Eden Hazard

the wes

I only used the epl stats + you cannot deduce he is only potential. That was my argument.

Perhaps I should have clarified my statement better. "potential" was used in this case to mean that hazard hasn't reached his prime yet and I argued that there's no guarantee his prime would be significantly better than the current. potential could mean a raw and unproven talent or someone/something that hasn't yet reached full maturity. it depends on which definition you apply.

So you think he's already worth £110m which would not only make him cost more than ronaldo and bale but also make him worlds most expensive player ever?.

No he's not worth 110m but he's not for sale and thats the big issue in this case.

Chelsea does not want/need to sell Hazard, so the only chance to get him is to offer a insane ammount of money to his club and also insane wages to the player but even then Chelsea will most likely not sell him since we simply dont need the money

This discussion has nothing to do with hazards talent which is undeniable. it is about whether people are overrating his importance and contribution to chelsea a tad and making bold judgement based on potential i,e what could be rather than what is hence the Ronaldo (man utd) and Bale (spurs) comparison. when I read statements to the effect of he's worth more than those 2 players transfer fee, then question has to be raised.

Think your going about this wrong. Hazard is as invaluable to us as Ronaldo was to man utd or Bale was to Tottenham maybe not stats wise but status wise.

man utd and tottenham were both in a weaker bargaining position due to Ronaldo and Bale's desire to leave their clubs.

If they didn't wanna leave then both man utd and tottenham wouldn't have sold them.

The situation with Hazard is different. He has expressed no desire to leave so as a club we are in a much stronger position and can tell any club to go fuck off no matter what money they throw at us.

That's why people are valuing Hazard higher then Bale and Ronaldo.

This discussion has nothing to do with hazards talent which is undeniable. it is about whether people are overrating his importance and contribution to chelsea a tad and making bold judgement based on potential i,e what could be rather than what is hence the Ronaldo (man utd) and Bale (spurs) comparison. when I read statements to the effect of he's worth more than those 2 players transfer fee, then question has to be raised.

You have some valid points, i wont deny that but let me ask you this question.

Where do you think Chelsea would stand in the epl table right now without Hazard?

Some games like Sunderland, Swansea and liverpool come across my mind ;)

Do u know I will rob whatever paper/money they bring forward for hazard in my ass and won't even bother I did it. What do u think of Messi when come transfer windows like this for years no body try to look up Barca face and say I really want to buy Messi off u guy why because your money what nothing to them so I believe is a value piece for Chelsea at the moment so I guess will do the same by giving them the finger

Not just games he has scored in, but there are games he doesn't even play well and still plays a vital part in the creating of chances with his dribbling and vision.

For me, selling Hazard is not even worthy of a discussion. Top clubs for the most part do not sell their best player, especially not when this said player has not expressed any desire to leave, and is still just at the tender age of 23.

Agree but to my feeling in the games i mentioned he really carried us.

You have some valid points, i wont deny that but let me ask you this question.

Where do you think Chelsea would stand in the epl table right now without Hazard?

Some games like Sunderland, Swansea and liverpool come across my mind ;)

Not just games he has scored in, but there are games he doesn't even play well and still plays a vital part in the creating of chances with his dribbling and vision.

For me, selling Hazard is not even worthy of a discussion. Top clubs for the most part do not sell their best player, especially not when this said player has not expressed any desire to leave, and is still just at the tender age of 23.

Exactly. It would make no sense tbh. Not from a players point of view, a trainers/managers point of view or even a policy point of view ....

The financial point of view ... That would be weird considering Abrahimovic is our man, you would need to spend heavy to replace him + you risk dislodging the team again just now that we are gelling. Also: Hazard was/is that kind of youngster that doesn't come around to often. If you would replace him with a player in his prime - same quality: what would that cost us?

It is what it is:

Take the stats for example.

Hazard: 9 epl goals (3 european goals as well), 11 assists, 5 mom in a team like Chelsea, 7.3 on whoscored (whatever that means - just to compare)

Michu: 18 epl goals (being a striker), 2 assists, 6 mom in Swansea, 7.13 on whoscored

Walcott: 14 epl goals, 10 assists, 1 mom in Arse, 7.21 on whoscored.

What consistency do you base it on then? Hazard was also younger, his first season, played in a much more demanding team in transition, the trainer stuff, ....

You can debate it, but it is nowhere near as clear cut as you seem to imply.

You are missing one very key information and factor here, appearances. Chelsea played more competeive games than Swansea and arsenal lasts season which skews the figure considerably given Hazard featured in more games.

and moreover stats doesn't always tell the whole story. for example willian in that carling cup game against arsenal was brilliant and did everything perfectly well other than score or assist a goal. does that mean he has had an inferior performance to someone who has an underwhelming game but pops up with a goal or assist? as it very often happens in football. There was no way on the evidence of last season that hazard deserved that award.

Well I fuck your option this "There was no way on the evidence of last season that hazard deserved that award" why? Because I know you just don't pick whoever u want to give that award you merit large part which is see across league but don't need to say mush in defending hazard here he alway the threat all manager put into consideration when setup their team. Damn man don't u see 2,3 on him all the time he still try to give a decent pass even under pressure. I really hate this topic u brought up but I love u please no homo but we can use soap if u like

On a Side note, the hazard and Ronaldo comparison, it's bs imo, i know when i look at a compilation video of both and the things i see hazard doing is magic imo.

Ronaldo scores the goals i know, but purely on who i enjoy watching the most hazard is the winner.

Don't know if it's the fact I'm belgian or the fact that Ronaldo is an arrogant asshole that makes My choice, it's like the Ronaldo Messi comparison i enjoy watching Messi alot more.

Ignoring defenders and midfielders. was Hazard ahead of players like Michu and walcott on the basis of consistency week in week out last season?. which is the criteria any award should be based on anyway.

Lol Walcott is possibly the most inconsistent player to ever grace this earth.

On a Side note, the hazard and Ronaldo comparison, it's bs imo, i know when i look at a compilation video of both and the things i see hazard doing is magic imo.

Ronaldo scores the goals i know, but purely on who i enjoy watching the most hazard is the winner.

Don't know if it's the fact I'm belgian or the fact that Ronaldo is an arrogant asshole that makes My choice, it's like the Ronaldo Messi comparison i enjoy watching Messi alot more.

Well, Ronaldo used to do magic when he was younger. At Lisbon and at Man utd, lots of step overs and sick goals, was a pleasure to watch, even as a rival.

Now he's different though - he plays like a striker and scores tap ins or headers every game. Not as fun to watch as before, but his consistency is absolutely amazing.

This thread seemed to take a left turn somewhere. The CIES football observatory ranked him 4th with a value of 55.5 -64.5 million Euros and that was as of this summer.

Ronaldo was 3nd witha value of 102.2-118.7 million, Bale was 9th with a value of 43.5 to 50.6 million euros