test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't think a player who has carried us numerous times can have his mentality questioned. As for his goal record, he's the type of player that won't shoot unless the shots on, Luis Figo best tally for a season was 14 and he was never questioned.

Luis Figo won a lot more in football than what Eden has won in his current career. Figo even won the Ballon D'or during a time when football was littered with top teir talents from all over Europe. 

I think their is a just case when questioning Edens mentality to become the very best and turn up on the biggest stage in European football. What can't be questioned is his commitment.

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

Luis Figo won a lot more in football than what Eden has won in his current career. Figo even won the Ballon D'or during a time when football was littered with top teir talents from all over Europe. 

I think their is a just case when questioning Edens mentality to become the very best and turn up on the biggest stage in European football. What can't be questioned is his commitment.

But that's the point, in this current climate were goal record seems to be everything, would Figo even be considered for a Balon Dor, let alone win one? 

At Barca his trophy haul was similar to Eden's here, it was only at Madrid he was in teams that started to make serious waves in CL.

Styles, Amblève. and communicate like this

10 hours ago, Styles said:

No just moronic nonsense like 'he could/should do more' with zero context or awareness of what transpired on Sunday. Stupidity runs deep at Chelsea, from the club itself right down to the supporters.

Agree. This place has been taken over by fanboys who lack critical thinking of any kind.

and apparently people can’t read anymore either. Not even a fucking direct reply with quotation.

BlueLyon likes this

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

But that's the point, in this current climate were goal record seems to be everything, would Figo even be considered for a Balon Dor, let alone win one? 

At Barca his trophy haul was similar to Eden's here, it was only at Madrid he was in teams that started to make serious waves in CL.

I guess you make a good point. I can't even remember what we are debating now, I am that tired from work. 😒

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could have scored twice today but elected to pass on both occasions. Sigh...

Tbf, we scored on the first occasion and Giroud should have always scored the second time. 

41 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Tbf, we scored on the first occasion and Giroud should have always scored the second time. 

I know, I know. It's just he could and should have gone for himself but didn't. Don't want to bring up the whole goals debate again because it's tiresome but he really should be scoring at least 20+ goals per season. Will never reach Messi/Ronaldo goalscoring level but definitely capable of achieving at least 20 every season.

FabHazard, Stats, LAM09 and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know, I know. It's just he could and should have gone for himself but didn't. Don't want to bring up the whole goals debate again because it's tiresome but he really should be scoring at least 20+ goals per season. Will never Messi/Ronaldo goalscoring level but definitely capable of achieving at least 20 every season.

Yeah i know mate. Do wish he was a bit more selfish in situations like that.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could have scored twice today but elected to pass on both occasions. Sigh...

11 league  goals.. You do have to go down a bit on the BBC page till you find one of our players in top scorers.. Is kinda poor considering. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know, I know. It's just he could and should have gone for himself but didn't. Don't want to bring up the whole goals debate again because it's tiresome but he really should be scoring at least 20+ goals per season. Will never reach Messi/Ronaldo goalscoring level but definitely capable of achieving at least 20 every season.

Your absolutely right he has to add a cutting edge to his game. The one on one in about the 50th minute he took an extra touch that forced him a little wider and the keeper saves it. Needs that bit of ruthlessness to become an elite player chances are unfortunately he'll probably get it when he leaves us. 

The fact that he hasn't sign a new contract is proof he will leave this summer. 

Remember at December saying he will do it in the new year.....

I agree his performances in CL have been poor often considering the level he plays at in PL, but lets look at this from another angle. 

PL teams are one thing, CL is whole different league of quality. 

Hazard is playing in bang average squad. Hell some Sevilla/Monaco/Borussia have more quality and organisation in attack. We have strong defence though, but my point is about attack and techical ability of midfielders (or lack off).

People love to dig at Eden for every bad game, but he gets little proper support. 

Compare his close teammates (Alonso, Cesc, Morata, Willian) to the likes of Neymar, CR, Messi,...teammates play with. 

Put him in Real or Barca and its guaranteed he becomes twice better.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I agree his performances in CL have been poor often considering the level he plays at in PL, but lets look at this from another angle. 

PL teams are one thing, CL is whole different league of quality. 

Hazard is playing in bang average squad. Hell some Sevilla/Monaco/Borussia have more quality and organisation in attack. We have strong defence though, but my point is about attack and techical ability of midfielders (or lack off).

People love to dig at Eden for every bad game, but he gets little proper support. 

Compare his close teammates (Alonso, Cesc, Morata, Willian) to the likes of Neymar, CR, Messi,...teammates play with. 

Put him in Real or Barca and its guaranteed he becomes twice better.

I see where you're coming from...and there's also evidence of his quality, like the game he had against Athletico Madrid away.

What to make of Hazard's performance today? We took a much more offensive approach than usual and he didn't have to play as the 'False 9' but yet, he went AWOL after like 30 minutes. 

On 08/03/2018 at 3:55 PM, DDA said:

Figo was a boss!:wub:

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I think he wants out.

He has the talent and quality but do you think Real would want him after watching his performance tonight? Think whether he goes to Madrid will depend on Zidane staying as manager. Their board seem more interested in signing Neymar. 

kellzfresh likes this