test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

You just know Real Madrid will probably try to come in with a lowball first offer of like £80m or something as if we're mugs.

Pay what PSG did for Neymar or I'd tell them to fuck off. They just received 100m for CR7 and are one of the richest sports clubs in the world. They can afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Chelsea's position would be £200m. When Madrid have sold us Morata for £70m and apparently value Asensio at around £150m. The way fees are escalating, replacing him with a big name would be a nightmare.

To be honest with a manager who is supposedly creative and innovative and prepared to coach his players, if this did happen I would prefer the club buy a couple of hot young talents to replace him as opposed to a ready made replacement. Lozano and Bailey for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He wants to go, trust me. He has been giving signs of his love for Madrid here and there, but he's finally come out truthfully. For him to say "After a wonderful 6 years" means he's had enough. Hopefully I hope we land Kovacic + 150 and come out of this with the best midfield in England at least (Kovacic-Jorginho-Kante)

It doesn't take a genius to know he wants to go. I can see that. He has been talking about Madrid for like 567594674560560 years! The point is, he is still sending mixed messages about his future. He did say "after 6 wonderful years" but he also said "it MIGHT be time", "I can decide if I want to stay or go" and then the whole "we" thing about working hard etc. Since he wants to go (to Madrid), why not just straight out say "I want to go" or "it's time for me to leave and try new things"? Why keep on indicating you want to leave and at the same time, hinting you could stay as well? At this point, I just want him to make his intention 100% clear once and for all. Tired of this stupid 50-50 bullshit and wondering whether he'll leave or stay etc!

Supermonkey92 and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope this sorts out quickly. Stay or go, just don't torture us anymore. I can't take one more drama saga this summer, possibly even bigger than last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

It doesn't take a genius to know he wants to go. I can see that. He has been talking about Madrid for like 567594674560560 years! The point is, he is still sending mixed messages about his future. He did say "after 6 wonderful years" but he also said "it MIGHT be time", "I can decide if I want to stay or go" and then the whole "we' thing about working hard etc. Since he wants to go (to Madrid), why not just straight out say "I want to go" or "it's time for me to leave and try new things"? Why keep on indicating you want to leave and at the same time, hinting he could stay as well? At this point, I just want him to make his intentions 100% clear once and for all. Tired of this stupid 50-50 bullshit and having to wonder and discuss with others whether he'll leave or stay etc!

I'm thinking he really likes being here at Chelsea. He would love to go to Real, but wouldn't mind staying at a club he loves being at. That's the 50/50 thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before anyone says it as well this was not Conte's fault. Starting to see some dickhead on twitter posting stuff along the lines of Conte sabotaged last season knowing Eden would want out. Some idiots will grasp at anything huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yeboii said:

I'm thinking he really likes being here at Chelsea. He would love to go to Real, but wouldn't mind staying at a club he loves being at. That's the 50/50 thing.

Which is why he needs to make his mind up! Continuing to hint at one or the other isn't going to benefit anyone. We're not talking about choosing between mom and dad here FFS!

Yeboii, kc_blue and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It doesn't take a genius to know he wants to go. I can see that. He has been talking about Madrid for like 567594674560560 years! The point is, he is still sending mixed messages about his future. He did say "after 6 wonderful years" but he also said "it MIGHT be time", "I can decide if I want to stay or go" and then the whole "we' thing about working hard etc. Since he wants to go (to Madrid), why not just straight out say "I want to go" or "it's time for me to leave and try new things"? Why keep on indicating you want to leave and at the same time, hinting he could stay as well? At this point, I just want him to make his intentions 100% clear once and for all. Tired of this stupid 50-50 bullshit and having to wonder and discuss with others whether he'll leave or stay etc!

I think he is genuinely torn over the situation because there are positives and negatives to both situations:

Chelsea - where he is already loved and worshipped by the fans and will remain the main man, but does he need something new to push himself

Real Madrid - his dream club but one where there is far more pressure and he's starting from scratch in the shadow of one of the greatest players ever

London - Well settled with family, quiet private life

Madrid - New start for his young family and doubt Madrid media will leave him alone as much

Future at Chelsea - Potentially exciting new brand of football which will get more out of him, but how long would it last? 

