Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard got ripped a new asshole by the Belgium coach - said he needed to defend better and concentrate on that not just his tricks...

So that's a big possibility as to why he played under-par (still better than most)...

Also today was about doing a professional job on AVB and Spurs, this was not the kind of game for fancy tricks, just hard work and graft - we did that :)

He will work out the balance soon enough - thank God he ain't with the Belgium squad for a while though :)

Right now there's so much talent on the Belgian squad that and out of form Hazard won't play that much if at all.

I just get the feeling that he's lacking confidence and needs to be more selfish but he's afraid to be looked at as a ball hog, but his quality is reliant on him being the primary attacking midfield component.

Right now there's so much talent on the Belgian squad that and out of form Hazard won't play that much if at all.

I just get the feeling that he's lacking confidence and needs to be more selfish but he's afraid to be looked at as a ball hog, but his quality is reliant on him being the primary attacking midfield component.

Hazard's still adapting to the EPL & working on his understanding with Mata/Oscar. He's only played like 7 EPL games and people are already worried about his place in the Belgium national team.

I personally don't think we'll see the best of Hazard for another season or two..just like his Lille manager & quite a few of his Belgium team-mates suggested.

Hazard's still adapting to the EPL & working on his understanding with Mata/Oscar. He's only played like 7 EPL games and people are already worried about his place in the Belgium national team.

I personally don't think we'll see the best of Hazard for another season or two..just like his Lille manager & quite a few of his Belgium team-mates suggested.

It's been a lot more than 7 games for the Belgian NT and he's only had a handful of good games. I'm not giving up on him by any means and I'm very thankful that Belgium is strong enough right now that they don't have to depend on him to beat teams, but Belgium is going to need his best form soon.

Well yes, considering when it hit the post it was going away from the goal and had the goalkeeper not made contact with it then their would be no goal, so of course it an own goal. But that's physics for you.

Sometimes a player shoot the ball, and then a defender make a small contact in the ball, and changes a little bit the direction of the ball and it went to the net. If not for that contact there would be no goal. That doesnt make it an own goal. But thats football for you.

Sometimes a player shoot the ball, and then a defender make a small contact in the ball, and changes a little bit the direction of the ball and it went to the net. If not for that contact there would be no goal. That doesnt make it an own goal. But thats football for you.

But that's going into much more vague territory. From what I understand if a player takes a shot that is on target and takes a deflection (e.g Oscar's first against Juventus) it still counts as a goal to the player who took the shot as long as the deflection isn't some freak one. The Ballack situation is a very different case. One being it hit the post (and shots that hit the woodwork (if they don't go past the line like Luiz's free kick goal) don't count as "shots on target"), and secondly, like I said it was going away from the goal, meaning that it takes (as in the previous sentances) a freak deflection that completely changes the projection of the ball that was originally going off target. Hence it counts as an own goal.

I'm not sure why we are so down on him. I thought he did very well yesterday, some slick passes, a real quickness of thought and a couple of charging runs, all wonderfully topped off by that sublime pass to Mata for the third goal, that pass was something very special indeed.

Hazard is good but he never shoots I don't knw y? May be he is just playing more for the team. Anyway regardless he is definitely wat I hoped he will be for cfc. I think he is very similar to joe cole in terms of his probing but not as good in finishing yet but has more energy,pace and defensive awareness, a more complete team player.

Even when he has a mediocre game like yesterday, he still has moments of brilliance in him. Sometimes that's enough to score a decisive goal or two. In the League, the talent gap between top players like Hazard and mid-to-bottom table players is often what makes the difference, and we should appreciate that we have multiple players of the highest calibre.

Hazard is good but he never shoots I don't knw y? May be he is just playing more for the team. Anyway regardless he is definitely wat I hoped he will be for cfc. I think he is very similar to joe cole in terms of his probing but not as good in finishing yet but has more energy,pace and defensive awareness, a more complete team player.

Cole's goals in PL and Ligue 1 : 46 in 366 matches

Hazard's : 38 in 155 matches

Cole's best season in career: 8 goals in 2004/2005 Premier League

Hazard's best season so far : 20 goals in 2011 2012 Ligue 1

You might wanna reconsider ^^