Eden Hazard

the wes

Wilmots is garbage but there's no excuse for Hazard to play as passively as he does for Belgium. This season he was constantly demanding the ball & he's always involved. In a Belgian kit it's like he's one of many others. A player of his ability should be doing more, take on the fullbacks more rather than always drifting inside, take more shots, play more on the shoulders of defenders, put in more crosses etc

Oh and me thinks Belgium players overrate their own ability a tad too much. There's no reason a nothing player like Vertonghen should be constantly waving Hazard off or taking direct free kicks. They've won absolutely nothing yet arrogantly play as if they were Brazil or Spain.

Hazard is too relaxed when he plays, it's so annoying.

He doesn't have Mourinho's tactics to bail him out in Belgium, he doesn't have a goalscorer to take the attacking responsibility from him, why doesn't he get more selfish like Neymar and Bale and make runs behind for Witsel to put him through to score???

He should be demanding to take more shots and they should pass to him to score instead of him passing to the other poorer players to do the attacking for him.

These are reasons why I don't think he'll achieve his dreams of winning world best even if he plays for Barcelona, because unlike Neymar he'll pass to Iniesta to score instead of taking responsibility as the better finisher.

Probably not my bussines and no offence, but can someone tell me why is Israel playing in EURO qualifiers?

Their football federation decided to join UEFA rather than AFC (Asia). The same case like Australia prefer to join AFC rather than Oceania.

top 4 i have in euro 2016 is france, germany, italy and spain..

Spain probably has the best future team along with france.

Lol, Belgium destroyed France. It was an easy 1-4 and it could have been worser for France. In the last 10 minutes we had 5 subsitutions and after that France could score 2 times in the last 4 minutes. But 3-4 is not like how the game was. And the French players took this game very seriously, just like the French people.

If an opponent wants to play football, we destroy them. If a team like Wales just defends, we can't create any chance because Wilmots doesn't have a clue about breaking games open. Simple as that.

Lol, Belgium destroyed France. It was an easy 1-4 and it could have been worser for France. In the last 10 minutes we had 5 subsitutions and after that France could score 2 times in the last 4 minutes. But 3-4 is not like how the game was. And the French players took this game very seriously, just like the French people.

If an opponent wants to play football, we destroy them. If a team like Wales just defends, we can't create any chance because Wilmots doesn't have a clue about breaking games open. Simple as that.

It can be problematic then for Belgium. Most team will not play open football in international game (excluding friendly).

and France lost to albania...

and you guys just lost to a shit Wales team.

Agree. When I hear people say Hazard should score more, I always think that you can't force yourself to be a goal-scorer. People just need to accept the fact that Hazard is not that type of player. But you can kill your opponent in other ways, and that's where Hazard will have to make strides, because it's his goal to become the best player in the world.

But like you said, this passiveness can not be excused. Can't help but feel he takes it easy for Belgium for some reason, most of the time anyway. I don't know what it is. But I will say that yesterday wasn't all on him. Bar the first 15, 20 min, the ball circulation was far too low and Hazard did not receive the ball in the areas he should have. His off the ball movement was good but they either ignored him or lacked vision to read his movement and reach him. This is where Belgium's lack of a good passer/playmaker in the midfield hurts them.

Belgium have this weird thing of not being able to perform well consistently. Some kind of psychological issue they have. But they should also realise that they do have to work really, really hard to achieve succes, harder than previous succes teams. They're good players but they're not world-class players. Think the golden generation talk has gone to their head. Teams like France, Brazil, Italy, Spain possessed genuine world-class players when they won World and European cups.

Wat passiveness are you talking about? Against France I would agree but not against Wales.

Yesterday he played a match like he also plays for Chelsea. The only difference is his Chelsea teammates make runs when he has the ball. His Belgian teammates just stand and look at what he is going to do.

Also, they don't pass him the ball often enough. At Chelsea they pass him the ball when he has 2 meters of space. His Belgium teammates don't have the confidence to do this it seems. They only pass him when he has a lot of space but that is not going to happen close to the box.

Anyway, for me Hazard has been one of the best Belgian played in every game since the World Cup.

By the way, yesterday he was also named Best Belgian player of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apdaWmswP7w

You can also go to the original youtube video by clicking on the right lower corner youtube icon and then clicking the link next to "wistia link" in the video description. It'll take you to the same video but without the black edges on another video provider.

His "passiveness" comes from the lack of movement imo. There were constantly 2- 3 players on him and little or no movement, support, from his team mates.

Both De Bruyne and Hazard suffer from the lack of movement. De Bruyne needs runners so he can pick them out with a pass and Hazard needs runners to stretch the game (opening up gaps in the central areas) and get some of the defensive attention off of him.

Best example of this is in the video at 2:35. Hazard has the ball but he's up against 3 defenders. Wales has 9 players back + the goalkeeper. We've got 6 players, including Hazard, and not one of them is making any sort of movement to give Hazard a passing option. ( you can even see Hazard spreading his hands open asking his teammates to do something. The only options he has is pass the ball backwards to Witsel, cross the ball in or try and take on those 3 players on his own.

He ends up choosing the last option and gets a corner out of it.

We also really lack a deep lying playmaker. A "Fabregas" type of player. Someone who can find players in tight spaces, dictate the tempo, allow us to play in a quicker tempo.

Hazard tried a number of times to drop deep, pick up the ball and then try and play quick 1-2's to get something going but his teammates either ignored him or simply executed the 1-2 poorly taking away the momentum a 1-2 usually creates.

We just don't seem to have an actual system in place.

Our only aim seems to be to cross the ball into the box and hope Fellaini or Benteke head the ball in.

Instead of actually putting a system in place to get the best out of Hazard and De Bruyne.

The best player in England and the best player in Germany forced to play second fiddle to the likes of Fellaini and Benteke.

Pisses me of that we're wasting their talents in such a ridiculous manner.

Wat passiveness are you talking about? Against France I would agree but not against Wales.

Yesterday he played a match like he also plays for Chelsea. The only difference is his Chelsea teammates make runs when he has the ball. His Belgian teammates just stand and look at what he is going to do.

Also, they don't pass him the ball often enough. At Chelsea they pass him the ball when he has 2 meters of space. His Belgium teammates don't have the confidence to do this it seems. They only pass him when he has a lot of space but that is not going to happen close to the box.

Anyway, for me Hazard has been one of the best Belgian played in every game since the World Cup.

By the way, yesterday he was also named Best Belgian player of the match.

I literally said that wasn't the case vs Wales and that he did not receive the ball enough. More importantly, not quickly enough.

Probably not my bussines and no offence, but can someone tell me why is Israel playing in EURO qualifiers?

Political necessity. Think of the fixture list they would face in their local federation against teams representing nations whose governments and religious authorities believe that Israel should not exist? FIFA always consider political realities as, for example, the recent policy that Russia and Ukraine should be kept apart wherever possible.

Cause we're straight up Europeans dude, what the f*** do you mean?

No it's the political issues. Until the 70's we played with Asia, then for a little time in Oceania, and since 1992 in Europe, which also meant we started playing in the Europe club completions.