Eden Hazard

the wes

He is becoming better and better with each passing week. I feel that people outside Chelsea simply aren't aware of just how good he is. One thing I said about him when he played his first few games for us, was that he needs to work on his finishing, and I do have to say he has improved it a lot.

Keep doing it Eden, you rock!

Even my girlfriend, who doesn't like football (she gets all pissed of like last night), said he is cute and cheered for him :D

Shame he couldn't do it last night :(

Do we limit Hazard by putting him on the wing? I wonder what his goals and assists would be if he was predominantly in Oscar's position.

I should note that I'm not questioning Oscar as our #10 because I love the way the team plays when he's in the center.

I don't see any reason to put Hazard in the middle,right now he is still predominantly a dribbler and left wing I believe is his best position.

I don't see any reason to put Hazard in the middle,right now he is still predominantly a dribbler and left wing I believe is his best position.

Messi used to play on the right wing. Now Hazard is no Messi but he shares a lot of his characteristics, good close control, dribbling ability and an eye for the pass. Could work.

Iirc he played in the middle during his last half season at Lille, and his stats were significantly higher during that period.

I think he also played one or two games there under Rafa, in EL i think it was.

And in the start of last season under Robbie as well!

It is his preferred position and imo his impact would even be greater. Balance wise for the team , i dont know.

hazard you beast it all. lost for words watching him with the hammers jose seem to talk to the midfield to get the ball to hazard more because he did get lots of touches on the ball. still have not got time to watch the match but i will download today and watch later after work. love this lad

hazard you beast it all. lost for words watching him with the hammers jose seem to talk to the midfield to get the ball to hazard more because he did get lots of touches on the ball. still have not got time to watch the match but i will download today and watch later after work. love this lad

I'm always saying that.

If you think you can do this or do that with the ball on your foot, but Hazard is also free, play it to hazard, he sees and does it better!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn V975m Core4 met Tapatalk

Everyone knows Hazard is a better player now than he was last season, let alone two seasons ago at Lille, then how can people say he's better playing as a #10 if they haven't seen the current Hazard playing there for a bigger streak? He's had a few cameos there during some matches and I didn't see anything better than when he's in the wing, quite the opposite actually, he was better in the wing than when he was in the middle.

I think Oscar has been playing much better in the wing than he did in the past. Willian can also play in the wing and Salah isn't here to displace either of them, so while we could keep the same three and have Eden in the middle, I don't see it improving us. I just don't think it's viable, but not because of the options we have for the wing, but simply because I'm not convinced Eden is going to have more impact there than he's having in the wing. Unless we make him Benitez's Mata 2.0...

I didn't watch Lille (don't watch French footie), but I've read many of you saying in his last few months there he had a role similar to Mata here last year: #10 without any other responsibility other than attacking. If our system couldn't afford Mata, why can it afford Hazard (although I'm the first to say Hazard is the best footballer among the two)? For what I understand his stats improved a lot simply because he was exempted from any other responsibility... I don't feel like we should give him such freedom right now (in the future I think it's the natural course of things, but he's not ready yet). Also I'm not sure we can look at this in such a pragmatic way. Just because 2 years ago he was better in this position - having privileges he shouldn't be given now - it doesn't mean now it'll be the same. He's not the same player he was two years ago, what if all the progress he's made suits the wing more than the middle? He plays in the middle for Belgium (at least he did in the matches I've watched) and that Hazard fades in comparison to Chelsea's Hazard, even the Hazard before Mourinho... (although that may happen for a number of reasons - the system Wilmots have in place; Wilmots himself; Hazard being similar to Messi - great in the club, but not able to replicate it in the NT, etc...)

Everyone knows Hazard is a better player now than he was last season, let alone two seasons ago at Lille, then how can people say he's better playing as a #10 if they haven't seen the current Hazard playing there for a bigger streak? He's had a few cameos there during some matches and I didn't see anything better than when he's in the wing, quite the opposite actually, he was better in the wing than when he was in the middle.

I think Oscar has been playing much better in the wing than he did in the past. Willian can also play in the wing and Salah isn't here to displace either of them, so while we could keep the same three and have Eden in the middle, I don't see it improving us. I just don't think it's viable, but not because of the options we have for the wing, but simply because I'm not convinced Eden is going to have more impact there than he's having in the wing. Unless we make him Benitez's Mata 2.0...

I didn't watch Lille (don't watch French footie), but I've read many of you saying in his last few months there he had a role similar to Mata here last year: #10 without any other responsibility other than attacking. If our system couldn't afford Mata, why can it afford Hazard (although I'm the first to say Hazard is the best footballer among the two)? For what I understand his stats improved a lot simply because he was exempted from any other responsibility... I don't feel like we should give him such freedom right now (in the future I think it's the natural course of things, but he's not ready yet). Also I'm not sure we can look at this in such a pragmatic way. Just because 2 years ago he was better in this position - having privileges he shouldn't be given now - it doesn't mean now it'll be the same. He's not the same player he was two years ago, what if all the progress he's made suits the wing more than the middle? He plays in the middle for Belgium (at least he did in the matches I've watched) and that Hazard fades in comparison to Chelsea's Hazard, even the Hazard before Mourinho... (although that may happen for a number of reasons - the system Wilmots have in place; Wilmots himself; Hazard being similar to Messi - great in the club, but not able to replicate it in the NT, etc...)

No need to get so defensive, someone asked the question wether Hazards assists/goals would be higher in the middle, witch his last season at Lille shows to be true. That doesnt mean we think he should be positioned there permanently at the expense of Oscar. Although i think its certainly a possibility with Mata gone. Who do you think we should put there if Oscar gets injured or suspended? Surely the defensive contributions Eden's added to his game recently wouldnt just vanish?

The last game in EL Eden played there, he was actually very good imo. eden has stated in the past he considers it his best position, though offcourse even his own opinion on this might have changed...