Eden Hazard

the wes

Will he even get a break?

They play Bosnia on thursday in Belgium, then on the weekend they go all the way to cyprus to play.

Few tricky fixtures there, didn't realise. Perhaps some time away from the club over the next week and a bit will do some good for all the players, especially with the negative press and atmosphere at the moment.

let's hope he feigns injury to stay away from these superfluous internationals. who needs this shit anyways? belgium will qualify and hazard will lead them at the euro. end of story. no need to play some meaningless games against kasachsatan, azerbaijan, moldova, gibraltar and other joke football countries.

His lack of enthusiasm is most certainly tied to the complete and utter bollox that surrounds team selection and training

I really don't blame the guy - has attacking skills in abundance and his first priority is defending.

No his first priority should be attacking and his second priority is team defending.

He needs to stay higher up the pitch.

Stick this lad in City, Real, Barca or Bayern and he'd rip defences apart.

At Chelsea he is muzzled and on a leash. Why!?! Because of Jose Mourinho and his fucking desire to defend a one goal lead.

He stopped running at defenders almost completely. Like he's afraid of dribbling. Dafuq!?

Please come back Eden!

This is the plain truth.

Nothing like this excuse of he's been forced to defend because it's a lie. He just doesn't want to dribble anymore, Willian has infected him.

I would say rest him, put in Kenedy and Oscar.

Pedro - RW

Oscar - CAM

Kenedy - LW

Give Hazard a couple games rest.

I agree with this. Now is the time to give chances to the squad players/youth when our stars are underperfoming massively.

On a sidenote, we need to start playing proper attacking football soon with more players committed to attack throughout the game. There are around dozen teams in Europe right now where Hazard could shine and perform on another level simply because their football is all about the attack. Eden is going to leave Chelsea if he has too keep playing in a clueless attacking side like ours. I have never seen such a static attacking play as Chelsea's in the beginning of this season.

However, I think Pedro, Oscar and Hazard have the potential to play amazing football together but they need the midfielders and more importantly the full-backs to give them more width and options in attack. Then Costa wouldn't need to drift to the winger positions and leaving the box empty of Chelsea attackers.

I agree with this. Now is the time to give chances to the squad players/youth when our stars are underperfoming massively.

On a sidenote, we need to start playing proper attacking football soon with more players committed to attack throughout the game. There are around dozen teams in Europe right now where Hazard could shine and perform on another level simply because their football is all about the attack. Eden is going to leave Chelsea if he has too keep playing in a clueless attacking side like ours. I have never seen such a static attacking play as Chelsea's in the beginning of this season.

However, I think Pedro, Oscar and Hazard have the potential to play amazing football together but they need the midfielders and more importantly the full-backs to give them more width and options in attack. Then Costa wouldn't need to drift to the winger positions and leaving the box empty of Chelsea attackers.

He needs to let the fullbacks go forward consistently. And they should be cutting back crosses for shots from the edge of the box or crossing between the keeper and defenders for Costa or Falcao.

When I see the relationship between sterling and kolarov, Ronaldo and marcelo, robben and lahm, ribery and alaba I cringe at why we don't do ours too. Every team does it except us.

Each time I see the map of Chelsea's average positions, we're cramped in the middle because we have no wingplay combination. The irony is its easier to create from wings than the middle as long as you play with high-tempo.

He needs to let the fullbacks go forward consistently. And they should be cutting back crosses for shots from the edge of the box or crossing between the keeper and defenders for Costa or Falcao.

When I see the relationship between sterling and kolarov, Ronaldo and marcelo, robben and lahm, ribery and alaba I cringe at why we don't do ours too. Every team does it except us.

Each time I see the map of Chelsea's average positions, we're cramped in the middle because we have no wingplay combination. The irony is its easier to create from wings than the middle as long as you play with high-tempo.

Have you not seen Ivanovic's 'lemme hit the first defender' crosses?

Then we have an inverted RB at LB which doesn't help our wing-play at all. Azpi actually has decent crosses in him, but as long as he's forced to play LB, i can't/won't blame him. Another reason i want Baba to be trusted and starting as soon as Everton away.

Let's get a natural Left-footed LB to hopefully form a partnership with Hazard on the left. Please Jose!

Have you not seen Ivanovic's 'lemme hit the first defender' crosses?

Then we have an inverted RB at LB which doesn't help our wing-play at all. Azpi actually has decent crosses in him, but as long as he's forced to play LB, i can't/won't blame him. Another reason i want Baba to be trusted and starting as soon as Everton away.

Let's get a natural Left-footed LB to hopefully form a partnership with Hazard on the left. Please Jose!

But thing is that if we do not play Azpi as a LB, we cannot have Terry as the left centreback because he would get exposed. And if we don't have Terry on the field, we "need" to have Ivanovic who happens to be the vice captain...It's going to be a tough transition period at Chelsea's defence department this season.

We should have gone for Otamendi.

But thing is that if we do not play Azpi as a LB, we cannot have Terry as the left centreback because he would get exposed. And if we don't have Terry on the field, we "need" to have Ivanovic who happens to be the vice captain...It's going to be a tough transition period at Chelsea's defence department this season.

I dont understand this aspect of Azpilicueta being told to stay back to protect terry, if Azpilicueta is forced to stay back because of terry, then it's a hindrance to hazard, our attacking approach as a whole.

At the end of the season, Terry should be 36. There is no team playing champions League that uses a defender this old.

He should still be good enough to defend one on one like we used to have with Carvalho or he's not good enough for our level.

We have been complaining of our pressing, and we can never accomplish it if the defenders are too deep. Everyone must press together, everyone must attack together and defend together. United.

We can't tell hazard to track back and not let Azpilicueta support him consistently, that won't help the teamplay.

I think that's why we were after Stones. To help usher the new CB partnership for years to come.

I've honestly stopped trying to figure out if JM tells Azpi to stay back and cover for JT. Some games i see Azpi never cross the half-way line, other games he ventures out to join the attack. Think it depends on opposition.

But like @KellzFresh said the main problem is our pressing. We're no longer doing it effectively. Idk how, but JM and this coaching staff was able to get our front 4 attackers to press effectively at times while maintaining a low block. It workd for a little while but not anymore.

The lack of athletic, pacy defenders, who can play a high-line, to help compressthe the midfield HAS to be addressed.

I can't believe people are blaming the likes of Hazard and Matic in this current crop of bad form. Are we watching the same games?

I've never seen Hazard play deeper than he has in these first 4 games. Want to know the reason? Cesc... Can't hold onto the ball, make a pass, or put in a tackle. Dude looks spent out there trying to win the ball back half the time, then he is having to come all the way back to help get the ball forward, which wouldn't be a problem if Cesc could do his job. He is still the one drawing all the defenders and opening the games up for us. He is still the one that is making plays happen when we need it, but simply hasn't finished them this time around.

We need to sort out our right side (Cesc and Ivanovic) and the rest of the game will flow a lot nicer. No point blaming everyone when some players are trying to do the job of two players, which is the case for both Matic and Hazard. In Matic's case, it is probably more, since he was already doing the job of two players prior to the drop in form from everyone.