Future at Real Madrid - Best club in world football at present, but you feel they are towards the end of a cycle needing to replace soon the likes of Modric, Ramos, etc and they've lost their main player. Is it potentially the worst time to join them?

I do think Sarri needs to get hold of him and have a meeting with him first. Give Hazard his ideas and sell him the dream and see where his head is at afterwards. Also as you have said, Madrid have yet to suggest a big is coming in for him.

11Drogba and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

It doesn't take a genius to know he wants to go. I can see that. He has been talking about Madrid for like 567594674560560 years! The point is, he is still sending mixed messages about his future. He did say "after 6 wonderful years" but he also said "it MIGHT be time", "I can decide if I want to stay or go" and then the whole "we" thing about working hard etc. Since he wants to go (to Madrid), why not just straight out say "I want to go" or "it's time for me to leave and try new things"? Why keep on indicating you want to leave and at the same time, hinting he could stay as well? At this point, I just want him to make his intention 100% clear once and for all. Tired of this stupid 50-50 bullshit and wondering whether he'll leave or stay etc!

He did the same when he was joining us, we were thrilled when it over then maybe it is the turn of the fans of Madrid now... Creating a buzz !!! ... maybe thats his thing!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think he is genuinely torn over the situation because there are positives and negatives to both situations:

Chelsea - where he is already loved and worshipped by the fans and will remain the main man, but does he need something new to push himself

Real Madrid - his dream club but one where there is far more pressure and he's starting from scratch in the shadow of one of the greatest players ever

London - Well settled with family, quiet private life

Madrid - New start for his young family and doubt Madrid media will leave him alone as much

Future at Chelsea - Potentially exciting new brand of football which will get more out of him, but how long would it last? 

Future at Real Madrid - Best club in world football at present, but you feel they are towards the end of a cycle needing to replace soon the likes of Modric, Ramos, etc and they've lost their main player. Is it potentially the worst time to join them?

I do think Sarri needs to get hold of him and have a meeting with him first. Give Hazard his ideas and sell him the dream and see where his head is at afterwards. Also as you have said, Madrid have yet to suggest a big is coming in for him.

All valid points but if he's genuinely torn about this, why does he keep on telling Real to come get him? It unlikely isn't an easy decision but he's gotta make the hard choice on what he really wants. Like I said above, we are not in the process of choosing between his mom and dad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to replace.  Though, if he doesn't sign by the end of the window, we have to really consider selling him.  But, we need to buy replacements first.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who those could be.  Everyone we could get is young and kind of unproven (much like Hazard was).  

Every time I've seen Asensio, he hasn't impressed me.  Don't see the hype.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe i'm reading to much into it but the "if they want to let me go" part does seem to indicate that he isn't going to push for a deal and is putting the decision in our hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Pretty sure they've denied approaching them. Could it be that they don't want to mess up future negotiations with them directly if its seen they've approached either player first?

The good thing now is we have Sarri as our manager, someone who can coach a comprehensive attacking system. I feel we are now in a better position to be less dependent on a star player as opposed to under Conte/Mourinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The good thing now is we have Sarri as our manager, someone who can coach a comprehensive attacking system. I feel we are now in a better position to be less dependent on a star player as opposed to under Conte/Mourinho

that's a fair point.  It would be nice to have a comprehensive attacking system full of stars.  But, I don't disagree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Impossible to replace.  Though, if he doesn't sign by the end of the window, we have to really consider selling him.  But, we need to buy replacements first.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who those could be.  Everyone we could get is young and kind of unproven (much like Hazard was).  

Every time I've seen Asensio, he hasn't impressed me.  Don't see the hype.

Same with me in regards to Asensio. Shown flashes of brilliance but would be a massive gamble.

Isco would definitely ease the pain for most of our fans because he's super skillful and flashy. But again, he seems like an impossible target.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.