Eden Hazard

the wes

Think Kane will win both quite easily. Costa, Matic and Cesc will steal votes from Eden.

I don't know why people think this. From the little Kane has been no better than Costa this season, even taking the England international factor into consideration and his race (which is the sad reality). I don't see too many fellow professionals voting for Costa either. Matic, maybe the FWA award, but he won't get too many votes either. Also "stealing votes" will also affect Kane.

Anything short of Hazard winning that award will be a complete disgrace. No wonder the PL has gone to shit in the last 5 years or so.

I don't know why people think this. From the little Kane has been no better than Costa this season, even taking the England international factor into consideration and his race (which is the sad reality). I don't see too many fellow professionals voting for Costa either. Matic, maybe the FWA award, but he won't get too many votes either. Also "stealing votes" will also affect Kane.

To be fair, Kane has scored 19 goals for a pretty shit team while Costa has played for the very best. I think this is important too.

To be fair, Kane has scored 19 goals for a pretty shit team while Costa has played for the very best. I think this is important too.

Spurs are not a shit team, they are a top 6 team. They put 5 past us and made it to the cup final. There are far worse teams in the division. Points are, Kane also takes penalties for his team, Costa doesn't. Teams also play much more defensively against us than they do against Spurs. Even at WHL, the opposition leave gaps in behind because they believe they can win, this rarely happens at The Bridge. Another is this is Costa's first season in English football while Kane has played here all his life. These are all important points.

I really can make the argument both ways. The point is I fail to see anything that significantly distinguishes Costa's good season from Kane's good season other than the fact he's English of course.

A guy like Alexander Meier for instance has scored 19 goals in 23 games for Frankfurt, yet he'll never win the player of the year award in Germany though he is German as long as players like Robben and De Bruyne exist. They are used to success and greatness.

Meanwhile in England, a young player shows a bit of promise this season and all of a sudden he's the best in the country. Like Wilshere was years ago, and many before him. You'll think they'll at least wait for Kane to have another good season before crowning him. We accept and even delight in mediocrity in this country. That's the difference.

Anyway, to keep it on topic, most of the stuff I've seen on twitter from journalists and players seem to be in support of Hazard winning the main award and Kane winning the young player one.

Usually the winner will be a stand out player from first to third rank teams. Like Suarez last year. Hazard also excellent, that's why he got the 2nd place and win the Young one.

Or unless you got the weird one when Parker win it many years ago, because nobody standout on top ranks teams.

Hazard clearly on top and Chelsea on top. All the reason for him to win it. Kane goal ratio is good, but if we want to talk about the goal Costa and Aguero were there also.

Well, anyone watching how Kane perform weeks in weeks out? I don't, so I'm not sure if he is that consistently good most of the time or just mood in mood out in certain games. I watch Hazard most of the time while playing, and this season he has been very consistent and joy to watch.

I would select hazard, but, I would bet on Kane winning it.

The new look spurs are a young team to watch and Kane is the most important piece on that team. Also, usually these awards reflect how your playing recently, not the whole season, which is a big reason why Kane will win the poty.

Kane is not on par with hazard...

Hasn't Kane had more appearances than costa??

Kane has 20 starts and 6 subs appearances with 1867 minutes played. And he's scored about 5-6 penalties

While costa has 23starts and 1948 minutes played. Costa has taken 0 penalties.

Costa is on par with Kane so I don't know why he isn't in the discussion too, is it the stamp??

Hazard should win... He came third last season, he's a consistent chap.

Kane has 20 starts and 6 subs appearances with 1867 minutes played. And he's scored about 5-6 penalties

Costa is on par with Kane so I don't know why he isn't in the discussion too, is it the stamp??

kane is english. hazard is not.

Spurs are not a shit team, they are a top 6 team. They put 5 past us and made it to the cup final. There are far worse teams in the division. Points are,

Obviously I didn't mean Spurs is one of the worst team in the league, but we are 14(+3) points ahead them and have players like Fábregas and Hazard. I would say it's better to be a striker at Chelsea.

A guy like Alexander Meier for instance has scored 19 goals in 23 games for Frankfurt, yet he'll never win the player of the year award in Germany though he is German as long as players like Robben and De Bruyne exist. They are used to success and greatness.

Meanwhile in England, a young player shows a bit of promise this season and all of a sudden he's the best in the country. Like Wilshere was years ago, and many before him. You'll think they'll at least wait for Kane to have another good season before crowning him. We accept and even delight in mediocrity in this country. That's the difference.

Anyway, to keep it on topic, most of the stuff I've seen on twitter from journalists and players seem to be in support of Hazard winning the main award and Kane winning the young player one.

This is very true. Great example used with Meier, and there have been many players like him before. Meier is enjoying a fantastic season, top scorer of the Bundesliga, but he is not on par with the best in the league. It's the same with Kane. It's not like Kane is a player with a velvet touch, the ability to create space for himself and skip past defenders with tight control and creates many chances for his team mates on top of regularly putting the ball into the net.

And it's not just Hazard, there are other players that have performed at a higher level over the entirety of the season imo. But I realise that it's all about offensive players, mostly goal scorers, so the options for the award are limited. Someone like Carrick, who has had such a great influence on the resurgence of Utd, is not even mentioned.

As for Costa, he has a bad reputation, is not English, and he plays for Chelsea (remember Drogba being snubbed in 09/10?), so he receives a lot less hype compared to Kane, despite being the superior goal scorer (no PKs).

I would select hazard, but, I would bet on Kane winning it.

The new look spurs are a young team to watch and Kane is the most important piece on that team. Also, usually these awards reflect how your playing recently, not the whole season, which is a big reason why Kane will win the poty.

Very true. This is how Bale won the award in 12/13, despite Van Persie being the better player overall. He lead a decent Utd team to a dominant PL win, but apparently that was not relevant. Bale was in red hot form between Jan and March/April, but Spurs didn't even make the top 4. At least Suarez almost won Liverpool the league, when even a top 4 finish looked highly unlikely (impossible) before the season started, finishing 7th in the season before.

Very true. This is how Bale won the award in 12/13, despite Van Persie being the better player overall. He lead a decent Utd team to a dominant PL win, but apparently that was not relevant. Bale was in red hot form between Jan and March/April, but Spurs didn't even make the top 4. At least Suarez almost won Liverpool the league, when even a top 4 finish looked highly unlikely (impossible) before the season started, finishing 7th in the season before.

Exactly, even last season suarez was suspended the first few games and exploded after january i believe.

Kane winning wouldn't be surprising at all.

Not sure what is more surprising to me, some in here underrating Hazard or some in here overrating Kane.

Didnt see anyone underrating Hazard in the last page, or overrating Kane. Some think Kane will win it because of politics (the fact he's english. and Hazard is Chelsea..).

To me its Hazard--------Aguaro, Matic, Silva---Cesc, Costa, Kane----Alexis, Coutinho.

If Aguaro could have stayed fit it would have been a battle between him and Eden.