Eden Hazard

the wes

I agree with the part of dealing with physicality. It's a real problem.

They were not physical, they were aggressive, almost violent. Cavani, Verratti etc... kicking the legs of Hazard at every opportunity and not being punished enough for this.

The problem is Hazard enjoys a reputation in France almost bigger than in England; and Blanc who is an admirer of Hazard knows that it's better to foul Hazard and play ugly than letting him play.

Yes, there are too many lightweight... I mean Ramires, Oscar and Fabregas are great players, but they get pushed around too much and Costa is too slow and Matic is not enough.

They were not physical, they were aggressive, almost violent. Cavani, Verratti etc... kicking the legs of Hazard at every opportunity and not being punished enough for this.

The problem is Hazard enjoys a reputation in France almost bigger than in England; and Blanc who is an admirer of Hazard knows that it's better to foul Hazard and play ugly than letting him play.

Yes, there are too many lightweight... I mean Ramires, Oscar and Fabregas are great players, but they get pushed around too much and Costa is too slow and Matic is not enough.

They were playing illegally. Hazard even got sick of it at one point with Cavani when he kicked his outside leg. I could imagine how frustrated he was. No protection.

I agree with the part of dealing with physicality. It's a real problem. The ball circulation is just far too slow. Most Chelsea midfielders are lightweights so if you're moving the ball around slowly, you give the opponent the opportunity to challenge you. And the lack of width is also a big problem. Have you noticed how this side rare switches play from one side to the other? I don't understand how stretching the opposition, attacking the flanks is pretty much never an option.

I disagree with Hazard being poor though. His options were very limited and everytime he had the ball, he was surrounded by PSG players. Impossible for him to just run through them. And when there were chances to combine and exchange some quick interplay, he rarely got the ball back. I thought he did very well under the circumstances, winning space for his team on quite a lot. He never let his head down either, he kept trying.

I find it very disappointing how the manager was not willing to take a defender off after the red card (after half-time). PSG were playing with Cavani up front and Matuidi close behind him. Matuidi off all people, the furthest thing of an attacker. And yet there were still 5, 6 players behind the ball in possession on Chelsea's side, heavily retreating when defending. I don't understand why Cahill or Ivanovic wasn't taken off for Remy, playng with three at the back. Matic right in front of the defence, with Fabregas and Ramires in midfield. Take off Oscar for Cuadrado. Cuadrado and Hazard out wide with Costa and Remy up top.

3 v 2 at the back, 3 v 3 in the middle, 4 v 4 up front. Keep the ball, hit them on the flanks and press them when you lose it. PSG would have no option but to sit deep and defend for the most part. They would never let Marquinhos and Maxwell face Hazard and Cuadrado on their own, forcing the PSG midfielders to move all over the place, which results into more space in the middle. PSG would hardly get a sniff at goal because of the huge amount of space they would have to cover with a man down.

That will always happen in big games. These types of matches are always physical and players are always under pressure. He's under pressure and his teammates are under pressure too. You say they are not available for hazard to pick them up, but when they try to make clever runs they get followed by the opposition. So is hazard when he is the one trying to get open... linking up play is intrinsically more difficult in tough matches.

I don't believe, with the current crop of players we've got, that is possible to play in any other way against a tough opponent. We must play with a low defense line, so we cannot apply pressure otherwise we are stretched making linkup play even more difficult in these games. Please around here want the impossible... just look at the teams who actually do that and how they are setup. Even PSG is a team that keeps the football and moves up the pitch far more than we do... but they got the players for that.

Wtf are you talking about? He engineered the goal and was the only to create not sure what else he can do when his teammates are shit.

Create what..? Unsure how eden is immune to criticism, granted he went past three players often but to run into more traffic instead of passing to a team mate.

Create what..? Unsure how eden is immune to criticism, granted he went past three players often but to run into more traffic instead of passing to a team mate.

He carried the whole attack today and created that 1v1 chance for Oscar.

Did you not see that very, very clear cut chance he created for Oscar?

So just do more of everything? His teammates should play better.

He played well in the 2nd half. But he doesn't shoot more, likes waiting for the perfect chance and he doesn't give through passes to people making the runs during possession.

I know his weaknessin his game play, it doesn't mean he didn't play well today.