Eden Hazard

the wes

Didnt see anyone underrating Hazard in the last page, or overrating Kane. Some think Kane will win it because of politics (the fact he's english. and Hazard is Chelsea..).

To me its Hazard--------Aguaro, Matic, Silva---Cesc, Costa, Kane----Alexis, Coutinho.

If Aguaro could have stayed fit it would have been a battle between him and Eden.

For me If someone think Kane will win the Poty ahead of Hazard, it means he is underrating Hazard indirectly. But it is just me though. Sorry if it bothers you that much.

For me If someone think Kane will win the Poty ahead of Hazard, it means he is underrating Hazard indirectly. But it is just me though. Sorry if it bothers you that much.

lol not at all, i can see where you're coming from. Hazard is 7 times the player Kane is and should win it.

the stats are very important and Hazard scored only 11 goals and hasn't a lot of assists

Kane has 19 goals and 3 assists. Hazard has 11 goals and 6 assists. The difference isn't that big stats wise.

Kane is also a striker so it makes sense he'll score more goals. His main job is to score goals.

Hazard isn't a striker his main job is to create chances and he's done that plenty this season.

Hazard : Keypasses 2.8/game, Dribbles 4.7/game, Fouled 3/game.

Kane : Keypasses 0.7/game, Dribbles 1.5/game, Fouled 1.3/game

If people look past goals then it's clear Hazard is having a much better season and is the better player.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if Hazard didn't win PFTY.

Kane has 19 goals and 3 assists. Hazard has 11 goals and 6 assists. The difference isn't that big stats wise.

Kane is also a striker so it makes sense he'll score more goals. His main job is to score goals.

Hazard isn't a striker his main job is to create chances and he's done that plenty this season.

Hazard : Keypasses 2.8/game, Dribbles 4.7/game, Fouled 3/game.

Kane : Keypasses 0.7/game, Dribbles 1.5/game, Fouled 1.3/game

If people look past goals then it's clear Hazard is having a much better season and is the better player.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if Hazard didn't win PFTY.

Much better season, but Kane has been the best player from 2015 on, which is how they usually based the awards.

Similar to how this board turns against Oscar from the beginning of the year and forgets everything prior to it

A guy like Alexander Meier for instance has scored 19 goals in 23 games for Frankfurt, yet he'll never win the player of the year award in Germany though he is German as long as players like Robben and De Bruyne exist. They are used to success and greatness.

Meanwhile in England, a young player shows a bit of promise this season and all of a sudden he's the best in the country. Like Wilshere was years ago, and many before him. You'll think they'll at least wait for Kane to have another good season before crowning him. We accept and even delight in mediocrity in this country. That's the difference.

Anyway, to keep it on topic, most of the stuff I've seen on twitter from journalists and players seem to be in support of Hazard winning the main award and Kane winning the young player one.

Very good argument pulled from that Alexander Meier example :clap:

Eden is consistenly brilliant. His "downside" performance now results in him playing only "good", that's how high standars he set.

Anyone but Eden would be a joke. However I fully believe that he wins POTY award since last year he came second and beat media darling Sturridge. His rivals are recognising his class and votes for him. If he lost last year only to Suarez and was ahead of Sturridge, Yaya Toure and Aguero then this year he's going to win.

Much better season, but Kane has been the best player from 2015 on, which is how they usually based the awards.

Similar to how this board turns against Oscar from the beginning of the year and forgets everything prior to it

No he hasn't. Again just look past the goals. Goals aren't everything.

This board wouldn't turn against Oscar if he actually kept performing in the second part of the season...

Kane has been the best player from 2015 on

I cant believe real football fans can think its even possible. For a lot of fans goals is almost everything, and I think its shocking, like they watch a different sport.

Kane has been more talked about than Hazard in 2015, doesnt mean he was better or even close to hazard's standarts. Nobody really thought Kane would be this good, he didnt even started for spurs early in the season, a big part of the huge hype is the surprise he's doing those things. Nobody is surprised by Hazard.

No he hasn't. Again just look past the goals. Goals aren't everything.

This board wouldn't turn against Oscar if he actually kept performing in the second part of the season...

True but when it comes to individual awards such as this, goals play a huge part in deciding who wins it. Not to mention, the constant media hype about certain players, even if it's ridiculous, helps too.

the stats are very important and Hazard scored only 11 goals and hasn't a lot of assists

Only? That is an impressive amount and ignore his assists. 6 is not bad btw either but he tops the most created chances and that is more telling. For example when Hazard played in Fabregas on Sunday against Hull, Fabregas just missed the target when he perhaps should have scored. If he scores, Hazard has another assist to his name but the point is assists should not be taken into account as you are banking on someone to score. There have been several times where Hazard has created something out of nothing and other members of the team are not on the same page. But like I said the most telling aspect is that he has the most created chances in the league.

Only? That is an impressive amount and ignore his assists. 6 is not bad btw either but he tops the most created chances and that is more telling. For example when Hazard played in Fabregas on Sunday against Hull, Fabregas just missed the target when he perhaps should have scored. If he scores, Hazard has another assist to his name but the point is assists should not be taken into account as you are banking on someone to score. There have been several times where Hazard has created something out of nothing and other members of the team are not on the same page. But like I said the most telling aspect is that he has the most created chances in the league.

True, thats why i liked the stats calculation on CIED. It uses a number of variables. 5790157bd0d2ebe1a5f70bf0bb0369ff.jpg

Posted twice lol. Even without blue tainted glasses on, it is clear. Eden is WC. He is 'kinda'young, but in the interview Kompany gave it was obvious: i dont want to wish him a lot of trophies, but he is unstoppable. If he has a good day, you simply cannot do anything about it.

Considering he is getting so consistent (huge quality!) he is WC. And i thank Mou for it. He will make the kid Messi/Ronaldo quality. Really ..... And it will be soon. I think Musonda is on the same track btw. [emoji106][emoji12][emoji7]