Eden Hazard

the wes

Fair play to the lad. Was arguably the only player who tried to win us the match in that second half.

My only criticism of him, if anything, is that he tried to overdo it at times with his dribbling when we could have passed it to keep the attacks going. Then again, like some of have said, it's tough when others played like crap and he's the only one 'alive'.

Fair play to the lad. Was arguably the only player who tried to win us the match in that second half.

My only criticism of him, if anything, is that he tried to overdo it at times with his dribbling when we could have passed it to keep the attacks going. Then again, like some of have said, it's tough when others played like crap and he's the only one 'alive'.

I'm actually happy he did that. For me he realized the rest of the team wasn't going to be much help so he took it upon himself to force the issue.

The seasons before the main criticism for Hazard was always that he was too passive at times. So i see this as big progress in his match mentality.

Ofcourse this has the side effect of sometimes losing the ball when his teammates were open but with the way his teammates are playing i'm like "carry on Eden".

Think that's a clear sign he doesn't trust his teammates.

Create what..? Unsure how eden is immune to criticism, granted he went past three players often but to run into more traffic instead of passing to a team mate.

iw7vh.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

"Give it to Hazard and lets see what happens."

Wouldn't be suprised if that's actually on the board before the game. :ph34r:

I'm wondering why he isn't using his left foot to pass or shoot anymore. He scored some really spectacular goals with his left foot, but what I can see from this season is that he don't dare to shoot or even to make a pass with his left foot.

Oscar gets into good position and elects to shoot. I also remember something similar happen from the right wing as well, earlier in the game.

Why we don't do enough cut-backs or low crosses across the goal-mouth in these type of situations, is a mystery to me.

Oscar gets into good position and elects to shoot. I also remember something similar happen from the right wing as well, earlier in the game.

Why we don't do enough cut-backs or low crosses across the goal-mouth in these type of situations, is a mystery to me.

It's because we don't have enough players inside the box making runs to the near post or far post making low crosses viable options. This would also drag defenders back towards their own goal leaving space for cutbacks.

Poor off the ball movement inside the box is something all our attackers suffer from. They all have the tendency to wait outside the box rather then make a run into the box.

Couple of examples of this are : (using the video of Shpendi above your post)

0:41 Both Oscar and Costa at the near post but no one at the far post. One of them should have gone to the back post to try and spread out the defenders.

4:07 Hazard goes past Bertrand and has the opportunity to cross the ball in. Costa and Oscar are in the box but neither one of them is committing themselves to the near post or back post.

5:00 Hazard goes past "Wanyama?" again no one making a run to the near or far post. Costa is the only one in the box and Willian and Oscar arrive far too late to receive the ball.

9:15 Cuadrado in a good position to cross the ball in low but again no one running to the near post. Terry of all people is the one that makes the run to the far post.

It's because we don't have enough players inside the box making runs to the near post or far post making low crosses viable options. This would also drag defenders back towards their own goal leaving space for cutbacks.

Poor off the ball movement inside the box is something all our attackers suffer from. They all have the tendency to wait outside the box rather then make a run into the box.

0:41 Both Oscar and Costa at the near post but no one at the far post. One of them should have gone to the back post to try and spread out the defenders.

4:07 Hazard goes past Bertrand and has the opportunity to cross the ball in. Costa and Oscar are in the box but neither one of them is committing themselves to the near post or back post.

5:00 Hazard goes past "Wanyama?" again no one making a run to the near or far post. Costa is the only one in the box and Willian and Oscar arrive far too late to receive the ball.

9:15 Cuadrado in a good position to cross the ball in low but again no one running to the near post. Terry of all people is the one that makes the run to the far post.

Schurrle[emoji25] [emoji25] [emoji25]

I noticed this as well, but surely this is one of those things that can be worked on at the training ground. But there has been no improvement since the start of last season. That's what is bugging me, Jose makes sure players like Hazard improve when it comes to defending in tracking back etc. but doesn't seem to concerned trying to do the same attacking wise

I think we need to search for a player who's just like him, or the closest player we can find. Thats why i would like Fekir and Brahimi. Very technical but smart, a team player, explosive, with great close control. I feel Hazard-Willian-Fekir would make us very fun to watch.

It's simple. We never practice our movement inside the box.

There's freedom of movement for Oscar, hazard, costa and fabregas but it's not practiced so it's still the same thing as throwing players in the box and hope they're intelligent enough to create more

While he is our best player, he needs to do shit instead of just atempting.

Improve the finishing. When he gets infront of goal, he looks like school boy. Funny because he takes penalties with zero pressure.