test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

24,597 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Vesper said:

wasn't directed at you bruv:wub:

We got wayyy too drunk last night, posting and single malt was a bad mix

I know that ya nutter!

That's my fave trick! Always had my Mrs to tell me to keep offline when I got like that cause I know I can get carried away and my sense of humor can get on the more sarcastic side. Now Ive got to tell myself to get off and I don't listen to myself!

Vesper likes this

15 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Terrible today

Agreed.

You look to your "best" players for leadership, not to go down "injured". All we needed was him to sub himself off again, and we'd be back in 2015. 

I'm not singling him out, but he has no real backbone. No leadership skills. He is a luxury player and I wouldn't be upset about him going to Madrid for big money. 

Unionjack and OneMoSalah like this

21 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He should have demanded to leave last season after the World Cup. Its obvious to anyone we are a fading club. What did he expect/hope to achieve this year other than battling for 4th ?

Sad as it might be to say for the sake of his career Hazard should have handed in a transfer request. Cristiano Ronaldo, Suarez, Coutinho, Gareth Bale all handed in transfer requests and they were all playing for teams in a better position than Chelsea is in now. All were also younger than Hazard is now.

All the attempts to not "leave the club in the wrong way" and all this stuff has nothing to do with the real world.

At the end of the day football like any other sport is a business and the career of a professional football unlike most other careers is very short. Anyway, I expect him to be gone by the end of the season. No one can then criticize him for 6-0 defeats away from home surrounded by Alonso, Barkley, Pedro and a 30 something past peak striker. It's been 7 years and we still can't assemble a world class squad to help this man. Look at what De Bruyne has at City to what Hazard has and has had at Chelsea.

We'll know how good we are in this Premier League when he isnt here next year.

Well he might as well not had been here yesterday!

22 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He should have demanded to leave last season after the World Cup. Its obvious to anyone we are a fading club. What did he expect/hope to achieve this year other than battling for 4th ?

Sad as it might be to say for the sake of his career Hazard should have handed in a transfer request. Cristiano Ronaldo, Suarez, Coutinho, Gareth Bale all handed in transfer requests and they were all playing for teams in a better position than Chelsea is in now. All were also younger than Hazard is now.

All the attempts to not "leave the club in the wrong way" and all this stuff has nothing to do with the real world.

At the end of the day football like any other sport is a business and the career of a professional football unlike most other careers is very short. Anyway, I expect him to be gone by the end of the season. No one can then criticize him for 6-0 defeats away from home surrounded by Alonso, Barkley, Pedro and a 30 something past peak striker. It's been 7 years and we still can't assemble a world class squad to help this man. Look at what De Bruyne has at City to what Hazard has and has had at Chelsea.

Well said. Hazard has been poor for long periods of this season IMO, but what do you expect with the dross surrounded by him.

And you do know Aguero is 30 right? And still at his prime? It's nothing to do with age. It's how 'past it' they are. Higuain is not at his prime anymore, that's the difference.

I keep reading we should sell him and then build a better team with that money.

Should he leave, we would have to bring players like Koulibaly, Coutinho/Fekir, Pepe and Chilwell to improve "as a team". And I didnt even mention a striker.

Anyone who thinks we will be anywhere near good with just straight Isco/Coutinho/xyz for Hazard doesnt know a thing about football. Thats downright midtable if we do only that.

Like Hazard or not, he is still the best PL player three quarters of every season. He has indeed shit games too, but caries us in majority. There isnt a single player that could do that in straight swap. Not anyone that is available to us. So we would definately need a couple of top players.

But obviously we wont get that much for Hazard and we wont invest that much to bring 4 quality players. We are pretty much fucked. 

Wouldnt worry if we had DoF who would sort it over 2 or 3 windows, but with current board I expect some quick fixes who will turn into overpriced flops. 

Vesper and Supermonkey92 like this

On 2/12/2019 at 4:33 AM, BlueLyon said:

I keep reading we should sell him and then build a better team with that money.

Pointless selling him for the pittance we would get for hm now. Cant see us getting over £50m for him.

