Eden Hazard

the wes

I think trying to become a Madrid legend is a lot more attractive than becoming a Chelsea legend, at this point. The only attacking players he'd need to surpass here in terms of legacy are Drogba, Osgood/Tambling perhaps & then Zola. He's not even far from Zola's status IMO already, but at Madrid, there's so many legends from Ronaldo, to other Ronaldo, to Raul, to Zidane, Santiago, Di Stefano, Puskas and so on.

There'd be so much more feeling of accomplishment showing how good he is compared to other true greats of the game who played there, and surpassing them, while also getting coached by his idol. We haven't had so many greats here, and having so few players to surpass isn't really a romantic challenge. The fact is, he's probably already one of our greatest ever players, and he's a fool (which he isn't) if he doesn't know that. It's more than plausible that he'd soon want to accomplish a similar but more staggering feat on a bigger, louder, prettier stage, where he gets paid more, and a nice tan. People always forget the nice tan factor.

It would just surely be more satisfying becoming a legend there than here. But that's in my mind, not Hazard's.

We are still in the process of becoming an illustrious club; we've been at the top for a decade only. We're still a way behind the Madrid's, Barca's, even Milan's & Munich's of this world. Though of course i could never see him at Milan. The other 3 though? I could see him at any of them for the reasons i put forward.

It's just more exciting. It's natural that the most exciting player on the planet rn would be attracted to the most exciting & also daunting challenges, especially once he's ticked off the "I can kick it in the Premier League" challenge.

I SAY ALL THAT TO SAY THIS: OBVIOUSLY I HOPE HE DOESN'T LEAVE, I LOVE HIM AND HIS CHEEKS. :wub:

I know and respect all of your opinions, but I find a lot of your posts to be somewhat depressing. :(

To be fair, if you are realistic, Hazard is never gonna be a big a star as Messi, CR7 etc., they were way more prolific at 24 than Hazard is right now and Hazard is never gonna be a goal scoring anomaly so the chance of him being a legend at a club as big as Real Madrid is very slim imo.

Offcourse it's very human to give it a try nonetheless but as i said i judge Hazard to be a player who is content with what he has and he might want to settle with being one of the best PL stars ever.

To be fair, if you are realistic, Hazard is never gonna be a big a star as Messi, CR7 etc., they were way more prolific at 24 than Hazard is right now and Hazard is never gonna be a goal scoring anomaly so the chance of him being a legend at a club as big as Real Madrid is very slim imo.

Offcourse it's very human to give it a try nonetheless but as i said i judge Hazard to be a player who is content with what he has and he might want to settle with being one of the best PL stars ever.

Zidane didn't score over 20 goals ever I think but just that 1 moment makes you being remembered forever.

I get what Zidane is saying, but we have to be realistic. He is the best player in the EPL, but isn't on the same level as CR7 and Messi. I doubt him or anyone else will be in the coming years.

Actually that is the right answer of your question. If CR retired or sold, there is strong reason for Real to bid on Hazard even more. Hazard will be offered CR spot, and I couldn't blame him if he did flattered.

Bale would get that spot and the face of Madrid is already in place with James Rodriguez.

If hazard does move on and if PSG finally gets a good manager, PSG would be a very interesting project for Hazard. Being a great player doesn't guarantee success at a club like Madrid. However, PSG has a good young nucleus to challenge in europe in the future.

Bale would get that spot and the face of Madrid is already in place with James Rodriguez.

If hazard does move on and if PSG finally gets a good manager, PSG would be a very interesting project for Hazard. Being a great player doesn't guarantee success at a club like Madrid. However, PSG has a good young nucleus to challenge in europe in the future.

Ligue 1 is no challenge for Eden, he said that already. There is no "project", he was the best player there before he came here, why would he return?

Hazard has 98 career club goals and he's 24. Zidane had 125 career club goals in his entire career and he's one of the best players of all time and a Real Madrid legend. Same with Luis Figo who had 133 career club goals. Can we stop with the nonsense please.

Seriously, the quality of comments on this thread is appalling most of the time. I honestly think this is the worst player thread on the forum. Why? If some posters are bored and have nothing interesting to contribute between match-days, just stop repeating the same nonsense that's been refuted over and over again on Hazard's thread.

Will Hazard ever score 50 goals like Ronaldo and Messi? No. Does he have to score 50 goals fulfill his dream of becoming an all time great player? No. Did players before Messi and Ronaldo need 50 goals a season to be all time great players and ballon d'Or winners? No. Is he on the right track to fulfilling the career goals he has set for himself? Yes. And that's all that matters.

Nine months ago on this thread, I set Eden a personal target at the start of the season to win the PFA player of the year and establish himself as the best player in the league. He is well on his way to doing just that while simultaneously dragging the team to its first title in 5 years.

I interpret demanding anything else right now as the usual suspects trolling and seeking attention like little kids. Hazard has exceeded expectation and I couldn't be happier with the lad.

I reread the last few posts and can't see nobody 'demanding anything else' then what he is doing right now, so why are you on your high horse all the time interpreting any seemingly negative post as an assault upon which you need to reply.

We were just discussing what a possible move to Madrid would mean, nothing wrong in that.

And if you don't like the posts in between match days, just stay away then, whats the problem?

If CR really did retired or leave. Madrid will spend mega money again, I bet. Someone on equal with CR calibre. The devil keep whispering 'Hazard, Hazard' name in my ears. To be honest Hazard will be the perfect replacement for CR in Madrid 2-4 years from now, sadly. No way Madrid will just satisfied with Bale and James as big names in front, when their eternal rival have Neymar, Messi and Suarez.

About PSG, stroey has said what most likely I will trying to say.

Hazard and Mourinho are not finished with each other.

Next season he will get a more free attacking rol.

Hopefully Chelsea plays more attacking, everyone at my work and friends say Chelsea is an ugly pie with a very beautiful cherry on it (Hazard).