test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

21,504 posts in this topic

Robinho was actually always overrated. Even when he was in Brazilian League he was never as good as Neymar. Robinho was very good here, Neymar was destroying the league. On topic, Hazard has the edge on Neymar on pretty much everything bar goal scoring, Neymar is very decisive and he has a tendency of scoring important goals too which brings him to a level close to Hazard but I'd say Hazard is still slightly ahead. The only instance when Neymar would be a better fit is in a team in need of that clutch player in front of the goal. Hazard, on the other hand, has a toolset more suitable to make everyone around him play better and is also less selfish. I don't think he'll ever develop a goal scoring hunger or become a goal machine but that's ok imo. He's already one of the best players in the world as is.

In Brazil, Robinho was supposedly the next Pele. Neymar has and is following the same tag.

That's the reason I used that example.

Omg, I just watched the Youtube video of Neymar diving for 7 minutes. What a cheat, no class whatsoever. I wouldn't want him on my team even though he is good enough. I would much rather go for Reus.

Barca is my team. I don't like Chelsea but respect every club. And I love Hazard and think he'd be a better fit for Barca than Neymar.

I disagree. I think Neymar is a better fit for barca. Barca has one player who want the ball on his feet all the time in Messi.

Kisses and hugs.

2nd one is a dive, no doubt about it.

3rd one is Cahill lol..........

And the 1st one - come on... don't make a fool of yourself. That is a foul. Look at their hips, not their feet. Emre Can goes through Hazard, body checks him. Probably that video was made by some sad scouse bastard that wanted you to look somewhere else, hence the circles pointing to their ankles and you took the bait.

Your post is irrelevant to be honest as Hazard is not known for being a diver. Something I can't say about the likes of Neymar or Robben. Just search for "Hazard dive" on Youtube and you would probably find two or three videos. Then search for "Neymar dive". That's pages and pages of videos of him auditioning for the next series of "Splash"......

They are both wonderful players to watch though and I'd rate them at the same level. Hazard has this amazing balance and a low centre of gravity that makes it almost impossible to disposses him, just like Messi and Aguero, whereas Neymar is a better dribbler, a trickster and maybe a better finisher.

Hazard is easily a better player in almost every way imaginable. He's also clearly the most inferior of Barca's 3 attackers. Do you think a guy like Neymar is even that close to a Sergio Aguero for example? But, yeah, Neymar's hype machine have done an incredible job to deceive people into making people believe he is something he is not. It's only a matter of time before the whole world realizes it. Neymar = biggest myth in football.

In Brazil, Robinho was supposedly the next Pele. Neymar has and is following the same tag.

Robinho was a fun prospect like Pato for example, but never regarded once in a generation prospect like Neymar.

"Next Pele" label or any other legend label is always a farce, never pay attention to it. I don't think anyone in their right mind thought he was the next pele. Just as likely no one really thought Nasri or Gourcoff were the " next zidane."

Dion likes this

Robinho was a fun prospect like Pato for example, but never regarded once in a generation prospect like Neymar.

"Next Pele" label or any other legend label is always a farce, never pay attention to it. I don't think anyone in their right mind thought he was the next pele. Just as likely no one really thought Nasri or Gourcoff were the " next zidane."

Pato's injuries have ruined his career so far, rather than his attitude.

I don't take much notice of labels, but if someone unknown is given such a title by the press; they must have something about them to warrant it.

It's fun because the last "next Zidane" (before Nabil Fekir) was actually supposed to replace Hazard in the team I support in Ligue 1. He is Marvin Martin, just broke the assist record of the league history, scored two goals for his first appearance in the NT just like Zidane... He's been in Lille for 3 years now, still hasn't scored any for us, spent most of the time injured, has lost all his market value :rant:

Joker10, Dion and Mufassir08 like this

I know what you're getting at – he was marketed as the next Pelé but my point is: he never dominated the league in the fashion Neymar did. Heck, Robinho probably wasn't even the best player in the league when he was sold, Neymar was. Robinho's most iconic play here was being fouled and getting a penalty to make Santos win the league – that's how much of a stretch it was, his most memorable feat was getting a penalty, and a really soft one at that, if not a dive all together.

