Eden Hazard

the wes

I don't know why he's so average for Belgium...

Because International football does not show the true colors of some players.Messi is fantastic with Argentina for example,but you would never say he is the best in the world if only int. footy existed

anyone know what formation was played last night for Belgium? am I right in thinking it was a 4-4-2??? so Hazard had some defensive duties? if so anyone got any insight on those defensive duties? if this is true then it may explain his average game as he wasnt so far up the pitch all the time....

I don't bother to much, didn't see the game but heard he was not good but also not bad, just simple. Some were complaining when he always dribbled, now he keeps it simple (maybe asked by coach?) and again some complain. He will have his big moments in future no doubt, hopefully against Croatia thuesday..

From watching that, i thought he played well first half and second half there wasn't much so he went a bit missing... Dont know if it was a whole belgium thing or just he didn't get many touches but he did nothing wrong from what i saw there apart from on occassion do things a bit simple... 2:17 though is pretty damn good. :)

He seems to be more of a team player rather than himself, if he gets tackled but still has the ball he wont try to do the same thing again like Ronaldo would, he seems to just pass it to the other player, like he values his team mates, at 2:18 there he passes the ball, where as someone like Ronaldo or Ben Arfa would of kept going for there own momentum.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/eden-hazard-says-he-s-at-one-of-the-world-s-biggest-clubs-and-tha

Eden Hazard has had a mixed time whilst away from Chelsea on international duty with Belgium. He's the country's great hope in a talented team which would fit his reported ego, but he's also the target of most criticism following disappointing performances and fans of the country, and officials involved with the team, expect him to be at his very best all the time - somewhat unrealistic.

Over the past week he's listened to calls from the Belgian FA and from his national team manager, Marc Wilmots, for him to improve and the press in his country have asked him how he's going to respond to these comments and the answer for Hazard is simple - he's going to get better.

Eden Hazard says he's at one of the world's biggest clubs in Chelsea and that the Premier League is helping him improve his game, he told Nieuwsblad "There are bigger stadiums, more atmosphere. Therefore, I wanted to leave, because at Lille I had seen it all.

"Now I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world, where there is pressure every week, every week you should be decisive. The pressure is greater, but players at a big club are basically used to it."

He says that although the pressure with Belgium is there, it's not worse than what he feels with Chelsea because he's expected to perform consistently for his club too.

Hazard says that he must improve his game for his country immediately and that his young age is no excuse to give him allowances, because he has a lot of experience already.

Whilst the Chelsea player is saying all the right things if his national manager and the Belgian FA continue to single him out for criticism then he's bound to get a little irritated by it.