Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard didn't carry us to the title last season. It was the team. The team has to play well before Hazard plays well.

That's all I'm going to say to you though. I'm not going to waste my time with you after what happened between me and you before.

BS. Last season the team played poorly in the second part of the season. Hazard stepped up. If he hadn't stepped up the way he did we simply wouldn't have won the PL.

This is getting ridiculous. He's in poor form atm but some people here sure like to rewrite history.

Claiming he can't lead a team in difficult times even though he did it last season.

This is why Arsenal fans were angry about Hazard getting PFA Player of the Year last season instead of Alexis. I seriously think Chelsea winning the title and Arsenal finishing 3rd over 10 points behind us overshadowed Sanchez.

Hazard's work rate isn't comparable to Alexis Sanchez's work rate. Alexis works incredibly hard, even though Arsenal are shite. Hazard goes missing, and if the whole team is shite, he'll be shite too.

This season is even more clear as day.

Hazard was more consistently good than Sanchez last season though Sanchez had his moments. This season is indeed a whole other story. Players arent static units, they change every day, every year, every situation etc... Thats why most of the 'this one is better than that one'-comparisons' are often just a waste of time.

I don't think Eden is a player that goes down with the team. He never did that. Eden however, is very much an ambiance player. (However this translates). He plays well where he feels good. Its the chill kind of guy he is. If the context is ok, which mostly is the manager responsability., he performs. He had that with Lille, it was the case with his underperforming in the NT with Leekens, etc. I am repeating myself, If a player like him doesnt feel it anymore he switches off. He is not alone btw, even JT and 90% of our team. I said a while ago Mou had had a toxic leadership style. Good for the short term, but it burns up quite fast. All the scientific data supports this fact. His motivational reward/punish thing:

https://youtu.be/MbVMIX-VKZQ

Also, i think the problem of controlled motivation has entered our dressing room. I could post a link, but nobody would bother and they will just post an opinion.

We are in a toxic situation, Mou's response will be to be even more directive/authoritarian , the players will respond with fear, less initiative, less proactivity.

This is exactly what is happening to Eden right now. Feel free to disbelieve.

I don't think Eden is a player that goes down with the team. He never did that. Eden however, is very much an ambiance player. (However this translates). He plays well where he feels good. Its the chill kind of guy he is. If the context is ok, which mostly is the manager responsability., he performs. He had that with Lille, it was the case with his underperforming in the NT with Leekens, etc. I am repeating myself, If a player like him doesnt feel it anymore he switches off. He is not alone btw, even JT and 90% of our team. I said a while ago Mou had had a toxic leadership style. Good for the short term, but it burns up quite fast. All the scientific data supports this fact. His motivational reward/punish thing:

https://youtu.be/MbVMIX-VKZQ

Also, i think the problem of controlled motivation has entered our dressing room. I could post a link, but nobody would bother and they will just post an opinion.

We are in a toxic situation, Mou's response will be to be even more directive/authoritarian , the players will respond with fear, less initiative, less proactivity.

This is exactly what is happening to Eden right now. Feel free to disbelieve.

Did I miss something or is that youtube video you linked completely off topic? :D

what exactly from his post was ... on topic?!

Either Eden is his most personal friend or he's full of it.

Thanks for the ad hominem. Ill put it in bullets so you have enough attention span to figure it out.

1. Its about Eden

2. Its about his drop in form

3. My argument was that I think he doesn't perform when the athmosphere is bad.

4. I also think this is because Mou has a certain motivational style. Its called controlled motivation in psychology but i cannot expect you to figure that out ofc. Try this out for a start: https://brainmass.com/file/1346222/Gagne+and+Deci+Self-determinationTheory%5b1%5d.pdf

Now, which part was exactly of topic? Or am I just full of it?

Thanks for the ad hominem. Ill put it in bullets so you have enough attention span to figure it out.

1. Its about Eden

2. Its about his drop in form

3. My argument was that I think he doesn't perform when the athmosphere is bad.

4. I also think this is because Mou has a certain motivational style. Its called controlled motivation in psychology but i cannot expect you to figure that out ofc. Try this out for a start: .pdf]https://brainmass.com/file/1346222/Gagne+and+Deci+Self-determinationTheory[1].pdf

Now, which part was exactly of topic? Or am I just full of it?

The latter - but you did ask.

Yeah we simpletons have never heard of motivational managers even though Scolari was doing that same in the nineties - yes he was managing the team I support in Brazil and I was old enough to be cognizant of what he was doing.

Gosh this is football not theoretical Physics or philosophy - yes there is some nuance in the game but the skillful pacey tall guy always wins.

The latter - but you did ask.

