Eden Hazard

the wes

If Mourinho leaves him on the bench against Dynamo Kiev as well that will just piss me off. Yeah, Mourinho might not be pleased with his defensive work or whatever but he is our best player and the majority of our team have been piss poor. If Mourinho continues to do this it is going to kick us in the teeth.

Hazard could leave. He'll get tired of defending eventually, but he isn't providing enough in the attack this season to claim that right to not defend much.

On one hand, it feels like Mourinho is holding Hazard back from reaching the next level by asking him to constantly defend but on the other hand, when you see what players like Sanchez are doing, you can perhaps see why Mourinho said what he said.

Funny that Hazard gets sacrificed for not defending as a winger, but Fabregas gets nothing of the sort as a central midfielder and he's been arguably much worse. Sometimes I really don't get Mourinho. I don't think the majority of conceded goals were Eden's fault. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On one hand, it feels like Mourinho is holding Hazard back from reaching the next level by asking him to constantly defend but on the other hand, when you see what players like Sanchez are doing, you can perhaps see why Mourinho said what he said.

Sanchez has an engine on him I don't see Hazard having though.

Interesting that despite his indifference in form, he still is joint top in the most created chances from open play. As I have said before, I don't think he has been awful as people make out. He just seems too passive at times and chooses to come to life when he feels to but there have been several games this season where he has took on responsbility. Swansea second half, he was fantastic. WBA, second half, his ball retention was top class and constantly won us fouls which was key in us getting the win despite being down to 10 men. Arsenal he was excellent. Newcastle had a poor first half but second half stepped up. No way near as good as last season but not as poor as people make out. Just want him performing on a constant basis.

mesut-ozil-stats-arsenal_3364218.jpg?201

2 more assists today....

Sanchez has the attacking workrate I wish hazard has. He doesn't defend in the 18box but when arsenal are attacking, I see Sanchez everywhere making runs, asking for the ball, making passes, all energy but hazard relaxes and waits for the ball to land on his feet most of the time before he moves a lot of the time.

If hazard has that attacking workrate like Sanchez and ronaldo, Mourinho wouldn't dare tell him to follow the fullback to the 18box.

Sanchez has the attacking workrate I wish hazard has. He doesn't defend in the 18box but when arsenal are attacking, I see Sanchez everywhere making runs, asking for the ball, making passes, all energy but hazard relaxes and waits for the ball to land on his feet most of the time before he moves a lot of the time.

If hazard has that attacking workrate like Sanchez and ronaldo, Mourinho wouldn't dare tell him to follow the fullback to the 18box.

Hazard can't be like Messi, like Ronaldo and like Sanchez. It's impossible. Hazard will never have an engine like and the drive of Sanchez, that's where Sanchez's strength lies. It's the same as saying Sanchez should be capable of ghosting past players in the tightest areas, create chances at will and possess the same calm and vision as Hazard. He can't do those things.

Hazard is in the Silva, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo bracket in terms of style and role within a team.

That "come my way" line is eerily similar to what he said when he first dropped Mata.

I think Hazard's time is limited here if Mourinho isn't sacked.

Then it's Romans duty to take care of this, no player is bigger then the club, but no manager either! Roman wanted attacking football with a lot of youth, were still waiting..

Then it's Romans duty to take care of this, no player is bigger then the club, but no manager either! Roman wanted attacking football with a lot of youth, were still waiting..

I think Jose has talked Roman into a corner on the "This is an important moment in the history of this club" line though.

South Americans are different beasts (Cavani, Tevez, Aguero, Suarez, etc). Hazard just doesn't have it in his game to that extent.

South Americans are different beasts (Cavani, Tevez, Aguero, Suarez, etc). Hazard just doesn't have it in his game to that extent.

I am happy we have a manager that has the balls to bench his star player.

Carlo when asked about a disagreement between Bale and Ronaldo on who takes the freekicks answered: " Ronaldo is the boss, if he wants to give the freekick to Bale, Bale can take it."

Do you want a manager that has no balls to punish their star player, even when they are under performing or acts like the king?

This worked before after the Atletico game.

And don't tell me about the love story between Ivanovic and Jose. If we got Stones/Marquinhos back in August/or kept Filipe, he'd have benched Ivanovic already. Baba is just not ready yet.

Same goes for Cesc, no decent replacement for him. Remove him from our team and we will struggle to create even more.

Every other player has been punished: JT, Cahill, Matic, Eden, Falcao (not selected twice), Oscar. There are no untouchables, the problem is quality depth.

And no, an alpha does not run away from his responsibilities and problems. A beta does.