test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

But he gave his best years to us didn't he? I think he is not getting any better. He is in his 28th year. Real will get a declining players it is a miracle how we kept him for so long. They bought Ronaldo at 24 and Bale at 25. He played tons and tons of games already and with all his injuries I doubt he has the longevity of Ronaldo, both physically and mentally. He does not have the same hunger nor the discipline to stay in shape at all times, is injured more often. It already appears to me that he has lost a bit of pace compared to a few years ago. Keep him one more year and I am not even sure Real will still be interested.

He hs definitely lost pace which is why he isn't able to completely win games by hmself like he used to. Remember Sunderland away, Newcastle at home in the season with etoo? He used to rip man city.  But his pace and athleticism doesn't seem as explosive which will affect how he zips in and out of tackles. Still geat. But I agree we my actually have seem the best from him (as in the games when he was a bloody force of nature). 

For me Hazard will always be a Chelsea great, people calling Hazard and Courtois Belgian cunts for their acts with the media will always be beyond me. Maybe they are a little outspoken, but they chose to be at this club for so long, when they could have easily made a bigger name, earned a bigger paycheck and won more trophies. Yet they still remain, so even if you don't like them, yet their loyalty to this club can't be challenged, atleast not for me

Supermonkey92 likes this

22 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

people calling Hazard and Courtois Belgian cunts for their acts with the media will always be beyond me.

No true Chelsea fan would say such a thing. Surely no one on here has said that ?

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No true Chelsea fan would say such a thing. Surely no one on here has said that ?

I do remember reading it on the Courtois page, I might be wrong

Here is a question for you all: Say Hazard stars at the World Cup, Quietly asks for permission to go to Real Madrid as he is not interested in going through another coaching change(understandable). They offer 125m and Asensio. Would you do it? That money could be *Theoretically* spent on Leon Bailey and Milinkovic-Savic. It lowers our age range of our stars to better line up with our promising youth.

433:                                                Courtois (25)

Azpi(28)/Sterling(18-19) Christensen(21/Captain)  Zouma(23)   Palmieri(23)

Kante(26) 

RLC(22)               Milinkovic-Savic(22)

Leon Bailey(20)                                 Marcos Asensio(22)

Morata(25)

We would have: Ampadu (17) Rudiger(24) Barkley(24) Hudson-Odoi(17), Tammy Abraham(20), Batman(24) Bakayoko(23) Musonda(21) Drinkwater(27) + whatever other youth progresses 

Just a Hypothetical to consider, we would have to go all out for Milinkovic-Savic and convince him but it is certainly possible. Bailey is already extremely likely.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:37 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

People regulary call nearly any player a cunt or something equaly offensive as soon they talk about another country/team or dont perform well enough for a while. There are pages on Eden, Tibo, Costa,... threads full of such comments when certain events were happening. 

Personaly I understand one goes nuts after losing 4:1 against watford and spills anger in couple after match posts, but when someone posts like "sell this cunt as long he is worth something" randomly few days after matches (and repeats it or others join the bandwagon) is beyond my understanding.

No true fan would say that after all the players did for us.

I mean I seriously dislike Cesc, he is ex gooner, has no leadership backbone despite he is experienced player, but hell he is useful player and I value his contribution from the bench.  I wanted him benched since 2014, but I wouldnt sell him unless it was necessary, nevermind call him out with some silly names.

But hey there was big group of fans wanting to ship Eden, the "cunt" in 2016, only to see them worshiping him year later. 

Im not on forum that long, was the same with Lamps, Drogba,...back then? Or is this just the new generation of fans that have no respect and faith in the team?

coolhead23 and Sideshow Luiz like this

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

People regulary call nearly any player a cunt or something equaly offensive as soon they talk about another country/team or dont perform well enough for a while. There are pages on Eden, Tibo, Costa,... threads full of such comments when certain events were happening. 

Personaly I understand one goes nuts after losing 4:1 against watford and spills anger in couple after match posts, but when someone posts like "sell this cunt as long he is worth something" randomly few days after matches (and repeats it or others join the bandwagon) is beyond my understanding.

I mean I seriously dislike Cesc, he is ex gooner, has no leadership backbone despite he is experienced player, but hell he is useful player and I value his contribution from the bench.  I wanted him benched since 2014, but I wouldnt sell him unless it was necessary, nevermind call him out with some silly names.

But hey there was big group of fans wanting to ship Eden, the "cunt" in 2016, only to see them worshiping him year later. 

I guess thats popular among fans nowdays. 

great post 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im not on forum that long, was the same with Lamps, Drogba,...back then? Or is this just the new generation of fans that have no respect and faith in the team?

Well said, mate. 

My opinion is that we have been spoiled for choices post Roman era begin at Chelsea because we could just go ahead and buy anyone & everyone back then. These days we like to play FIFA in the real world as well :). (I m sure we will have the same things going for clubs like United, City, PSG, Madrid, all the elite clubs).

I'm positive that the generation of fans pre Roman era must have respected quality players for what they brought to the table and their contribution they were so hard to come by. The new age generation (me included) is what I call the Fast food Generation, we associate speed to everything and that is where we dont give longevity a thought. So hearing section of ppl calling out names specially to players/managers without valuing their past contribution is becoming so common these days. 

