test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

I feel Hazard will leave in the summer ... he's making the right noises and doing a balancing act so that no one turns against him. He must have taken a cue out of Courtois situation ... the way he acted and the response he received from the fans. I believe Hazard is smart enough to understand the situation, he will play for Real Madrid while achieving his dream and he could make a come back to the club when he is no longer in his prime. Chelsea gives any footballer the chance of competing at the highest level while staying in one of the best cities in the world. 

The current situation at Madrid is only helping Hazard and the club, because of which we wouldnt sell him below 200m. Dont get me wrong, I dont want Hazard to go but I feel it is going to be his one last shot at achieving his dream. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mana said:

No offense, but selling Hazard in January is ridiculous no matter how hard you slice it. We are chasing top 4, Hazard is the top scorer in the league at the moment, why do you want to f*** it up by selling him? And even if you want to, there are no decent replacements ready in January so we will be staring at Europa League for another season, especially when we have none scorers of Morata and Giroud.

There will be big games that Kante will be used as a traditional DMF. And yes, he's not doing anything extraordinary but I'd still rather keep him then going for players we may never get.

...if you have NO faith in the board to sort this out...

...why do you think the board will listen to your wishlist and get those replacements you wanted? The board will most likely cash in the profits they got with Kante and Hazard instead of getting solid replacements.

The January sales are probably unrealistic, especially if Asensio or some other massive replacement is not lined up at same time (which is only way I would do it). The comment was born out of frustration and probably ill-advised.

Do you really think the board would just bank the profits and not buy replacements? If so then we really are headed for a huge fall unless the team is sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Do you really think the board would just bank the profits and not buy replacements? If so then we really are headed for a huge fall unless the team is sold.

I'm not saying they would, but they are most likely and probably get one (maybe two if lucky) good players in. You just have to look at the near chaos last window.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not saying they would, but they are most likely and probably get one (maybe two if lucky) good players in. You just have to look at the near chaos last window.

Chaos that may likely occur again this coming summer and quite possibly the next too, especially if both Kante and CHO also refuse to renew. Hopefully Real makes no serious offer (they supposedly offered around £105m for a January transfer, which is a joke) and Eden renews. The club ownership situ is also more than likely to degrade as well.

I am really trying to just conentrate on this season and finishing top 4 and hopefully winning the EL too.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, whats happening said:

is it too much to ask from this board to start looking for hazard replacemants right now?

One would think, but people would rather go full ostrich and run with normalcy bias.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whats happening said:

is it too much to ask from this board to start looking for hazard replacemants right now?

Not their M.O. They are oblivious to the obvious until it happens and it's too late, then they panic. First we sell him, then Marina goes on holiday for 3 weeks, then for 2 weeks they consider targets and filter out the ones that make the most sense, then they lowball unrealistic targets for a few weeks and piss off the clubs, then they pay over the odds for some turd who will ride the bench and the Emoji-Man will be our main man.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if we sell him, since there's no direct replacement, do you spend on someone who is proven, or do you get someone with potential (like when we bought Eden)?

As of right now, if he leaves, we are looking at Willian, Pedro, and CHO next season.  Anyone brought in will be a roadblock to CHO (unless one of Pedro or Willian leaves, and yes, I know everyone says Willian out).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunt Martinez playing him 90 minutes in a friendly ffs 

e. Oops made a mistake apparently he was subbed out at half time. It's his brother on the pitch atm :D

DDA and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, manpe said:

Not their M.O. They are oblivious to the obvious until it happens and it's too late, then they panic. First we sell him, then Marina goes on holiday for 3 weeks, then for 2 weeks they consider targets and filter out the ones that make the most sense, then they lowball unrealistic targets for a few weeks and piss off the clubs, then they pay over the odds for some turd who will ride the bench and the Emoji-Man will be our main man.

Perfect summation. 

manpe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

So, if we sell him, since there's no direct replacement, do you spend on someone who is proven, or do you get someone with potential (like when we bought Eden)?

As of right now, if he leaves, we are looking at Willian, Pedro, and CHO next season.  Anyone brought in will be a roadblock to CHO (unless one of Pedro or Willian leaves, and yes, I know everyone says Willian out).

 

ATM we dont even know if CHO will renew. If Eden leaves in the summer will Sarri go from almost zero field time to starting him regularly? Seems a big ask, which is why he needs to play more now.

My 2 winger targets are the same. Chiesa and Bailey, and both cam pkay either wing, although both should play inverted, Chiesa at LW and Baikey at right.

Any talk of Willian staying on post Hazard and being our main winger is the stuff of pure capitulation by the club and a sure sign we are giving up all hopes of elite status. Same for Morata and Giroud at striker. Abraham is shit from all I have seen in a couple years of EPL play for him, and Bats is obviously not rated by the club either.

I am afraid the board will not take the loss on Morata that is surely coming if we sell him now. It seems to be their SOP. Sell the great ones for shit,  replace with massively overpriced shit, THEN go penny-pinch and either stick them in the loan army (and evwn failing there, see Bakayoko, Musonda, etc) or trot them out every week for repetitive fails, or just let them rot away in the stands and watch £70m go up in smoke (Drinkwater).

Horrid business, simply horrid, at both bottom fiscal line and footballing outcomes.

blues.bridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

ATM we dont even know if CHO will renew. If Eden leaves in the summer will Sarri go from almost zero field time to starting him regularly? Seems a big ask, which is why he needs to play more now.

My 2 winger targets are the same. Chiesa and Bailey, and both cam pkay either wing, although both should play inverted, Chiesa at LW and Baikey at right.

Any talk of Willian staying on post Hazard and being our main winger is the stuff of pure capitulation by the club and a sure sign we are giving up all hopes of elite status. Same for Morata and Giroud at striker. Abraham is shit from all I have seen in a couple years of EPL play for him, and Bats is obviously not rated by the club either.

I am afraid the board will not take the loss on Morata that is surely coming if we sell him now. It seems to be their SOP. Sell the great ones for shit,  replace with massively overpriced shit, THEN go penny-pinch and either stick them in the loan army (and evwn failing there, see Bakayoko, Musonda, etc) or trot them out every week for repetitive fails, or just let them rot away in the stands and watch £70m go up in smoke (Drinkwater).

Horrid business, simply horrid, at both bottom fiscal line and footballing outcomes.

This CHO contract situation is almost as bad as the Hazard situation.  At least, if Hazard doesn't renew, we'll get some decent money for him, we won't even get that with CHO.  

CHO is not going to be starting regularly next season, and as much as I want to see him in the team, I'm not sure he's ready for that yet (I agree, CHO needs to play more now).  

Edit:  I re-read, my last post, I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't think anyone should be brought in.  Just not a Sancho type of player.  They have to be 1st team ready.  CHO needs to play more now, and we can determine if that's him, I agree.

CHO should really be getting Moses' minutes, I hope this is a Moses-in-the-shop-window type situation.

Sarri certainly rates Chiesa, not sure what the club think about Bailey, and his dad/agent.  If they both come in, it certainly means that Willian is off as well (which is okay with me too).

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing that he is playing great. If we offer him new contract with at least 150mil pounds buy-option, he has no reason to complain and should sign it. That would be leaving club at "good terms", if that eventually happens. 150 millions is still a bargain for a player like that, in his prime years and in that kind of form.

Also, that way he will have time till the end of a season to decide whether he wants to go to Real drama Holywood f**kers, or play beautiful Sarriball and continue being second best player in the world here.

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.