test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Where will they put Hazard though? The bench?

But imagine we do sell Hazard. We suddenly become a mid-table team.

On January 28, 2018 at 5:59 AM, DDA said:

Football is about goals. The more goals you score... the more chance you have of winning. An attacking players role is to achieve either scoring goals or assisting others. Eden, unfortunately possesses amazing dribbling ability but he isn't really a clinical finisher and it's not as if he can pass like Iniesta. He is effective because he is extremely mobile and can turn on a sixpence. The amount of times I have watched Eden run past half a dozen players to then either take too many touches, not pass or shoot and end up doing alot of nothing is beyond frustrstion.

If it was as straight forward as that then why aren't Lampard and Gerrard considered greater than Iniesta and Xavi?

Eden's way can achieve goals at times Neymar's and Bale's shoot on sight policy's won't, like when Eden releases the ball at a position they would have shot most likely off target and few moves later we score.And you are right that more goals equal more chances off winning, but equally losing the ball or having a bad touch  (which as @Belgiannutt has showed Neymar' does on average 3 times more a game than Eden) can lead to good attacks breaking down and alas less chances of scoring and ultimately winning.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

If it was as straight forward as that then why aren't Lampard and Gerrard considered greater than Iniesta and Xavi?

Eden's way can achieve goals at times Neymar's and Bale's shoot on sight policy's won't, like when Eden releases the ball at a position they would have shot most likely off target and few moves later we score.And you are right that more goals equal more chances off winning, but equally losing the ball or having a bad touch  (which as @Belgiannutt has showed Neymar' does on average 3 times more a game than Eden, can lead to good attacks breaking down and alas less chances of scoring and ultimately winning.

Because they didnt win a Euro or world cup.

If we are being really honest the mystique about that golden spanish generation really comes down to their play in those big 3 tournaments. There were clear flaws in their play on the club level during that period. The club success, along with international success, has just been able to pain them on the right side of history.

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Because they didnt win a Euro or world cup.

If we are being really honest the mystique about that golden spanish generation really comes down to their play in those big 3 tournaments. There were clear flaws in their play on the club level during that period. The club success, along with international success, has just been able to pain them on the right side of history.

The success was a lot down to them, they were truly unbelievable players.

DYC., The Skipper and Sir Mikel OBE like this

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

Nah it was a lot of luck too. They  ousted us (Germany) twice at the narrowest of margins and we did not really have vintage teams, almost lost against an average Dutch side. I think because of that annoying tiki-taka they were greatly overvalued. Lampard and Gerrard did not win anything with the NT because England never gelled as a team. But individually and at club level, esp Lampard will be considered the greater player than Xavi or Iniesta and rightly so.

But back to Hazard. We must at any price make him sign this new contract. That will enable us to keep him for another year or two and then he is basically useless for real cos he will already be 28,29

Ozil just resigned for 350K/week, would think that Hazard would demand similar wages and I hope our club is not stupid enough to turn him down... Also, lots of rumors that Conte is gone in the summer, maybe Thibaut and Eden are waiting to see what the club does this summer, which managers and what players they bring in...

Like others have said on here, re-signing him is probably the most important task facing the club right now. I would even accept a crappy year with zero trophies if it meant Hazard re-signing, I would be happy...

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

The subtleties of the game aren't appreciated by the masses.

The Skipper and Tomo like this

Just watching the Watford game (yeah fuck me!) and thought Hazard had a poor first half. He looked lively and had an overall good game in the second half though, esp compared to his teammates, who did not show for the game.

That's a proper key player performance (reacted well to adversity) despite a horror team showing.

He should never play central again. Build the team around him, give him a free role like Messi in Barcelona.

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

He looked lively and had an overall good game in the second half though, esp compared to his teammates, who did not show for the game.

That's a proper key player performance (reacted well to adversity) despite a horror team showing.

There were a few moments in the second half when I felt like he's too good for this team. Objectively speaking, he might be wasting a lot of potential playing for us. 

Lel Real want swap Hazard for Benzema... how stupid are they

5 hours ago, Cosmin said:

There were a few moments in the second half when I felt like he's too good for this team. Objectively speaking, he might be wasting a lot of potential playing for us. 

yeah he looked frustrated at times, but he was still trying which is what is expected from a key player (case in point when he combined with Giroud later in the game).

It's not for him to decide whether his teammates are good enough (his wages should be motivation enough until summer) - besides, they were good enough last season (w/ matic). This is indeed the worse squad in years... Some of us warned that the great/good/decent players we had in the squad, some much maligned around here, added quality which we now no longer have.

On the other hand, I won't give two fucks about Hazard the moment he's no longer a chelsea player.

10 hours ago, Robguima said:

the other hand, I won't give two fucks about Hazard the moment he's no longer a chelsea player.

I get what you're saying but comon, Eden will forever be a Chelsea great. If you Love Chelsea then you surely Love Hazard and when you Love a footballer for this reason, it's hard to not give a shit about them even when they leave the club. Zola for instance... I will always give a fuck about that guy. 

3 hours ago, DDA said:

I get what you're saying but comon, Eden will forever be a Chelsea great. If you Love Chelsea then you surely Love Hazard and when you Love a footballer for this reason, it's hard to not give a shit about them even when they leave the club. Zola for instance... I will always give a fuck about that guy. 

Personally I feel like that about players who are committed not merely talented. I guess it’s a package: commitment and some level of talent. 

Hazard will def be remembered as a great player, but to become a legend, he would need to stick around and give his best years to the club, like terry and lamps did.

no, if he leaves in the summer he’s just another player... a very talented one but def not a legend for me.

38 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Personally I feel like that about players who are committed not merely talented. I guess it’s a package: commitment and some level of talent. 

Hazard will def be remembered as a great player, but to become a legend, he would need to stick around and give his best years to the club, like terry and lamps did.

no, if he leaves in the summer he’s just another player... a very talented one but def not a legend for me.

But he gave his best years to us didn't he? I think he is not getting any better. He is in his 28th year. Real will get a declining players it is a miracle how we kept him for so long. They bought Ronaldo at 24 and Bale at 25. He played tons and tons of games already and with all his injuries I doubt he has the longevity of Ronaldo, both physically and mentally. He does not have the same hunger nor the discipline to stay in shape at all times, is injured more often. It already appears to me that he has lost a bit of pace compared to a few years ago. Keep him one more year and I am not even sure Real will still be interested.

Supermonkey92 likes this

5 hours ago, Robguima said:

Any player who can lead us to two EPL titles whilst being Chelsea player of the year 3 times and winnng the PFA award is a Chelsea legend in my book, not Lampard level but to it’s naive to say he isn’t. That’s besides counting all the memorable goals and countless times he came through when the team needed him. I’m not one who’s stuck in the past to only acknowledge past legends, I'm forward thinking and I’m willing to crown new legends whilst respecting the old ones.

Supermonkey92 likes this