Eden Hazard

the wes

Surely I can't be the only one that finds his tendency to lose possession quite frequently through combination of poor decision making (like trying silly flicks, over-dribbling. . .) and inconsistent passing very frustrating. He has to significantly improves those aspect of his game plus productivity to become a world class player. for those that believe he's close to that level couldn't be more wrong, he still has a long long way to go and like mou said, there's a difference between a top talent and a top player.

Surely I can't be the only one that finds his tendency to lose possession quite frequently through combination of poor decision making (like trying silly flicks, over-dribbling. . .) and inconsistent passing very frustrating. He has to significantly improves those aspect of his game plus productivity to become a world class player. for those that believe he's close to that level couldn't be more wrong, he still has a long long way to go and like mou said, there's a difference between a top talent and a top player.

Honestly Hazard usually never loses the ball..

He just doesn't really give a fuck in pre-season, so it seems.. like you said, trying those flicks and skills etc.

He's actually very strong and has incredible balance, he almost never loses the ball.

Are you making these claims based on a few preseason games?

Maybe it's just because its preseason, but I hate how he doesn't immediately sprint at defenders and attack. It's like he uses his incredible dribbling and technical ability only in a reactive way. He'll wait until he's closed down or in danger of getting tackled before he explodes and flies past defenders.

Most of the time he gets the ball in a 1 on 1 situation he's at walking pace and passes it away. You watched the master CR7 yesterday get the ball and instantly burst at his defender and blaze past him with skill. Hazard needs to be doing that more often. God knows he has the talent.

I get what you're saying. I sometimes have that impression too, especially in the beginning of last season. But don't forget that Ronaldo tracks back less often and Eden has to do his defensive work as well which gives him less energy to constantly go full throttle.

With all due respect i do not understand your point of view, which leads me to believe you don't know much about football.

First : "Hazard tendency to lose possession" :blink::blink: Dafuq did i just hear ??? :wank2:

Hazard is extraordinary in that matter, his close-control, balance and vision allows him to hold the ball like the best in the world in that domain.

Empirical proofs of that are multiple. His statistics in keeping the ball, and number of loss per game are indisputably on his side.

Another statiscal proof of his skills in the matter : he's been twice in a row most fouled player of Ligue 1 (and Europe the second year), most fouled player at Chelsea for his first season. So unless you consider getting fooled is losing possession, i don't see what you complain about. Not only he's terrific at holding possession, he frequently creates space for other and manages to create movement in dangerous areas...

Besides, that "tendency" that you call, is just collateral damage. I don't know what world you live in, but football is difficult, no matter how gifted you are, there's defenders just as good in front of you willing to put you down no matter what. When you're as offensive minded as Eden Hazard, typically wingers and AM, you're bound to lose the ball. Because what they do, if they succeed it, creates danger, space. Their presence is constant, their threat weighing out opposite defence every minute of the match... Watch of Barcelona game for once in a while, you'll be astounded to see how many times Messi loses the ball during the game, while he's the best in the world for that exercise. Hazard is easily in the close four behind the incredible Argentinian.

2nd : "Inconsistent passing" ??? :rant::rant:

No need for a long speech, stats will suffice : 88% passing accuracy overall his career, 90% as a n°10 his last season at Lille (source : LFP) ; 85% pass success for his first year in Premier League with NEW partners !

According to whoscored, 45 passes/game in Premier League, 12 assists, 65 key passes, 75% accuracy for long-range passes

For a winger, or any other advanced midfielders, you'll find few with better stats.

Nice. Good read

Edited by haranr

Reading posts like this I wish I could hit a "Boo"-button somewhere...

Edited by Christacinto

With all due respect i do not understand your point of view, which leads me to believe you don't know much about football.

First : "Hazard tendency to lose possession" :blink::blink: Dafuq did i just hear ??? :wank2:

Hazard is extraordinary in that matter, his close-control, balance and vision allows him to hold the ball like the best in the world in that domain.