13 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Here is a question for you all: Say Hazard stars at the World Cup, Quietly asks for permission to go to Real Madrid as he is not interested in going through another coaching change(understandable). They offer 125m and Asensio. Would you do it? That money could be *Theoretically*

125 m and asensio ?? Are you kidding me ? 

200 m pound + isco and we'll talk.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Back in those days the forum was different and not many would put up with posts like these abusing our legends. However the likes of Anelkalouda, Bosingwa and Mikel got stick daily, not much different from today.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BlueLyon likes this

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

As a 15 year old I was at the infamous Paul Canoville game when we played Crystal Palace. For those who don't know Paul was Chelsea's first ever black player. When he came on this was at Selhurst Park our whole and believe me it was all our support started booing him and making monkey noises etc. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing I had black mates at school and on my estate this was just sickening. Chelsea got a reputation as a racist club which took years to get rid of. So for someone to call someone a Belgian cunt just because they played badly is not on slag players off by all means but to bring their nationality into is unnecessary.

I don't understand this "Hazard going to Madrid because of Zidane" talk. At this point there is more chances of Hazard being managed by Zidane at Chelsea, than at Madrid.

Madrid are 20 points behind Barcelona and out of the Spanish Cup. Next up is the Paris tie and it is do or die for Zidane. There is a lot of pressure on Madrid before this tie and a lot of delusion from the Spanish media if you ask me because they talk about this leg as if they are favourites to win it and playing a normal opponent.

The relationship between Zidane and Florentino Perez is totally broken since a few weeks ago when Zidane refused to sign Kepa from Bilbao. It was Florentino Perez's signing, he agreed everything from release clause to Kepa's contract, but Zidane did not want him and since then there is a lot of tension between the two of them. Perez was furious and wanted to sack Zidane after this incident, but kept him out of respect for what he meant as a player and what he did as a manager in the last years. But he is surely gone in the summer if you ask me.

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I don't understand this "Hazard going to Madrid because of Zidane" talk. At this point there is more chances of Hazard being managed by Zidane at Chelsea, than at Madrid.

Madrid are 20 points behind Barcelona and out of the Spanish Cup. Next up is the Paris tie and it is do or die for Zidane. There is a lot of pressure on Madrid before this tie and a lot of delusion from the Spanish media if you ask me because they talk about this leg as if they are favourites to win it and playing a normal opponent.

The relationship between Zidane and Florentino Perez is totally broken since a few weeks ago when Zidane refused to sign Kepa from Bilbao. It was Florentino Perez's signing, he agreed everything from release clause to Kepa's contract, but Zidane did not want him and since then there is a lot of tension between the two of them. Perez was furious and wanted to sack Zidane after this incident, but kept him out of respect for what he meant as a player and what he did as a manager in the last years. But he is surely gone in the summer if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/RealKevinPalmer/status/961744713429803008

I dont think madrid will buy hazard imo.

Benzema and Ronaldo are no longer scoring frequently, Bale is too injury prone to have significant impact.  They already have a creator general in isco... They need goals and salah offers that, not hazard. They're going to try and get a goalscorer unless zidane insists on hazard, Hazard is going nowhere imo.

FabHazard likes this

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I dont think madrid will buy hazard imo.

Benzema and Ronaldo are no longer scoring frequently, Bale is too injury prone to have significant impact.  They already have a creator general in isco... They need goals and salah offers that, not hazard. They're going to try and get a goalscorer unless zidane insists on hazard, Hazard is going nowhere imo.

Unless we build the first 11 with players of Hazard's level I don't give a feck if he goes at Madrid.

If he goes to Madrid I dont think he'll jump up 2 or 3 levels like everybody assumes. I think he'll be as good there as he is here, which is why the 'Eden needs to leave to fulfil his full potential' argument is absolute shite. If he went to Barcelona okay maybe a different story, Messi, Suarez, Iniesta... a lot of other very good players there (not that there isnt as many good players at Madrid but they are very much chopping and changing every few years) but theres no doubt that they have got this philosophy and clear direction engraved into their club and have done for years and years, that would probably improve a lot of players with the whole style and philosophy they've been following for god knows how long now. I think we should only let him go if he wants to move to Barcelona imo, unless he wants to leave badly and Real offer Isco/Asensio and on top, a truck load of money (100-120m). 

He obviously wants to leave and I’m sure Real Madrid want him, but are they going to pay what we want for him? I can’t see it happening

On 2/9/2018 at 3:49 PM, the wes said:

If/when he does leave, we'll no doubt miss his quality, talent and what he contributes to the team but I highly doubt we'll miss him on an emotional level. Though he's not the first one and won't be the last, every time he talks about being interested in Real Madrid, it's like spitting in the fans who have supported him all these years, even through during bad times. Sees us nothing more than a stepping stone to bigger things. That is why I said what I said before, IF he does end up staying, it'll feel nothing more like a marriage of convenience because the "girl of his dream" rejected him.

Robguima likes this

enough of all this Hazard higgie hagga....I cant stand it anymore....

Dear board...

pls just grab sense for once and sell Hazard to Madrid for 120 plus Marco Asensio/ Matteo Kovacic and invest the fund on Paulo Dybala or someone of his quality while adding Leon Baily....please I pray thee...then we can ship off the likes of willian pedro fabregas and co...

Robguima likes this