Eden Hazard

the wes

Sometimes you do wonder in games like today where Hazard is being heavily marked that it will be best to actually have a proper LB, and not a RB playing at LB(!), supporting him offensively to cause problems. Too often Azpi just sits back, most likely being asked to do so by Mourinho, and there isn't enough support for Hazard. Can't remember when was the last time we actually see a proper combination play or 1-2 move consistently between our wide player and FB, that is playing on the same side, causing damage to the opposition. Probably in the 09/10 season!

i do agree !! Hazard needs a partner. His game is about. 1-2 passing and quick runs. Without support, every action starts from a stand still, covered by two guys.

Can't blame him on his curent form, he is only playing at 50% of his potential and he is often left for dead in the offensive part of the pitch because of a defensive-minded Azpi at LB (especially in the away games). Every world-class winger needs a solid full-back partner so that he can fulfill his potential - Cristiano has Marcelo, Ribery and Robben have Alaba and Lahm, Reus has Schmelzer etc. Eden is a different player when he has a proper left-back (Ash) to partner him and I can't wait for the next season to see him play alongside Luke Shaw

This playing too many games and he isn't fresh is a load of bollocks.

I take it Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Robben and Ribbery are all super humans and Eden is a mere shadow of an athelete.

He was poor tonight but he didn't have much help with a reluctant Azpi who is the most right footed right-back playing left-back I have ever seen.

Sometimes you do wonder in games like today where Hazard is being heavily marked that it will be best to actually have a proper LB, and not a RB playing at LB(!), supporting him offensively to cause problems. Too often Azpi just sits back, most likely being asked to do so by Mourinho, and there isn't enough support for Hazard. Can't remember when was the last time we actually see a proper combination play or 1-2 move consistently between our wide player and FB, that is playing on the same side, causing damage to the opposition. Probably in the 09/10 season!

Malouda and Cole, with Lampard coming in from the middle....Chelsea used to have such a powerful left hook! :(

This playing too many games and he isn't fresh is a load of bollocks.

I take it Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Robben and Ribbery are all super humans and Eden is a mere shadow of an athelete.

He was poor tonight but he didn't have much help with a reluctant Azpi who is the most right footed right-back playing left-back I have ever seen.

Rooney is not a good example.

Ronaldo is the best athlete i will give you that.

For the rest they play for teams that play 90% of their matches in the opponent's half and have 65-70% of the ball.

They aren't killing their midfielders to run like mad men, their defence is pushing higher and everybody is close to the others.

Us we play with the back line sitting deep and not very close to the midfield.

That's why I don't understand why many here hates the possession play, finding it boring while it's the best way for the players to not push themself to the ground as the matches agaisnt average team, you should not have to push that much if you're a good possession team.

It wasn't straightforward like that. First, the presentator showed some marca frontpages and asked him why not Real Madrid and he said "because Chelsea". He then asked him if he would be interested in Real Madrid for the future and he said that.

It wasn't straightforward like that. First, the presentator showed some marca frontpages and asked him why not Real Madrid and he said "because Chelsea". He then asked him if he would be interested in Real Madrid for the future and he said that.

For starters, taking that quote with a pinch of salt. Would like to know the full situation when he was asked that though.

We've got a week from Man City to Everton. You can recover 100% in a week. The boys should be ready and focused to beat Everton at 100%. It's a big week off. He and the others will be ready and back to business next Saturday.

Really hope we get Luke Shaw in next summer. Hard to make an impact on games when you're being marked by two or three defenders each game. Only ever finds space when he drifts into the middle.

An attacking fullback like Shaw would free up some space for Eden. Azpi is brilliant defensively but like Vertonghen for Belgium, a limited fullback like those two hinders his game and leaves him completely isolated at times. Azpi can't even play a simple pass to the flanks with his weaker foot.

We've been winning games for the past 3 months mainly on Eden's individual ability alone, it's time for others to step up.