Eden Hazard

the wes

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/16/eden-hazard-player-of-the-year-jose-mourinho#comment-50555355

More typical anti-chelsea bullshit from the Guardian and their idiotic anti-Chelsea writer, Mr Doyle. If you guys can please go to the link and thumbs up my comment "JamestheElder". This cunt deserves to be put to shame.

What a joke. If Kane is a better choice because he plays in a inferior team, than Austin should be the clear winner. It does not work that way.

Hazard has not been as good as Ronaldo and Suarez, that's fair, but he's better than Rooney in 09/10 (robbery), Bale in 10/11 (robbery) and 12/13 and arguably as good as Van Persie in 11/12. You don't have to score 20+ goals to shine, ask Bergkamp, Pires and others.

What a joke. If Kane is a better choice because he plays in a inferior team, than Austin should be the clear winner. It does not work that way.

Hazard has not been as good as Ronaldo and Suarez, that's fair, but he's better than Rooney in 09/10 (robbery), Bale in 10/11(robbery) and 12/13 and arguably as good as Van Persie in 11/12. You don't have to score 20+ goals to shine, ask Bergkamp, Pires and others.

That guy is such an unprofessional piece of shit, it's a joke. He doesn't even believe a word of what he is typing, which is the saddest part. Too bad a once respectable newspaper like the Guardian has now become the least respectable paper and a downright laughing stock. There's a lot of anti-Chelsea stuff out there, but they take it to new, unprecedented levels of envy, hate and jealousy.

This is why we need a 3rd AM who can produce something in the final third on a regular basis. Instead we usually have 2/3 water carriers (Willian + Oscar). Get in another threat like Reus or Bale on the opposite flank, get Ivanovic to stop thinking he's Maicon and stop overlapping too much and pretending to be an auxiliary winger, and you'll see Eden (and even Cesc) flourish a lot more as the opposition will have to worry about more than just 2 players when we're transitioning in attack.

Remember that Ivanovic is just following orders. His role was almost the complete opposite last season. Ivanovic playing the Alves role is like David Villa playing the Drogba role, it makes no sense. I really hope it won't be the same next season.

And I remember how last season it was the opposition only having to worry about one player. Now it's two and need to upgrade to three. Progress I guess. Though I have to say, Cesc's been getting good amount of space for the most part in this 2nd half of the season. He's not being tightly marked on a weekly basis, far from it I'd say. I don't know what's wrong with him. It's not like he's terrible but simply not as good as first.

Hazard for the double! Never happening though because of the Kane hype (not entirely undeserved).

They should really change the cut off age btw. Winning YPOTY at 24 is too much, you're not a youngster at that age. 21 or under at the start of the season would be much better, and would give the youngsters who still deal with inconsistency far better chances to win.

In England you're technically classed as a young person until your 26th birthday, im guessing the PFA go by similar guidelines.

I never understood how the same player can be nominated for both Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year and even more weird when a player wins Player of the Year which means that he was the best player in the league but then looses the Young Player of the Year which means that he isn't the best out of a much smaller group of players in the league!

The rule should logically be that if a player makes it to the Player of the Year shortlist, he should not be considered for Young Player of the Year.

I never understood how the same player can be nominated for both Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year and even more weird when a player wins Player of the Year which means that he was the best player in the league but then looses the Young Player of the Year which means that he isn't the best out of a much smaller group of players in the league!

The rule should logically be that if a player makes it to the Player of the Year shortlist, he should not be considered for Young Player of the Year.

Yes Spock. Indeed. [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Remember that Ivanovic is just following orders. His role was almost the complete opposite last season. Ivanovic playing the Alves role is like David Villa playing the Drogba role, it makes no sense. I really hope it won't be the same next season.

And I remember how last season it was the opposition only having to worry about one player. Now it's two and need to upgrade to three. Progress I guess. Though I have to say, Cesc's been getting good amount of space for the most part in this 2nd half of the season. He's not being tightly marked on a weekly basis, far from it I'd say. I don't know what's wrong with him. It's not like he's terrible but simply not as good as first.

I know it's Jose's fault, he gives Ivanovic this sort of freedom to attack but I will never know why exactly. I mean, I know Bane is a match winner but his offensive contribution isn't Alves or Maicon like for him to have this sort of freedom. I truly hope Jose sees past it next season as well.

I agree with you that Cesc hasn't really found his early season rhythm as well though. He's getting back to it slowly but a bit too slowly for my liking. I think it has to do with the fact that we seem to be a lot more conservative in the way we play these days - I don't really blame Jose, a few players have lost his trust I assume so naturally he has lost that total faith he had in the team before. However he's not entirely blameless. You have great guys like Filipe Luis or Zouma constantly on the bench who would definitely make a big impact on how we play, but Jose is still very reluctant.

Coutinho? you make me laugh. His stats is not that good, and you gotta be kidding me with how horrible Liverpool this season.

Part of me now don't bothered if Hazard missed this out. The PL title is the real award.

Hazard's srats aren't eye popping either.

Ok, but i still dont get something, those "PFA Members" made this shortlist of six players and than they vote AGAIN for the best player from that shorlist? or the shotlist was made by the FA?

And "PFA Members" - who are they? Terry is the one in Chelsea, so its captains?

I think I am correct in saying. Ballot papers are sent out to all clubs (ballot paper is as JT put up on social media). I think every player in the 20 PL clubs squads votes for his player, young player and team of the year (again, ala JT). When all votes are counted the 'shortlist' is drawn up. I think this is just the 6 players with most votes. I don't believe anything is votes for again. So in a sense the winner has already been voted for. We just have to wait till the day to find out who it is.

How is logical that someone wins player of the year award and is still young enough, but doesnt win young player of the year?

I understand people might decide personaly, but if Hazard wins player of year, while Kane young poty, that literaly means that Kane is better u23 player than Hazard which means zero sense. Zero.

Only reasonable way would be that Hazard wins both. You cant be best in country if you arent also best young if you are still under 23.

If someone put logical explanation, I will be glad. But dont try the sentimental "Kane was voted because he is english and deserves it etc". If Hazard gets poty, he rightly so fits as best in all age categories, including u23, because he is still 23.

How is logical that someone wins player of the year award and is still young enough, but doesnt win young player of the year?

I understand people might decide personaly, but if Hazard wins player of year, while Kane young poty, that literaly means that Kane is better u23 player than Hazard which means zero sense. Zero.

Only reasonable way would be that Hazard wins both. You cant be best in country if you arent also best young if you are still under 23.

If someone put logical explanation, I will be glad. But dont try the sentimental "Kane was voted because he is english and deserves it etc". If Hazard gets poty, he rightly so fits as best in all age categories, including u23, because he is still 23.

Because the criteria for young poty is kinda messed up so people tend to vote for new upcomer for young poty.