test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

23,938 posts in this topic

I know I'm going to sound crazy to some/most - I'm gonna go with most - but Hazard should've done better. I'm serious. He should've annihilated them. But that final ball, that final move, the 'kill' as Mourinho calls it, was lacking. And you could tell by his reactions throughout the game, he knew he should've done more. Look at his reaction after he scored his first goal. He was probably thinking, ... another penalty.

He finally got a goal at the end though, that made it a bit better. So, very strong performance overall, but it could've been a very, very memorable one.

Barbara, CHOULO19 and The Chels like this

An absolute joy to watch. Everytime he gets the ball it feels like something great is going to happen.

Never leave, become a legend. This guy is outstanding. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Showed some real determination today, Mourinho's words are really reaching him. Still have a feeling his best form is yet to come :)

If Eden was more ruthless in front of goal he would no question be up there with Messi and Ronaldo as the best players in the world. Immense tonight! Such a talent and the scary thing for everyone else is he is only going to get better!!

Barbara, MrBlueGuy and Daniel1980 like this

It is all good doing it against the likes of Maribo though, hope he continues this weekend against MU.

Yes, it was only Maribor but let's not forget that he ripped apart Arsenal as well in a similar manner.

MrBlueGuy likes this

Not that bad :clown: You could tell from minute 1 that Hazard was hungry for goals tonight and rightly so, he's been too unlucky this season. He did something he normally doesn't do enough of which was making runs into the box. You tend to score more when you do that. We have a really, really special players on our hands guys. An absolute joy to watch him play for us. :getin:

Lack of experience, tactical flexibility, and poor decision making. Yes, he's gotten results, but that's because a lot of these players are just that good. He's an average coach, if Belgium want to do anything like win the Euro's or Confederations Cup, they'll have to reevaluate their staff. Starting with Wilmots.

Maybe we should pay 4 million to get Louis Van Gaal. I heard he's a tactical genius.

Wilmots may not be a mastermind, but he's not bad at all. We've lost one competitive match in two years and it was the World Cup Quarterfinal. Belgium is a good team, but there are other good ones. It was our first big tournament in 12 years. We'll see what happens in two. There's already a difference in playing style noticable. Much more position changes, more movement. He's not blind. I give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, the Belgian board doesn't have the budget to attract "geniuses" like Capello, who was earning 7 million a year in Russia (wasn't he)? Wilmots makes 600.000 euros. Try getting a better coach on that budget

And to people saying we should "definitely" get to the European final. Ffs. It's not that we're the only decent team around. Let's say Germany is the best team at the moment. Then you have Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland, even England: all of these could beat each other if they are having a good day. No one should "definitely" get to the finals. Form, luck, a good draw, all these factors matter.

I know I'm going to sound crazy to some/most - I'm gonna go with most - but Hazard should've done better. I'm serious. He should've annihilated them. But that final ball, that final move, the 'kill' as Mourinho calls it, was lacking. And you could tell by his reactions throughout the game, he knew he should've done more. Look at his reaction after he scored his first goal. He was probably thinking, ... another penalty.

He finally got a goal at the end though, that made it a bit better. So, very strong performance overall, but it could've been a very, very memorable one.

I think it's okay to acknowledge it. He probably acknowledged it himself. He was absolutely unplayable today and unstoppable. I'll patiently wait for the kill instinct to be groomed on him. He could do better with some chances to score - and it has nothing to do with being a Ronaldo-like kind of player or not. He should have scored at the very least two more goals from open play.

While I do point it out - I think he was magnificent. The little details will come with time. I'm positive about it. There's no way he won't improve the kill instinct with Mourinho working so close to him and investing so much on him.

DYC. likes this

The touches he made on his second goal were flawless. Mind blowing what he can do with the ball. Hope the board doesn't screw this up, he needs to retire in a Chelsea shirt.

I couldn't help but think while watching Hazard yesterday: "if we had a Hazard physique with a Juan Mata brain and maybe plus 4 centimeters height..." In the bigger picture, I still think Chelsea can pass and move more quickly during some sequences in possession, but Hazard needs to fashion some better chances for himself and others regardless.

I'm very happy for Ake yesterday.

RoyalBlues and DYC. like this