test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Just now, Jason said:

3 under Mourinho?! :lol: 

Very shocked myself. Its either Conte was even more defensive than Mourinho or Mourinho's tactics was really to "give the ball to Hazard and see what he can do".

Jason, El P. and xPetrCechx like this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

3 under Mourinho?! :lol: 

Makes sense actually :D With no attacking plan at all, Mou's plan was simple - give it to Hazard every single time. Just like long balls and Fellaini  :D 

Jason and xPetrCechx like this

Just now, milan.cech said:

Makes sense actually :D With no attacking plan at all, Mou's plan was simple - give it to Hazard every single time. Just like long balls and Fellaini  :D 

And one was in that silly 3-0 loss at West Brom. :lol: 

kellzfresh and milan.cech like this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

And one was in that silly 3-0 loss at West Brom. :lol: 

Hahaha true! Even more desperate tactical advice then :D 

I think that MAYBE Eden is just confused.

We went thru Mou playing his defend at all cost first policy which absolutley took all of the attackers primal instincts from them then a year of the Don who said come on lets take it to them then a year of hmmm lets think twice before we go for goal.

And now we have a manager who says we need to score loads goals because we might let a few in and its the way we are goimg to win

I just think he needs to be taking more shots and doesn't always need to dribble into the box or cut inside.

But its good just seeing him not moping around with his hands om his hips. Sarris giving him his swag back

32 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

None of those during Conte's reign.

Surprised tbh. Thought he was immense and very involved more centrally in Conte's title winning season. But today it was visible that he had many touches, I immediately thought this must be the most he's had for us, and so it was. But I agree with the point stated above, he needs to pass quicker and not hold on to the ball so long like he did in 1st half (what we say about Willian a lot).

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Surprised tbh. Thought he was immense and very involved more centrally in Conte's title winning season. But today it was visible that he had many touches, I immediately thought this must be the most he's had for us, and so it was. But I agree with the point stated above, he needs to pass quicker and not hold on to the ball so long like he did in 1st half (what we say about Willian a lot).

Yeah its something that Willian gets slated for a lot but Eden has done it in the games. Still think hes maybe getting used to how Sarri wants us to play. Pedro knows the score, he just gets it pops it off at the right time and moves, Eden needs to incorporate this into his game at times but think this will come, other than that good to see hes opened his account for the season, heres hoping he can get 20+ this year. 

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah its something that Willian gets slated for a lot but Eden has done it in the games. Still think hes maybe getting used to how Sarri wants us to play. Pedro knows the score, he just gets it pops it off at the right time and moves, Eden needs to incorporate this into his game at times but think this will come, other than that good to see hes opened his account for the season, heres hoping he can get 20+ this year. 

I think that we are getting bogged down in the middle of the pitch.

Both Eden and Kovacic are used to be the ball carriers but for a Sarri team to work proper it revolves around off the ball movements to release those third player runs. And its not as important for Eden to do his long dribbles. Its quicker to do a pass. Both Eden and Kovacic can do the same job but they are going to run into each other specially with Eden and his cutting into the center of the pitch.

But because we have been a continuous team that counter attacks and we have relied heavily on Edens dribbling to get past men but when we are having so much posession Edens got to change his game too He has to remember we aren’t a defensive team anymore and play on his left side like he did with Mou’s first half of the season’s 2014/2015.

Johnnyeye likes this

Real Madrid have renewed their interest in Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling, Sky Sports News understands.

His refusal to shoot is slowing down the target I've set for him at 35 goals + assists this season. But even at that, he's already scored 2 goals and 2 assists in few games... 31 more to go ;) 

Blue Armour likes this

7 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

2 weeks of the snake trying to brainwash him in the national team...

And the same amount of time Eden telling T'Boa how happy he is right now under Sarri!

HAZARD : We are playing good football

Eden Hazard enjoying life at Chelsea under Maurizio Sarri: 'It's so different to Antonio Conte or Jose Mourinho'

The whole interview on Chelsea TV below

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/2/hot-hazard-s-strong-start

Despiadado.Maleante and Vesper like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6123565/Eden-Hazard-says-Maurizio-Sarri-completely-different-Conte-Mourinho.html

'I like to have the ball. Not in my own half, but in the last 30 metres,' Hazard told Chelsea TV.

'I like this type of game. It's completely different than Antonio Conte or (Jose) Mourinho before. We have more ball so for me it's not bad.'

Hazard's contract expires in 2020 and the offer of an extension has not been taken up so far, but he is showing no signs of unhappiness.

Hazard was a substitute in Chelsea's first two matches of the season, but was instrumental in the win over Arsenal and then started and scored against Newcastle and the Cherries.

He understood his slow reintroduction to club football and appears happy just to wait and see on his long-term future.

Asked how he is, Hazard said: 'Good. You can see on the pitch. Let's see the future.'

I liked this part from him:

"At the moment we are okay, we are winning games, I think we are playing good football, so I enjoy. I want to keep this momentum. The bad thing is now we go to the national team, we want to just keep playing with Chelsea and win games!"

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3620860/chelseas-eden-hazard-maurizio-sarri-style-completely-different-from-conte-or-mourinho

DDA and Unionjack like this

Hmmmm

Chelsea's Eden Hazard reveals what he told Marcos Alonso about his defending style

Speaking on the pitch after the final-whistle, Hazard said: "Sometimes, [he] is in front of me. I said to him once, 'Marcos, I think your first target is to defend, because you play left back', but this guy don't want to listen, he just wants to score goals."

https://www.givemesport.com/1382876-chelseas-eden-hazard-reveals-what-he-told-marcos-alonso-about-his-defending-style?autoplay=off

Fulham Broadway likes this