Robinho's legendary play:

Anyone with half a brain knows it takes a lot more than that to make the next Pelé. Pelé scored a shit ton of goals, Robinho never even was a good goal scorer. It was probably the dumbest hype I've seen in my life.

I know what you're getting at – he was marketed as the next Pelé but my point is: he never dominated the league in the fashion Neymar did. Heck, Robinho probably wasn't even the best player in the league when he was sold, Neymar was. Robinho's most iconic play here was being fouled and getting a penalty to make Santos win the league – that's how much of a stretch it was, his most memorable feat was getting a penalty, and a really soft one at that, if not a dive all together.

Robinho's legendary play:

Anyone with half a brain knows it takes a lot more than that to make the next Pelé. Pelé scored a shit ton of goals, Robinho never even was a good goal scorer. It was probably the dumbest hype I've seen in my life.

I didn't follow Brazilian footie when he was starting out, but I'm quite sure the calibre of player were higher back then. Brasileiro is mainly full of has beens, and a few prospects.

However, I'm in agreement. Neymar is on a different level to Robinho.

Fact 1 : Hazard and Neymar are both incredibly gifted players.

Fact 2 : It seems that none of them has reached his ceiling yet.

Fact 3 : Hazard and Neymar, while playing in the same area (left-wing), endorse a completely different role for their respective teams. In fact, they could very well play in the same team without treading on each other's toes.

Fact 4 and the most important one : not only it is impossible to figure out which one is better than the other, it is completely nonsensical.

I will say this though, I only know Neymar, the player. But I know Eden Hazard, the person. And I daresay, who you are as a person is as important for a competent coach, as who you are as a player.

In the case of Hazard, he has everything as a human being to be the perfect team partner. He is humble, joyful, forgiving, hard-working, loyal and generous. He is mature, and a loving husband and father, and never drinks or party too much despite his young age and luxury wages.

He doesn't think he is above anyone in the team despite being its obvious best player. He is not a diva, even if some media would have liked him to be.

That's why on the pitch, he doesn't cheat. Doesn't get angry, doesn't try to take justice into his own hands and always respect the referee (as well as the opponent) however mistaken/unfair he may be in his decisions.

Also, he would never place his personal interests above the team or the club's interests.

That is what makes me think that Hazard has something more than other players of similar talent. This and the fact that Hazard never gets injured, despite being constantly fouled.

I don't say that Neymar is not like Hazard in that way, maybe he is I don't know him as a human being. But as long as I won't have proofs that Neymar is as great a human being Hazard is, I would choose Hazard over Neymar in a heart beat, no matter how many goals Neymar scored his last season.

This is beautiful. You're going to write my eulogy.

Hkibou likes this

Kisses and hugs.

Not quite sure what your purposes is around here or what you are trying achieve. From my stand point it looks very much like you are on the wind up and are trying to work the ticket of the TC members......Bit of news for you, it won't happen whilst I am about, if it continues you certainly won't. Debate things in a proper way and stop trying to ruffle feathers.

Bosnian Blue and didierforever like this

Will Eden Hazard win the PFA Players' Player of the Year award this season?
Yes - he's the best player on the best team in PL
No - I accidentally clicked no because there's no reason for saying no.

This is beautiful. You're going to write my eulogy.

Any time ! My fee is 100£ every 5000 characters ;)

Styles likes this

He should win it and most likely will win it with kane as ypoty.

not that it matter much but his invidual trophies would be like:

3x ypoty(2 in france and 1 england)

3x poty ( 2 in france and 1 in england)

also if he manage to get in the team of the year it would be the 6th time in his career,quite impressive for a 24 year old