Eden Hazard

the wes

"I want to score more goals," he told the club's official website.

"I scored 19 this season, the season before I scored 16, so 19 is good, especially as I’m not a pure striker, I’m a winger."

"But the fans always want me to score. I work hard on that in training but it’s not easy. It would be nice if I could maybe get 25 goals next season."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/06/11/12632492/hazard-i-want-to-score-more-goals-for-chelsea?ICID=HP_BN_4

Eden and I have this crazy physic connection (he scored 17 last season though). 25 is exactly what I was thinking he should aim for next season (+/- 15 assists). That would be amazing. If he can manage that, and Diego plays 40+ games next season, scoring 25+ goals, that's already a nice return from the star men up front. But Oscar, Willian and Cuadrado have to step up. Oscar and Willian both need to hit 10+. Willian with his 4 goals per season average is just sad. Cuadrado hopefully scoring 5-10 goals.

Willian with his 4 goals per season average is just sad

It's actually pretty funny :lol:

Oscar can score 10 goals, but he most likely will be in and out of the team again. While Cuadrado is not also a goal scorer...so really Chelsea need more goals from Costa, Hazard and Fabregas.

Anything else is a bonus.

Why's this thread quiet, is he playing poorly for Belgium against Wales?

He's more involved than last game, but nothing special so far.

One thing I noticed though is Benteke's hold up play is nothing like DD (which I've seen some people claim here) he can hold the ball when it's given to him, but doesn't do those quick 1-2 with the AM's.

One thing I noticed though is Benteke's hold up play is nothing like DD (which I've seen some people claim here) he can hold the ball when it's given to him, but doesn't do those quick 1-2 with the AM's.

belgium losing 1-0, hazard tryin but looks lil tired...

Thanks, I can't watch it but my friends are buzzing my phone about how bale is outplaying him so I was wondering.....

He's big and black so he's obviously comparable to Drogba. Such lazy comparisons. Benteke plays nothing like him. He's quite static. He resembles a player like Llorente a lot more than Drogba. And I keep hearing about his technique, but I've never been able to see it. He's a good striker when you feed him with crosses, but you have to really look for him.

Hazard (and De Bruyne) doesn't receive the ball nearly enough, and definitely not quick enough. And who in his right mind would play Kevin wide right, far away from Hazard, limited to delivering crosses. You'd think the first thing a manager would do, would be to get his two creative men to link up and cause havoc. Kevin should be playing in the middle, especially with his shooting (with both feet).

De Bruyne's supposed lack of work rate is a complete myth btw. The guy has a fantastic engine.

He's big and black so he's obviously comparable to Drogba. Such lazy comparisons. Benteke plays nothing like him. He's quite static. He resembles a player like Llorente a lot more than Drogba. And I keep hearing about his technique, but I've never been able to see it. He's a good striker when you feed him with crosses, but you have to really look for him.

Hazard (and De Bruyne) doesn't receive the ball nearly enough, and definitely not quick enough. And who in his right mind would play Kevin wide right, far away from Hazard, limited to delivering crosses. You'd think the first thing a manager would do, would be to get his two creative men to link up and cause havoc. Kevin should be playing in the middle, especially with his shooting (with both feet).

De Bruyne's supposed lack of work rate is a complete myth btw. The guy has a fantastic engine.

I'm fully aware that, despite recent improvements, Hazard is not (currently) the same player for Belgium as he is for Chelsea. The player himself IS at least partly responsible for this state of affairs, but regardless of this fact, it really is shocking how often he is ignored when Belgium are in possession.

In this game against Wales he kept finding good pockets of space in which to operate, and was even completely free on the left on a number of occasions, but failed to receive the pass time and time again; it was done so often that it seemed as if Witsel, Vertonghen, and Nainggolan had been instructed to pass to anyone but Hazard. Midway through the second half, they even began to ignore De Bruyne as well; incomprehensible.

If Wilmots thinks that he's going to transform Belgian NT Hazard into the player he is for Chelsea simply by handing him the vice-captaincy but continuing to allow him to be marginalised by his own teammates when on the pitch, he's totally wrong (obviously).

As to your other two points, I totally agree; Benteke lacks dynamism and is fairly overrated, and De Bruyne is a much harder worker than many Chelsea fans seem to realise.

Belgium, great individuality, no more.

They SHOULD have a TOP trainer. They are wasting good years of a golden generation with a mediocre like Wilmots.

I completely agree. With a coach like Mou: no more complacency. We belgians rely on individuality. It goes good for 20 minutes. Then we get a bummer goal (thanks Naingollan) and shit falls apart. No leadership. It is clear to me Eden really needs a strong coach.

But more so: that entire team of young talent no longer needs a motivator like Wilmots. Now they need someone to weld that team into a tactical tank.

That is what Mou does. He does that brilliantly.

Its the dark side, but we cannot only have romantic bullshit. Not only. We can dream though but in the end a team has to be perform. Belgium tried and pushed a lot, but got outsmarted by that goal. They failed at something Fellaini surely would have done.

I think Eden indeed needs to put up his game. No more altruism galore. He can, if he would.

Shit [emoji29]

strange to say but Felaini was badly missed today

Ow yes. Very much so. We tend to downplay him, but in his form, he destroyes. Maybe underrated a tad. He is much more defining than Witsel. I wouldnt want him near Chels. He seems to have missed the boat.