test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

So over this guy openly discussing his future with the media. Won’t be bothered if he pisses off. Would rather players that actually want to be here.

Johnnyeye and Robguima like this

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

So over this guy openly discussing his future with the media. Won’t be bothered if he pisses off. Would rather players that actually want to be here.

Yeah, discusting how the possibility exists that he returns to Lille when he is 33. Bury him!

Johnnyeye and yuvala like this

9 hours ago, jernej93 said:

IMG_20181129_112309.png

That looks bad. I didn't realize how bad it was, morata is not good for this team at all

22 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

That looks bad. I didn't realize how bad it was, morata is not good for this team at all

These are one of those really bad statistics which imply causality when there isn't really much correlation.

Perhaps Morata being the chosen striker plays against far strong opposition and/or different conditions (starting vs coming off the bench)?

Now, if hazard prefers and does better with Giroud, then it is something the manager has to consider.

On the other hand, Morata could argue that he does not receive enough crosses or passes into the box in a timely matter, that all our wingers cut inside and go for the goal or look for slow build up. There have been discussions around that.

Johnnyeye likes this

On 29.11.2018 at 11:23 AM, jernej93 said:

IMG_20181129_112309.png

Does not surprise me. Always loved Giroud as a players always plays for the team. The Goals he scores now are just a nice bonus. Hazard surely will eat his words i remember him stating that he was not happy about signing a siege tower striker initially.

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

These are one of those really bad statistics which imply causality when there isn't really much correlation.

Perhaps Morata being the chosen striker plays against far strong opposition and/or different conditions (starting vs coming off the bench)?

Now, if hazard prefers and does better with Giroud, then it is something the manager has to consider.

On the other hand, Morata could argue that he does not receive enough crosses or passes into the box in a timely matter, that all our wingers cut inside and go for the goal or look for slow build up. There have been discussions around that.

I think that morata doesn't receive those passes because he is always offside, or losing the ball by falling to the ground everytime. It's infuriating for fans, just imagine how infuriating it is for the players. They cant trust him to keep the ball or pass it back, so why bother? 

Giroud is trustworthy and that is why he is located more with passes than Morata.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I think that morata doesn't receive those passes because he is always offside, or losing the ball by falling to the ground everytime. It's infuriating for fans, just imagine how infuriating it is for the players. They cant trust him to keep the ball or pass it back, so why bother? 

Giroud is trustworthy and that is why he is located more with passes than Morata.

Perhaps... because we need our striker to hold the ball, which might be a bigger problem actually. Then giroud is indeed the better option since he’s clearly better at that.

Giroud is slow as fuck while morata plays with a lot more pace. Morata needs early quick crosses and passes and none of our wingers, perhaps exception to CHO, does that.

kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

I think he's been under performing of late, not exempt for questioning among others.

On SSN this morning they said "If Eden Hazard is to reach the next level he may have to join Real Madrid"

I'm not buying this at all, I don;t think it has anything to do with the PL at all, I really honestly think he can't get any better than he is, and the 8th position at the Ballon D'or is exactly where he's at.

He just hasn't got the cutting edge, consistently, and for a sustained period to raise the bar. He's brilliant, but we rely too much on him and this comes to what I was saying earlier, there isn't enough quality around him to A) Shoulder the responsibility and B allow him to play to the maximum.

He's a class act, but when he wants to be.

DDA, kellzfresh, OneMoSalah and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's a class act, but when he wants to be

i guess thats Eden for you, not ambitious and ruthless enough

kellzfresh likes this

7 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i guess thats Eden for you, not ambitious and ruthless enough

yup that sums it up, which explains more than just his ups and downs, but also his lackluster CL performances.

I'm more interested in the whys personally. The "when he wants it" is a good explanation if taken as a byproduct of lack of ambition and ruthlessness. Because I don't think he wakes up in the morning before a big CL game and says, "just not feeling it today..."

So, my thinking is that his lack of ruthlessness and ambition also affects his form as in fitness. Were he a more dedicated player, both on the pitch as well as in practice, and he would've been a fitter player capable of withstanding contact a bit better. Perhaps then the game would open up a bit more to him with more time on the ball, making him more creative. He does struggle against physical opposition, and savvy managers (like Ranieri) will use that whenever possible.

He's what he is though, and it would still be great if he stayed.

Johnnyeye likes this

Real Madrid don't need Hazard they need to sign a top top striker the likes of Harry Kane or Icardi instead of Hazard the reason Hazard hasn't signed a new contract cause he's hoping Real Madrid go in for him if they don't I can see him signing a new contract at Chelsea

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Report: Real Madrid agree terms with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard ahead of next summer switch

https://sportslens.com/report-real-madrid-agree-terms-with-chelseas-eden-hazard-ahead-of-next-summer-switch/252338/

Really hope this is bollocks!:(

Tapping up lets hope it is more this....Eden Hazard: 'I don't want to say no to Chelsea, but...'https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1054515/Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-news-transfer-gossip-Real-Madrid

Vesper likes this

I don't want him making captain, I've thought about this and and I think it's time we got £150M for him and sent him packing. He can go to Madrid, have a love affair with his big nosed mate and collect his £400k a week there and go through the motions like he is here. The club have apparently laid the offer on the table and he's "Hanging around for Madrid's offer" Nah, sorry, I'd take it away from him, start developing CHO and go from there.

Thanks Eden, super player, top pro, but time to go now son.

bigbluewillie and BXL70 like this