Eden Hazard

the wes

True, and that's because he isn't always injured. I remember a game against Newcastle. Robben dribbled everyone from our own half and went on to score. Hazard wouldn't even do that. He would have gone sideways you know, and get fouled in a non-dangerous area of the pitch.

A fit Robben was any day better IMO

Everyone's entitled to his opinion, but Hazard is far more influential than Robben ever was with us. Robben was more direct, but in terms of combining in small spaces and the oponent's box, Eden is unmatched.

Maybe. But when have we ever given a fuck about what the media say about us?

The best situation would be Reus being in form for us while Hazard struggles at RM, the fans turn on him and then we buy him back a year later for £50m :D

Not only the media, but also the player's idea of what playing at Chelsea under Mourinho would be like. It sure is an important factor in the player's choice when it comes to going to a new club.

The best situation would be Reus being in form for us while Hazard struggles at RM, the fans turn on him and then we buy him back a year later for £50m :D

We don't, but the players we want to buy might =)

In all seriousness though, maybe we could use that to work in our favour. With Hazard out, maybe Reus would like the idea of being THE man at Chelsea, who makes it tick in midfield, etc etc

But if our team in 16/17 is

Courtois

Azpi Varane Zouma Baba

Kenedy Matic RLC Reus

Solanke Costa

(and all players like to their potential)

with a bench including players like Oscar, Willian, Terry (player/coach) etc etc then we will win many, many things

Have you seen Reus play this season? He's been terrible for his standards. Worse than Hazard imo. He was even benched against Bayern for that reason.

Solanke, Kenedy? What the heck? Reus and Varane. Bless your optimistic heart.

Have you seen Reus play this season? He's been terrible for his standards. Worse than Hazard imo. He was even benched against Bayern for that reason.

Solanke, Kenedy? What the heck? Reus and Varane. Bless your optimistic heart.

Kenedy has been very good this season when he's played, and Solanke at 17 years of age is taking Vitesse by storm. I have every reason to believe that in 2 years they will be Chelsea quality.

If we get Varane out of the Hazard deal as well as Hazard that's a good deal. Reus has been terrible, sure, but then surely it makes no difference and getting the best defender in Europe is worth it.

Kenedy has been very good this season when he's played, and Solanke at 17 years of age is taking Vitesse by storm. I have every reason to believe that in 2 years they will be Chelsea quality.

If we get Varane out of the Hazard deal as well as Hazard that's a good deal. Reus has been terrible, sure, but then surely it makes no difference and getting the best defender in Europe is worth it.

The best defender in Europe would be a regular starter for more than a few matches don't you think?

And best-case scenario for Solanke next season is third choice, nothing more...

Solanke is not going to be leading our line, LOL. Kenedy has good potential but let's not overrate him. He is not going to be in our team on a consistent basis and highly unlikely we will play with a 4-4-2.

Solanke is not going to be leading our line, LOL. Kenedy has good potential but let's not overrate him. He is not going to be in our team on a consistent basis and highly unlikely we will play with a 4-4-2.

Playing as a second striker is not leading the line... Diego would. And who's to say Mourinho would not play a 4-4-2? Just last season he said that he would certainly consider it.

And @Simon that's not the case if we play 4-4-2. It's a different system with different requirements.

Playing as a second striker is not leading the line... Diego would. And who's to say Mourinho would not play a 4-4-2? Just last season he said that he would certainly consider it.

And @Simon that's not the case if we play 4-4-2. It's a different system with different requirements.

Solanke is not going to be starting for us next season. Regardless of how he performs at Vitesse. He will be 18 at the start of next season and there is no way we are going to throw him in our team. Just look at Traore who is rotting away this season. He was excellent at Vitesse last season and barely makes the match squad.

Kenedy has done a decent job. I love the boy's commitment but he lacks the necessary talent for a title winning side imo.

Taking Vitesse by storm. That's quite the exaggeration. He hasn't even been Vitesse's best player this season. I love the fact that he's playing but he has such a long way to go. I hope he stays at Vitesse until he manages to score around 25 goals in the league. More even. He doesn't stand a chance to become a backup striker for Chelsea if he doesn't, let alone a starter. But I really like him.

Why do people think Varane would leave Real for Chelsea? It's Real Madrid. Real decides to sell players but players rarely leave because they want to. And it's hard to get Reus. He loves Dortmund and if he leaves, everyone wants him. Chelsea have struggled to buy world-class players. I don't think the club can compete with the very best. They succeeded with Torres and Sheva, but both players ended up as complete failures sadly.

where has this myth come from that Chelsea have struggled to buy world class players??? what world class players have we actually put bids in for over the years? the only one i can think of is Modric, he wanted to sign for us but he played for Spurs and they would never sell to us.

Kenedy has done a decent job. I love the boy's commitment but he lacks the necessary talent for a title winning side imo.

Taking Vitesse by storm. That's quite the exaggeration. He hasn't even been Vitesse's best player this season. I love the fact that he's playing but he has such a long way to go. I hope he stays at Vitesse until he manages to score around 25 goals in the league. More even. He doesn't stand a chance to become a backup striker for Chelsea if he doesn't, let alone a starter. But I really like him.

Why do people think Varane would leave Real for Chelsea? It's Real Madrid. Real decides to sell players but players rarely leave because they want to. And it's hard to get Reus. He loves Dortmund and if he leaves, everyone wants him. Chelsea have struggled to buy world-class players. I don't think the club can compete with the very best. They succeeded with Torres and Sheva, but both players ended up as complete failures sadly.

This. Varane is not going to leave Real. He is at a better team than us and when these rumours were happening this was last season when he could not get in Ancelotti's team. He has played nearly every game for Real this season and will keep his place even when both Ramos and Pepe are fit. He has no reason to leave and a club of Real's wealth would be ludicrous to let a player of his quality and the best defender of his generation go.

where has this myth come from that Chelsea have struggled to buy world class players??? what world class players have we actually put bids in for over the years? the only one i can think of is Modric, he wanted to sign for us but he played for Spurs and they would never sell to us.

You actually think that in the 12 years under Abramovich Chelsea haven't made numerous attempts to purchase world-class talent? You can't be serious. The club/Roman had/have such great ambitions. Plans to take over the world.

You actually think that in the 12 years under Abramovich Chelsea haven't made numerous attempts to purchase world-class talent? You can't be serious. The club/Roman had/have such great ambitions. Plans to take over the world.

we have purchsed world class talent though, and as for world class players there are not many and most are/were unrealistic for anyone to sign

I'm not turning back on him - but Varane is what we need and Reus is nearly as good as Hazard. If he wants to leave all I'm saying is that it won't be the end of the world.

Just a question, did you always believe Hazard was dispensable, or you started to fell that way because Mourinho dropped him?

Don't get me wrong, but most people here saying Hazard just can go, are the same fiercely supporting Mourinho in the other topic.

Only for more than Bale. Hazard cost a lot of money to begin with and if he doesn't sell for at least Bale's cost than the club have been played like fools. If Tottenham can milk the money, Cheslea should be able too.

As for the aforementioned swap of Hazard and Bale, I'd want 'January to August 2013' Bale, not this current clown that is decent for Real Madrid.

Bale's record for Madrid is far from clownish.