Empirical proofs of that are multiple. His statistics in keeping the ball, and number of loss per game are indisputably on his side.

Another statiscal proof of his skills in the matter : he's been twice in a row most fouled player of Ligue 1 (and Europe the second year), most fouled player at Chelsea for his first season. So unless you consider getting fooled is losing possession, i don't see what you complain about. Not only he's terrific at holding possession, he frequently creates space for other and manages to create movement in dangerous areas...

Besides, that "tendency" that you call, is just collateral damage. I don't know what world you live in, but football is difficult, no matter how gifted you are, there's defenders just as good in front of you willing to put you down no matter what. When you're as offensive minded as Eden Hazard, typically wingers and AM, you're bound to lose the ball. Because what they do, if they succeed it, creates danger, space. Their presence is constant, their threat weighing out opposite defence every minute of the match... Watch of Barcelona game for once in a while, you'll be astounded to see how many times Messi loses the ball during the game, while he's the best in the world for that exercise. Hazard is easily in the close four behind the incredible Argentinian.

2nd : "Inconsistent passing" ??? :rant::rant:

No need for a long speech, stats will suffice : 88% passing accuracy overall his career, 90% as a n°10 his last season at Lille (source : LFP) ; 85% pass success for his first year in Premier League with NEW partners !

According to whoscored, 45 passes/game in Premier League, 12 assists, 65 key passes, 75% accuracy for long-range passes

For a winger, or any other advanced midfielders, you'll find few with better stats.

as I wish I could award a hundred likes for this...

Negged

I understand.

Especially against the asian teams, he wasn't really serious and with the heavy legs after training, he was bad, overdribbling, trying flicks without much focus.

Against Real, with our difficulty in midfield and in the last 3-4 months of last season, when he was carrying the ball from deeper, eliminating some midfield players, it permitted us to keep the ball and letting some player run and take position in the final third of the opposition. The opponents having to back-off on some of their pressure on our last third.

Again Spurs last year, when he was substituted, we had more difficulties moving the ball in the spurs half.

What I don't like is his finishing, I don't understand why he doesn't use tricks to fool the keeper, use chip-in, it's so in contrast with the rest of his game. I think he must have take too litterally some advices he had to keep it simple or don't think and shoot powerfully (like some belgians coaches would say).

What I don't like is his finishing, I don't understand why he doesn't use tricks to fool the keeper, use chip-in, it's so in contrast with the rest of his game. I think he must have take too litterally some advices he had to keep it simple or don't think and shoot powerfully (like some belgians coaches would say).

He has recently been criticised for some reason when failing to score in a one on one with the goalkeeper for the national team using a chip in. I guess that explains it. However silly it may be.

What does Technical ability or talent have to do with sloppy passing and poor decision making. They are mutually exclusive and there are plenty of highly talented players also guilty of the criticism I levied against him . . .see Neymar, Arda Turan, Di maria, pastore and so on.

There's a reason he was poor/average for majority of last season and his inclusion in the player of the year shortlist was met with criticism and mockery by neutral/unbiased fans and pundit. only if some people would remove their blue tinted glasses for a minute and be objective for once.

Edited by olivertwist

What does Technical ability or talent have to do with sloppy passing and poor decision making. They are mutually exclusive and there are plenty of highly talented players also guilty of the criticism I levied against him . . .see Neymar, Arda Turan, Di maria and so on.

There's a reason he was poor/average for majority of last season and his inclusion in the player of the year shortlist was met with criticism and mockery by neutral/unbiased fans and pundit. only if some people would remove their blue tinted glasses for a minute and be objective for once.

poor for the majority of the season? no just no

he had a few rough patches but he showed class throughout and was often sensational.

What does Technical ability or talent have to do with sloppy passing and poor decision making. They are mutually exclusive and there are plenty of highly talented players also guilty of the criticism I levied against him . . .see Neymar, Arda Turan, Di maria, pastore and so on.

:carlo: Da fuck did i just read ?