test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

What an incredible job Sarri has done with Hazard. Looks a completely different player, more decisive...

I m sure Hazard had that in him from day one i think. He just needed the right setup and Sarri is providing it thru his philosophy.

If Chelsea continue to progress like this and commit in picking attack minded managers, i could see him sign that infamous contract especially if RM is a mess this season. That kid just want to have fun while fulfilling his potential. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Welp. Sounds like Eden is about to drop another future-related bomshell on us in a bit. <_< Bad feeling about this.

Seems like there isn't much we can do. He has his mind set. Might take us offering him an Alexis Sanchez level salary for him to stay. He's on like £400-500k per week, right? 

Whats super frustrating is that we finally have a manager who can take us up a level and play great football. We feel like a club on the upswing while Madrid are waning. Ronaldo left, their key players getting old, their manager now on the hot seat. Why would Hazard want to leave now? Damn.

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seems like there isn't much we can do. He has his mind set. Might take us offering him an Alexis Sanchez level salary for him to stay. He's on like £400-500k per week, right? 

Whats super frustrating is that we finally have a manager who can take us up a level and play great football. We feel like a club on the upswing while Madrid are waning. Ronaldo left, their key players getting old, their manager now on the hot seat. Why would Hazard want to leave now? Damn.

Love how you focused only on the part he might leave for Real. :lol: 

The best thing about his interview is him acknowledging the bad circumstances in which Courtois left and not wanting a repeat of it. Other than that, nothing new. He still doesn't know wether he wants to stay or leave and is being honest about it so that there will be no surprises.

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That I think is what still gives us a chance of keeping him. This Madrid side is no longer the dominant side it has been the last 3-4 years and needs a rebuild. Hazard may look at that as a good option to go in and be the star, but he may also view it as the ship has sailed. That 'dream' move isn't what it may have been a year or two ago.

The board pulled off a huge coup in the summer with Sarri and the players we signed were starting XI calibre. We've essentially shown our hand to Hazard and there's no doubt its had a positive effect and impact on him.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Love how you focused only on the part he might leave for Real. :lol: 

I mean, he's making it plain as day that Madrid is his option #1. 

If he joins Real next summer he might not never win Champions League during his career. I can't see Real winning that competition for another 3 years or so. They need a massive overhaul very soon

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I mean, he's making it plain as day that Madrid is his option #1. 

To be honest, he's said the same thing he's said a thousand times - I want to leave but I may also stay. Guess nothing is certain for sure till he signs a bloody contract, be it in London or Madrid.

Johnnyeye likes this

We need to do extremely well this season and also hope Real have a poor season (which they are having at the moment) for us to have a chance of keeping Hazard.

This is why getting top 4 this season is critical.

Johnnyeye likes this

Although he opted not to open negotiations over a new deal last season, he will resume formal talks when Chelsea are ready. “I could talk now,” he said. “If they come to me, then I will talk. I don’t want to say that I am not talking with the club or the owner. I am talking a lot with them.”

For all his admiration of Madrid, Hazard hinted that Chelsea might not have to do much to convince him to stay. “I am happy and I don’t need anything,” he said. “It is not trophies. Of course, when you play, you want to win but I just want to enjoy things on the pitch, like I am at the moment. Then I am happy.”

Keep a Sarri-like style of football and make him the best paid player in the league.

Fulham Broadway and Johnnyeye like this

15 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i dont understand why is it so hard to offer him a 400k week salary to end this saga.

Think you're missing the point if you think this is about money.

goffus and xPetrCechx like this