Eden Hazard

the wes

It's not fair to compare anyone to Messi. He's just 26 and he practically broke every record out there. Even if he never wins a world cup, he'll be seen as the best of all time 10 years from now. Actually, he might even still be playing ten years from now. Scary.

Ya but he will get there some day

Messi is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time (and will possibly go down as the GOAT if he wins a world cup before he retires) he's talked about in the same breath as Pele, Maradona, Di stefano, cruyff et al. If hazard reaches that level, it will be the greatest achievement in football history.

at hazard's age, messi was already a multiple ballon dor winner just to put things into perspective. there's not a single young player currently that shows the potential to reach the heights of GOAT's because that is the level one has to achieve in order to be talked in the same breath as the Argentine.

Why are people compring him to Messi etc? Hazard is fantastic player and even if he never reaches heights of Messi, as long he plays great and brings us trophies, its fine. He is far from Messi and will never reach it, no one will imo. Messi is unique, as is Hazard. Hazard might become golden ball winner, but as long there are Ronldo and Messi, I dont see him getting one tbh.

In the end of the day, when I see Hazard moving past defenders is the beauty of the game and at that moment I dont care if he has 10 golden balls or none; he is amazing player and might just become Chelsea legend one day.

Didn't you get the memo? We are not allowed to enjoy Eden Hazard under any circumstances because there is another player who also happens to be quite good at football.

In other news, Hazard is featured in the latest episode of Champions League weekly. Cech is on next week too.

Eden Hazard has said that Samuel Eto'o believes that he can be one of the best players in the world.

Well, that's an old thing being said again apparently but on facing PSG, Hazard said this...

"As a football player, you want to play against teams like PSG," he said.

"They have a good squad, create lots of chances and have technical players.

"You have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Motta, Yohan Cabaye and Edinson Cavani.

"But also in defence they are strong. It will be my first game against Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Or not... I have already beaten him on the Playstation."

That last line.. :lol:

Why are people compring him to Messi etc? Hazard is fantastic player and even if he never reaches heights of Messi, as long he plays great and brings us trophies, its fine. He is far from Messi and will never reach it, no one will imo. Messi is unique, as is Hazard. Hazard might become golden ball winner, but as long there are Ronldo and Messi, I dont see him getting one tbh.

In the end of the day, when I see Hazard moving past defenders is the beauty of the game and at that moment I dont care if he has 10 golden balls or none; he is amazing player and might just become Chelsea legend one day.

Cannot agree more but at the same time i really want hazard to somewhat emulate messi game n growth. In the beginning of his career messi was a dribbler, right now he is a damn good dribbler, finisher, passer and set piece taker.

I think there are things Hazard does that are better than Messi, but he doesn't have the consistency of Leo and there's no shame there. As I was watching El Classico I tried to envision Hazard playing with Barca and frankly he would would put up insane #s because his style meshes very well with Tiki Taka.

I look at his numbers with Chelsea and in a more offensive system he might have 25+ goals and 20+ assists.

He's under appreciated because he doesn't have the big numbers, but I think it has a lot to do with the Chelsea system, but also the lack of having players on his level.

I've been saying it for some time now..

Hazard needs another world-class AM, or even better - AM, ST and a CM.

Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Eto'o - while being very good players, are not world-class. (yet)

I think there are things Hazard does that are better than Messi, but he doesn't have the consistency of Leo and there's no shame there. As I was watching El Classico I tried to envision Hazard playing with Barca and frankly he would would put up insane #s because his style meshes very well with Tiki Taka.

I look at his numbers with Chelsea and in a more offensive system he might have 25+ goals and 20+ assists.

He's under appreciated because he doesn't have the big numbers, but I think it has a lot to do with the Chelsea system, but also the lack of having players on his level.

Hazard isn't really that great in goal and people that get +25 assists, usually get it because they excel in set peices, which Hazard does not do well in.

Hazard style doesnt work well with La Masia style. Real Madrid would be a better situation granted bale/rodriguez/cristiano were not there.

Hazard is appreciated at the right level when we have our manager calling him the best young player in the world and the fact he gets PFA recognition and somehow got into the balloon d'oor nomination.