Eden Hazard

the wes

Eden was called the "worst player on the pitch" by Wilmots yet won the match for Belgium. Even Wilmots is being effected by the negativity of the forum

Let me tell you this...

Imagine a striker who simply sits down the oppositions 16yard box the whole game (literally sitting down)! Maybe he has a deck of cards to play solitaire, maybe not.

He's been called of side 14 times... You could say his contribution to the team is really bad!

In the 84th minute he decides to finally get up. On a counter attack he was in position in the 16 yard box and scores the 0-1.

=> this guy would become the game winner for many fans! But in fact a part from scoring that goal, he did nothing at all.

Do you understand what I want to say? Hazard was the 'game winner' but in fact played a very bad game considering his abilities.

ps: I'm sure still 40% here will read Hazard was sitting in the grass playing Solitaire in Cyprus! Please don't bother answering :)

I just read De Bruyne earns significantly more money than Hazard. That can't be true can it? Hazard must have the worst agent in football if that's the case.

Rumored he sacked his agent. Hazard is definitely top 5 most marketable players in the world, he should be on 250-275 pounds a week. The fact that his wages only went up from a 175 to 200 really is a joke.

Rumored he sacked his agent. Hazard is definitely top 5 most marketable players in the world, he should be on 250-275 pounds a week. The fact that his wages only went up from a 175 to 200 really is a joke.

Exactly. He should be getting paid just below Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar. The club really lowballed him with that contract.

Money is a sign of appreciation!
I don't know what the likes of David Silva or Aguero are getting, but Hazard should be on level with the top guys in the league.
I am sure that Hazard will get an increase in the next years.

There are bigger problems at the moment...

Thank fuck that the international matches are over, at least for now.

£200k a week. i don't care how good you are, if that does not satisfy you, you are greedy.

a bit crazy that giving someone £1m every 5 weeks for playing a sport, can be a "joke" , as in, that its not enough

That's not how football or life works though. If you work some office job and you find out someone less productive than you, doing the same job, makes a lot more money than you, you're not doing something right (if you care). It doesn't matter if your salary is more than enough to live comfortably.

The job of a footballer is not that special to deserve such ludicrous amounts of money, but we, the football fans, are the reason they make so much money. There's a colossal pot of money in football and everyone should get what they deserve based on their contribution.

Not that I care about matters like this though. And for all we know, Hazard might be earning more money in the form of bonuses and all kinds special and clever clauses. You can't just stare at wages.

If Hazard truly doesn't care, he's a rarity. Not having a big shot agent plays a large role as well.

£200k a week. i don't care how good you are, if that does not satisfy you, you are greedy.

a bit crazy that giving someone £1m every 5 weeks for playing a sport, can be a "joke" , as in, that its not enough

Of-course its a ridicules amount of money for anyone especially for someone in a sporting profession, but its a joke relative to other footballers today.

That's not how football or life works though. If you work some office job and you find out someone less productive than you, doing the same job, makes a lot more money than you, you're not doing something right (if you care). It doesn't matter if your salary is more than enough to live comfortably.

The job of a footballer is not that special to deserve such ludicrous amounts of money, but we, the football fans, are the reason they make so much money. There's a colossal pot of money in football and everyone should get what they deserve based on their contribution.

Not that I care about matters like this though. And for all we know, Hazard might be earning more money in the form of bonuses and all kinds special and clever clauses. You can't just stare at wages.

If Hazard truly doesn't care, he's a rarity. Not having a big shot agent plays a large role as well.

less productive? messi ronaldo and neymar are miles more productive. the lad needs to stop screwing up these arsenal and man city chances, if he wants a raise. for now he will have to settle for two hundred thousand pounds every 7 days.

less productive? messi ronaldo and neymar are miles more productive. the lad needs to stop screwing up these arsenal and man city chances, if he wants a raise. for now he will have to settle for two hundred thousand pounds every 7 days.

Who is talking about Messi and Ronaldo?

And productivity goes further than goals and assists.

Who is talking about Messi and Ronaldo?

And productivity goes further than goals and assists.

They were the ones mentioned at the top of the page. And anyway , we have a far more reasonable wage structure , to city madrid , psg ect. So we aren't going to be giving out 350k or anything. 200k is more than enough.

Lol, if he handed in a transfer request tomorrow all the big guns would be willing the break the bank.

Find it quite funny with this whole criticism like Hazard is not the only player in this club (maybe Thibaut) that you put on sale and ALL the biggest clubs are after him. Let the other clubs deal with his "unproductivity", right ?

How would you criticize Hazard if you can't drop him anyway ? He's the sole creative outlet in any sort of the big game, one man attacking force. There's lots of players that are can be discussed and be potentially dropped not Hazard. He was dropped from the game ONCE and it was against Schalke after he forgot his passport at Lille and wasn't at training in time.

About his wages, it has little to no sense adding that for normal human being he has no right to complain. Well, Jamal Blackman has no right to complain for a normal person I'm sure even not full-age kids have no right to complain but as curiosity to discuss, if you include his world-class abilities, value to the team, undroppable status, outstanding injury record, enjoyable style of play, awards he's collecting, him being the sole attacking force and creative hope in bigger games and being by far the most potential marketable player in the squad with still young age and potential upside, Hazard with Mino Raila as an agent should get 350k a week and be the best paid player in the league.

Top 5 is a stretch....

Top 5 in Epl definitely.

(Aguero, silva, yaya, hazard, Sanchez)

Hazard at his best is top 8 in the world. But he's not consistent enough to maintain that level or consistently score/assist while the whole team is playing shit like he finally did recently for Belgium.

The only thing Hazard has done wrong was not be born ten years earlier, if he came along in the 00s he would have been universally adored and appreciated.

Pre Messi/Ronaldo could you imagine anyone critisising a winger who regularly and consistently hits the late teens in the scoring, creates an unreal amount of chances for teammates and often carries his club for not doing enough?

eden hazard won POTY for Chelsea and EPL last season.

Young POTY the season before that and EPL team of the year every season so far.

EDEN is universally adored and appreciated, I have no clue where you guys get this nonsense that Eden isn't

Neither silva nor Aguero won poty and silva only has one EPL team of the season while aguero has 0..... It's complete nonsense to think that hazard is being underappreciated. Hazard scored 19 goals last season, with 6 being pks (6/8)......