Yeah we simpletons have never heard of motivational managers even though Scolari was doing that same in the nineties - yes he was managing the team I support in Brazil and I was old enough to be cognizant of what he was doing.

Gosh this is football not theoretical Physics or philosophy - yes there is some nuance in the game but the skillful pacey tall guy always wins.

Yet most still stick with 'he plays like shit, bench him' routine. Excuse me for asking the why question. If you think that's too high brow, it isn't the ipad but your brain that runs like a dog.

9c2fe63be171ddf51c262d78f83f9cc1.jpg

Yet most still stick with 'he plays like shit, bench him' routine. Excuse me for asking the why question. If you think that's too high brow, it isn't the ipad but your brain that runs like a dog.

9c2fe63be171ddf51c262d78f83f9cc1.jpg

Very hard evidence (the only one that matters) says my brain works just fine thank you. :)

Well, even though you add a bit more flourishing to your posts, you are also sticking with another common routine around here: "either you agree with me or you are too dumb to understand my point."

Perhaps we are merely disagreeing with each other; and I still think you are overanalyzing this.

Why?! because Hazard's best asset is his dribbling, which is one of the least team-reliant skill in the game. What I see is that he's simply not beating his marker as well as before, nor is he clearing enough distance from his marker once he does. He's also going to the ground more often and more easily than before.

So, in my personal opinion, this is down to fitness.

Finally, I believe the overall poor fitness of the players is making a good (not great) team (not squad) look really bad at the moment.

Very hard evidence (the only one that matters) says my brain works just fine thank you. :)

Well, even though you add a bit more flourishing to your posts, you are sticking with another common routine around here: "either you agree with me or you are too dumb to understand my point."

Perhaps we are merely disagreeing with each other; and I still think you are overanalyzing this.

Why?! because Hazard's best asset is his dribbling, which is one of the least team-reliant skill in the game. What I see is that he's simply not beating his marker as well as before, nor is he clearing enough distance from his marker once he does. He's also going to the ground more often and more easily than before.

Therefore, in my personal opinion, this is down to fitness.

Finally, I believe the overall poor fitness of the players is making a good (not great) team (not squad) look really bad at the moment.

Actually no, i gave a line of reasoning, you just said I was full of it - which is a variation on the 'you are too dumb to understand my post'. Pot, kettle, black.

I do think you hugely underestimate the mental and motivational aspect on players performance. I do have the evidence base to back that up (please try me on that one if you think i'm full of it).

Ps: do not refer to 90's trainers going the motivational way. The best research and development on motivation is quite recent. In the 90's people just referred to Maslow (who himself admitted his theory was wrong) or to behaviorism (which dates from the 50's). We do know more now. This was the intention of my input.

Ps2: so its just fitness for you? Now that is being truly reductionist in my account. Too simple mate. What about all the others in the team? What about the collective form breakdown? All fitness? Guess it's the team just drinks too much or something.

10d17fc88420cfd24ee70054700c5b42.jpg

Simply put, he isn't right in the head right now, be it because of complacency, lack of balls, bad atmosphere at the club, whatever..... maybe he's also not fit, but surely half the team isn't right in the head, never thought that was in doubt.

Actually no, i gave a line of reasoning, you just said I was full of it - which is a variation on the 'you are too dumb to understand my post'. Pot, kettle, black.

I do think you hugely underestimate the mental and motivational aspect on players performance. I do have the evidence base to back that up (please try me on that one if you think i'm full of it).

Ps: do not refer to 90's trainers going the motivational way. The best research and development on motivation is quite recent. In the 90's people just referred to Maslow (who himself admitted his theory was wrong) or to behaviorism (which dates from the 50's). We do know more now. This was the intention of my input.

Ps2: so its just fitness for you? Now that is being truly reductionist in my account. Too simple mate. What about all the others in the team? What about the collective form breakdown? All fitness? Guess it's the team just drinks too much or something. 10d17fc88420cfd24ee70054700c5b42.jpg

Fair enough and yet another common routine, incidentally mostly from Belgium supporters, is to look for somewhat external factors to explain hazards poor form.

Motivation and confidence are linked with fitness - hard to be confident if you lose every 50/50 ball...Hard NOT to gain confidence if you are stronger, faster, and win every dispute esp when you already possess the complementary technique like hazard does.

Slumping after winning silverware is a very common tale - we are just taking it to a whole new level.

Btw, "you are full of it" merely says that I completely disagree with what you just wrote no more no less. I am not representing the truth just my opinion.

Simply put, he isn't right in the head right now, be it because of complacency, lack of balls, bad atmosphere at the club, whatever..... maybe he's also not fit, but surely half the team isn't right in the head, never thought that was in doubt.

Exactly, and that is the interesting point. What is it that makes him and many others have a bag of kryptonite in their pants. [emoji106]