Eden Hazard

the wes

Before saying that Mata is better than Hazard, lets wait until Mata shows up against good aggressive/physical sides.

Did you watch any games at all last season? Let's just forget his performances against Tottenham, United and Arsenal (all who play high pressure football) shall we. Yes okay, he didn't really have good games against Man City but to say Mata wasn't better than Hazard last season overall is ridiculous in my opinion.

Hazard definitely had the better ending towards the season but overall Mata was definitely our best player.

Like I said before, people love writing Mata off. We really are way too spoilt. He was the best number 10 in the world last season.

I think saying his performance was 'just ok' is very, very wrong. He had a great start and a fantastic season ending. The intermediate period - 2 months + suspended time - he was on and off ok to good.

Saying he had a 'just ok' season is quite unintelligible, i think - especially in his first PL year.

Let's see this comparison with our finest - Mata. It clearly shows Hazards impact in his maiden year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622506-juan-mata-vs-eden-hazard-revealing-stats-to-separate-the-chelsea-pair

If you go further and compare the performances scores on Whoscored

Hazard: 7.31

Mata: 7.24

Oscar: 7.00

Lampard: 7.06

So ..... Hazard does have a huge, huge ceiling, which may tempt you to say he was just ok .... But i find it very harsh and unfounded.

I apologize if I offend you but I still stand by what I said. For a player as talented as hazard he need to produce more. He needs to be the best player on the pitch every game. I want him to produce more key moments especially in big games.

Before saying that Mata is better than Hazard, lets wait until Mata shows up against good aggressive/physical sides.

lol, maybe you forget to realize Eden has never out performed Mata in any of our big games. Remember the Totenham game? or the united games? Just because Mata might struggle against more physical teams doesn't mean we should hold our praises for him. lets see Eden go a season without looking average for 1/2 of it

I apologize if I offend you but I still stand by what I said. For a player as talented as hazard he need to produce more. He needs to be the best player on the pitch every game. I want him to produce more key moments especially in big games.

Lol!! No need for apology, mate :-) it is just debating.

I just feel you have crazy high standards. If you want him to be the best all the time creating key moments galore in his first EPL season being 21 at that time ....

Not even Messi, Ronaldo did that ... so I believe your benchmark for your claim he did just ok is way off.

Lol.Other Teams (United,Arsenal,etc.)would welcome a number 10 like Mata with open arms and some Chelsea Fans think he is sooo bad because he is slow,can´t skip past players and so on.One of Mata´s strenghts is vision,which he has shown often enough in the last two years at this club.Pace on the other hand isn´t a big criteria for a playmaker.

I've noticed it's usually a few Belgium posters that slag off players to prop up their compatriots.

It's not right to only credit that to the Belgium posters.

I've seen English, Spanish, Brazilian,Nigerian and other posters slag off players to prop their compatriots.

To be clear i completely disagree with the guy who started this Mata vs Hazard discussion but you shouldn't say that it's usually the Belgian posters that are starting this stuff.

It's not right to only credit that to the Belgium posters.

I've seen English, Spanish, Brazilian,Nigerian and other posters slag off players to prop their compatriots.

To be clear i completely disagree with the guy who started this Mata vs Hazard discussion but you shouldn't say that it's usually the Belgian posters that are starting this stuff.

That's why I said "a few" rather than tarring all the Belgians with the same brush. ;)

I've noticed it's usually a few Belgium posters that slag off players to prop up their compatriots.

and nigerians who keep promoting mikel.

The reason is that a lot of these fans are chelsea supporters because of these players only.

That's why I said "a few" rather than tarring all the Belgians with the same brush. ;)

Thats cherry picking mate. There are much more other nationalities having a go at Mata than belgians. Just check the Mata thread and the unpopular opinions.

Then come and tell me which belgians do this to further their compatriots. You will see your argument is based on loose sand. Let's see some facts.

He does have a point though, we're, just like other nationalities, more biased than we even know and realise. We might be even more so than quite a few nationalities due to a number of reasons. A major one being that we had little to be excited about for a long time.

Now of course there are differences, you have those who post with an agenda in mind, most just are a tad overexcited, especially the younger members. I'm a long time chelsea fan though I have to admit posting more in threads about Belgian players and joining only after Hazard was signed. People have that bias in varying degrees, sometimes only a little, but everyone has it. And it often more noticed by other than the individuals and group itself, often because it can be irritating.

What am I actually rambling on about? Anyway those comparing Mata and Hazard are comparing very different players in a different stage of their carreer and development. The thing we should hope for is that the two guys will play well together under Mourinho. And I don't have my doubt they both will.

Also KDB is better than Shurrle! ;)