test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Look at Courtios... Ain't all its cracked up to be. Plus at the moment be screwed without him! Hopefully can convince him to stay. If we don't get Champions League might be a lot harder but still.. He's loved here.. Stay! 

Johnnyeye likes this

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Seems like there isn't much we can do. He has his mind set. Might take us offering him an Alexis Sanchez level salary for him to stay. He's on like £400-500k per week, right? 

Whats super frustrating is that we finally have a manager who can take us up a level and play great football. We feel like a club on the upswing while Madrid are waning. Ronaldo left, their key players getting old, their manager now on the hot seat. Why would Hazard want to leave now? Damn.

2 reasons:

1. He likes the idea of playing for Madrid. No doubt about that.

2. We still haven't achieved anything this season. Yes, we are playing fantastic football. Things are rosy for now, mainly because we have had good results, with good fortune for some of those as well.. But we need to achieve as much as we potentially can. Hazard might not say that trophies are the most important, but I don't think he would like his club to continue yo-yo ing between Champions league contenders and something less.

I would say, lets enjoy the ride and see what happens come end of the season.

Also I've said it before....Zola, Drogba, Lampard, and now Hazard. We'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, whats happening said:

then he is not torn between chelsea and real madrid, he just wants to leave.

Not sure how you got that idea..

Are you saying he would contemplate joining United or PSG?

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I really hope he makes his mind up sooner rather than later.

I don't think he will.

End of the season, in my opinion. It will depend a lot on how Chelsea fare this season.

That's why I think its pointless to be bothered about Hazard's contract speculation at this stage.

I don't think he will.
End of the season, in my opinion. It will depend a lot on how Chelsea fare this season.
That's why I think its pointless to be bothered about Hazard's contract speculation at this stage.
What exactly is he waiting on, though?

Us winning the league is need to sway his mind or something. I personally think it's made up already, unfortunately

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

What exactly is he waiting on, though?

Us winning the league is need to sway his mind or something. I personally think it's made up already, unfortunately

The direction we head in, he has pissed two league titles here so i highly doubt getting a 3rd is a dealbreaker. Educated guess he wants to play for an attacking team and have a genuine chance of winning the CL, it's up to us to show him we can provide both.

The direction we head in, he has pissed two league titles here so i highly doubt getting a 3rd is a dealbreaker. Educated guess he wants to play for an attacking team and have a genuine chance of winning the CL, it's up to us to show him we can provide both.

We've partly addressed that. However, we are never going to go head to head with the big boys in the market as it stands.

Could be a different story if Roman does actually part ways, though.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We've partly addressed that. However, we are never going to go head to head with the big boys in the market as it stands.

Could be a different story if Roman does actually part ways, though.

If we keep Kovacic and Eden and find a solution up front i feel we have a serious shot at the CL. A lot of maybe's rn but we ain't a million miles away.

11Drogba likes this

If we keep Kovacic and Eden and find a solution up front i feel we have a serious shot at the CL. A lot of maybe's rn but we ain't a million miles away.
And an attacking FB. It would certainly put us in a good position.
Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

We need to offer Hazard 400K at least make an attempt to keep him. Even if it means letting Fabregas go and using his wages of almost 200K to supplement Hazard. 

11Drogba likes this

I think he is not going to renew. As it stands, the same for CHO, and Sarri is so not helping that by making him poof from all field time in order to trot out the whinging Brasilian every bloody game. I think we best fucking start planning for both these 2 players leaving, as well as RM yanking back Kovacic.

If the board bollockses up the next 2 transfer windows and makes bad contractual decisions, we are fucked for years, unless we are sold and new owner ship goes on a spree plus sets fire to all deadwood.

We are rapidly ageing, both in terms of on field performance soon falling off a cliff, injuries occurring more often, as well as resale valuations going to shit. We are carrying a massive amount of shit players on our books, both on the main roster and also in loan limbo. We also simply are not good enough in multiple positions.

Anyone that says we only are a striker or so away from trophies galore is simply dead wrong. Utterly.

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

If we had Conte or Mourinho, I would be concerned without Hazard. However, with Sarri at the helm I am not concerned if Hazard leaves. Hazard is a fantastic player, but City, Spurs, Liverpool don't have Hazard yet have made top four in the last 2/3 seasons. The fact is, having an offensive manager like Sarri helps to improve players and play a system in which benefits most players. I feel we can buy an elite level striker, maybe promote Hudson-Odoi and be good. The thing we lack this season is a 20+ goal striker so Hazard looks better, but with a 20+ goal striker and a Pedro and another similar level attacking winger on the right, similar to Insigne, we would do very well. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Hazard should be fortunate that he is Hazard. Doubt any other player would get away scot-free as much as he has for constantly talking about wanting to leave for another club.

Regarding Hazard's comments yesterday, it shouldn't be ignored that Neymar or Mbappe could still be a factor in all of this. The former, especially, is said to be Real's No.1 target and if he continues to be in the shadow of Mbappe, he might well be itching for the move come next summer and I don't think Real have the money to buy both players. OR if Mbappe suddenly feels he's getting too big for PSG/Ligue 1, he might well fancy a move to Real and given his young age, it would be a beneficial long term move for Real as compared to Neymar/Hazard. 

Johnnyeye, xPetrCechx and BXL70 like this

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We need to offer Hazard 400K at least make an attempt to keep him. Even if it means letting Fabregas go and using his wages of almost 200K to supplement Hazard. 

Have I missed something? Why do people keep on saying we should offer Hazard 400k (or more)? Since when this became about the wages?!

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Have I missed something? Why do people keep on saying we should offer Hazard 400k (or more)? Since when this became about the wages?!

Perhaps it is because the rumours were/are we were offering him only £300K PW, when (for comparison) an absolute shit (due to continual lack of interest/effort) player like Özil is on £350K PW and his ex teammate, now Manure whipping boy Alexis is on £500K PW.

Just my guess.

xPetrCechx, 11Drogba and kellzfresh like this

The way I see it is Hazard was always dreaming about Real since being a kid, but all these years at Chelsea have grown feelings toward the club that are bigger than he thought and now he is sorta torn between moving and staying. 

I hope he stays but if he goes, everyone will understand. 

Chelsea would lose a massive player though.

DDA, Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this