Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard has played 2931 minutes of a possible 2970 minutes in the league this season. That's just simply insane for a midfield/attacking player. When we wrap this thing up I hope Jose gives Eden a match or two off to recover and catch his breath. I know Eden has great stamina and endurance but he is not a machine. He needs some rest.

Zola: "This year, compared to previous years, he has been more decisive. He is growing up and he is learning to use his qualities in an effective way. A lof of this is down to him but also to Jose, who is probably teaching him to be more effective."

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-gianfranco-zola-insists-boring-chelsea-are-rightful-premier-league-champions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3060391/Football-fans-exam-girlfriend-beloved-Arsenal-goes-viral-reveals-wont-DUMPED.html

one of the questions reads 'explain why Sanchez is better than Hazard' :lol:

joke's on him though, screwing a fellow Arsenal fan,... that's why my girl is a gooner :Goober:

Fanboys.

Hazard is enjoying an incredible season for me. His class would be more obvious if he were to play in a more dominant team, with better teammates (in offence). Whether he can keep it up and improve remains to be seen.

Lionsden is right about the tendency of fans to overrate their own (the same can be said about overrating players of other teams btw). But fans also overrate past greats. Big moments on the big stage define careers. People talk about the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Carlos, Del Piero etc. as if they were these magical players, producing top performances on a weekly basis, every single season. And that's a lie. The good is remembered and the bad is forgotten. Zidane's CL final goal alone skyrocketed his stock to infinity and beyond. And we will do the same with the current generation. I can already imagine everybody reminiscing about Iniesta's goal vs Chelsea in 10-20 years. Or what about Messi, possibly the tiniest player on the pitch, leaping into the air, almost levitating, and heading that ball in like Batitusta in the 2009 CL final. Because that's we do.

But then you hear Zidane talk about Hazard for example, or Romario about Neymar, and you see how these past greats recognise greatness in the new boys. But Hazard lacks big moments in his career. That one highlight that you will always remember, one brilliant piece of play with the whole world watching. Or something like a devastating performance in the semi-final of the CL. I think Hazard's biggest moment was his goal against Bayern. But that was just the Supercup, and the goal wasn't really special. He's only 24 though, so he still has time.

Careful here, Words don't always convey sentiment correctly. Zidane is without question one of the greatest players the world has ever seen and the same can be said about El Fenomeno. That's not overrating them that is just the flat out truth...

Hazard will be there as well, and it won't take a World Cup win or a smashing goal in the Euro or Champions League. He is fantastic! He just needs to be fantastic for more than 2 seasons and show more quality in his prime years. The greats consistently put in brilliant performances and that's what Hazard has to do over the course of his career.

Careful here, Words don't always convey sentiment correctly. Zidane is without question one of the greatest players the world has ever seen and the same can be said about El Fenomeno. That's not overrating them that is just the flat out truth...

Hazard will be there as well, and it won't take a World Cup win or a smashing goal in the Euro or Champions League. He is fantastic! He just needs to be fantastic for more than 2 seasons and show more quality in his prime years. The greats consistently put in brilliant performances and that's what Hazard has to do over the course of his career.

Hazard has been fantastic for longer than two season are we going to pretend that Lille winning it's first Ligue 1 title since 1954-1955, or his two Ligue 1 POTY awards didn't happen?

A pretty decent game. Not his brilliant best, but he was busy at the right moment. I'm sure the conditions didn't help either and the blatant lack of protection from Clattenburg. I didn't even notice he was the one who gave the lofted pass to Ivanovic for that goal.

He was quiet last night, just like against Arsenal. He looks exhausted. But those little moments of brilliance, such as the lay off into Ivanovic for the equaliser, prove he is the best player in the league by a comfortable margin. He doesn't play well and yet still creates a game-changing moment.