IF he had any loyalty for us he would sign a new contract with some clause and an a fair RM buy price set. But of course that would considerably lessen the chances of them wanting him and he wouldn't want that would he?

Instead of looking at Bales house him and his family shoould just move in with the big nosed snake.

Eden Hazard set to buy Gareth Bale’s house in Madrid, Chelsea enter race for Blancos and Barcelona target: Real Madrid transfer news, February 14, 2019

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/real-madrid-transfer-news-february-14-2019

Robchels likes this

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

IF he had any loyalty for us he would sign a new contract with some clause and an a fair RM buy price set.

What a load of BS. 

He wanted out last summer, we said no, when he had 2 years left on his contract. 

You can't then turn around a year later and demand he sign a new contract to give us a better position. The club knew when they made that decision his contract would only have a year left in the summer. 

If we wanted the maximum we should have sold last summer. Our position is on the club not Hazard.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:37 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

Why do you & others keep bringing up clubs that are breaking FFP (pointless or not) right, left & center with little to no repercussions?

The entire structure of the club is a utter mess with little indication of change on the horizon, so we need get used to our current predicament as things stand. 

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

What a load of BS. 

He wanted out last summer, we said no, when he had 2 years left on his contract. 

You can't then turn around a year later and demand he sign a new contract to give us a better position. The club knew when they made that decision his contract would only have a year left in the summer. 

If we wanted the maximum we should have sold last summer. Our position is on the club not Hazard.

Him wanting out and the club actually receiving offers are two different things.

He's a back up option for Madrid

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Him wanting out and the club actually receiving offers are two different things.

He's a back up option for Madrid

We made it clear we didn't want to sell him at all. Hazard stated in an interview he wanted out and we told him we weren't gonna let him go.  Matt Law pretty much said something similar that we weren't gonna let him leave for any money.

And even if we were willing to sell him, apart from PSG, who are essentially run by a group of rich oil sheiks, no club in the world would have been able to afford what we would have asked for Hazard.

The fact we're still looking for a 100 million when he will only have a year on his contract says a lot about how much money we would have wanted in the summer when he still had 2 years left. 

Also by your logic of "no bids made so no interest" Real Madrid also haven't made a bid for Neymar either... 

Why would a club make an offer if they know it's just gonna get rejected anyway ? 

We made it clear we didn't want to sell him at all. Hazard stated in an interview he wanted out and we told him we weren't gonna let him go.  Matt Law pretty much said something similar that we weren't gonna let him leave for any money.

And even if we were willing to sell him, apart from PSG, who are essentially run by a group of rich oil sheiks, no club in the world would have been able to afford what we would have asked for Hazard.

The fact we're still looking for a 100 million when he will only have a year on his contract says a lot about how much money we would have wanted in the summer when he still had 2 years left. 

Also by your logic of "no bids made so no interest" Real Madrid also haven't made a bid for Neymar either... 

We can want all we like, it doesn't mean we will get it. A swap deal is probably the best we can hope for.

PSG are the bigger fish when it comes to transfers. Real Madrid's interest in their top two stars is an open secret.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

We can want all we like, it doesn't we will get it.

PSG are the bigger fish when it comes to transfers. Real Madrid's interest in their top two stars is an open secret.

Sure i don't expect us to get a 100 million. 

With only a year left and Hazard making it clear he wants to go to Real Madrid our position is very weak.

Real madrid's interest in them has been mainly media rumours. Similar to the rumours that Hazard's on their transferlist. 

And no bids have been made for any of them. Again your logic of "no bids , no interest" is flawed imo. 

18 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

What a load of BS. 

WTF??

He is mostly only here in body and his head and heart is here when Eden wants them to be here sadly.

I'm not saying anything about him wanting to leave 2 years ago, he did -- I  know it was the boards fault for not capitalizing on his value back then. Our board has a lot to answer for.

But I do also realize that Edens value to us is not a black and white answer.He is of value to us in more ways than purely playing. And it is those values that make me want Eden to stay.

But that doesn't mean my initial thought of him to sign the contract with the RM clause make it not a good idea - FOR US.

kc_blue likes this