, and close control. Ramires has his qualities, but those qualities does not suit the double pivot.

Lampard has the better quality for that role. We have seen Lampard not make or few of his trademark runs into the penalty box since switching to 4-2-3-1, that is a credit to his intelligence and tactical discipline. He is not going to be caught out of position or see our midfield be overrun and he is also much better in tight space then Ramires. Sure Ramires is more dynamic, but with the attacking players we are going to have next season Lampard is much more needed in that role.

Absolutely right. But like Tomo already said, Frank can't play two, three times a week. We need another player for that role. That's why I'm hoping the club is looking for a central midfielder. There are plenty of options around.

Sheva. likes this