Eden Hazard

the wes

Sir Alex Ferguson:

"I'm glad I have chosen Kagawa over Hazard. Kagawa has double the talent of Hazard and was half the price of Hazard!"

Still one of my favourite quotes ever.

Has Ferguson said exactly these words? Any source?

He isn't, he's trying to protect him. He chose Oscar over Mata, and whilst Mata is banging in goals for United and turning into their most consistent performer under LvG, he has to big up Oscar to make his own decision seem sound. The reality is José is actually now giving us a stick to beat Oscar with; if he doesn't suddenly turn into Zidane next season there is going to be one pissed manager who will be willing to cut his losses, I reckon.

I'm not so sure because most United fans I know (if not all of them) had many complaints about Mata. Then he had a good run of matches a couple of months ago and started to fade again, alternating good matches and invisible ones. No one I know thinks he's their most consistent player... I also don't think Jose is saving face. Everybody with two working brain cells knows Mourinho sold Mata because he didn't fit his system, not because he thought Oscar is a better player. So why keep an expensive and talented player in the squad if he doesn't fit your system and is sulking in the bench. I can't actually believe over one year after it happened people still don't understand it.

But Mata is a well liked and appreciated player for Chelsea fans, so I think emotions cloud their judgment because not only Mata hasn't been for United even close the player he was when he had a team built around him (actually he hasn't been even amazing in 10 matches according to my brother who is a hardcore United fan who watches their matches literally in a looping - according to him he had a few great matches, some good and many average for them), but his sale had absolutely zero to do with Oscar. If we didn't have Oscar, Mourinho would still have sold Mata and would have brought someone else because Mata just wouldn't do it for the system he had in mind. It had never anything to do with either player's quality.

:lol: @ the quotes.

Don't think he said that at all. What he did say was this - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7926082/ferguson-doubts-hazard-value

Fergie was bitter. He knew Hazard was a special talent. He talked about value but he paid £30 mil for a teenage Wayne Rooney and €30 mil for a teenage Anderson. Both were huge, huge sums of money at the time. He knows it's necessary when you want to pick them up early.

What a steal Hazard turned out to be. I was never so ecstatic about a completed transfer before.

Fergie was bitter. He knew Hazard was a special talent. He talked about value but he paid £30 mil for a teenage Wayne Rooney and €30 mil for a teenage Anderson. Both were huge, huge sums of money at the time. He knows it's necessary when you want to pick them up early.

What a steal Hazard turned out to be. I was never so ecstatic about a completed transfer before.

Whatever he said, he said that 34M was way too much for Hazard and that they valued him much lower. Then he said his scouting staff is the best in recognising good values, like they have done with Kagawa. That alone is already the joke of the century. I'm sure you can find a lot of other good Fergie jokes about Kagawa and Eden.

Whatever he said, he said that 34M was way too much for Hazard and that they valued him much lower. Then he said his scouting staff is the best in recognising good values, like they have done with Kagawa. That alone is already the joke of the century. I'm sure you can find a lot of other good Fergie jokes about Kagawa and Eden.

That article is a gift that keeps on giving. After reitarating how great value kagawa was, he goes

Kagawa arrived from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund and joins fellow new boy Nick Powell in the United midfield.

Powell joined from Crewe and Ferguson believes he is the latest example of the club leading the way in terms of scouting.

"We scout well," he added. "Sometimes we do the scouting for other clubs. The minute the agent knew we'd spoken to Powell, I think every club was in with offers. But we'd done the deal.

just LOLZ. Fergie must have been absolute nuts if he'd really believe that