test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Incredible that in almost 6 years since Hazard joined we havent signed a proper right winger on the other side. 
We had options, but they were done away with to accommodate the likes of Cuadrado.

Hilarious indeed. Haven 't laughed this hard since Mourinho got sacked. 
And for a change, couldn't some people just give counter arguments instead of laughing other's people opinons off?

No wonder that this forum is dead nowadays.
BlueLion. and Sir Mikel OBE like this

15 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Can't believe this discussion... It is widely considered among fans of all clubs in the world that Hazard is one of the best in the world. So many former star footballers have said he is just a little off from Messi and Ronaldo for people to dismiss his greatness in football.

Is he really a "little off" from those two? Honestly I'd think Neymar is the closest to them and Neymar for me is better than Hazard. Guys like Suarez and Lewandowski (ok they are CFs) are world class attacking players too. He may be one of the best in the world in your eyes but it has to be said there is much more chance of that being in the top 6 -10 as opposed to the top 3 or 4. The consistency is there at times but also it isn't but it is his goal output really let hims down I think. If he was 20-25 a season minimum in the PL people would say yes hes as good as Ronaldo or as good as Neymar.  

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is he really a "little off" from those two? Honestly I'd think Neymar is the closest to them and Neymar for me is better than Hazard. Guys like Suarez and Lewandowski (ok they are CFs) are world class attacking players too. He may be one of the best in the world in your eyes but it has to be said there is much more chance of that being in the top 6 -10 as opposed to the top 3 or 4. The consistency is there at times but also it isn't but it is his goal output really let hims down I think. If he was 20-25 a season minimum in the PL people would say yes hes as good as Ronaldo or as good as Neymar.  

Neymar is an amazing footballer. I always see posters on here putting him down and saying he isn't all that.... but the guy is ridiculous with a football. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Neymar has never been tested as Hazard has been tbh. Having said that, he is a little off from those two as well.

If Messi and Ronaldo didn't exist I think Hazard and Neymar would be battling it out for Balon d'or. Who the third person would be I don't know. Maybe Suarez, Lewa, Modric or someone of that caliber.

22 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Transfer Hazard! Chelsea must spend big if they want to keep Eden and their star players, warns Frank Lampard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-eden-hazard-chelsea-must-spend-big-if-they-want-to-keep-star-players-warns-frank-lampard-a3750271.html

Hes right what lamps saying look at arsenal for example all their top players were leaving cause they wouldn't sign top players a while back 

xPetrCechx and 11Drogba like this

20 minutes ago, the wes said:

Hes right what lamps saying look at arsenal for example all their top players were leave cause they wouldn't sign top players a while back 

He is just saying what Chelsea fans have been saying for years. The board won't give a fuck though, no matter who says it.

the wes likes this

44 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Neymar has never been tested as Hazard has been tbh. Having said that, he is a little off from those two as well.

If Messi and Ronaldo didn't exist I think Hazard and Neymar would be battling it out for Balon d'or. Who the third person would be I don't know. Maybe Suarez, Lewa, Modric or someone of that caliber.

Neymar proved at Barca that without Messi, they could rely on him to be a catalyst. He was the best player on the park in that PSG game by a country mile (Messi and Suarez involved too), which is the greatest match in the CL that I have ever seen, although Munich was pretty good in terms of just how everything fell into place. I've never seen Hazard put in a performance like that one Neymar did v PSG or against Bayern this year in the CL but many won't, particularly that PSG game, the performance was something Messi would of been proud of. I think Neymar or Suarez would win the Ballon D'Or if Messi or Ronaldo weren't involved. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Neymar proved at Barca that without Messi, they could rely on him to be a catalyst. He was the best player on the park in that PSG game by a country mile (Messi and Suarez involved too), which is the greatest match in the CL that I have ever seen, although Munich was pretty good in terms of just how everything fell into place. I've never seen Hazard put in a performance like that one Neymar did v PSG or against Bayern this year in the CL but many won't, particularly that PSG game, the performance was something Messi would of been proud of. I think Neymar or Suarez would win the Ballon D'Or if Messi or Ronaldo weren't involved. 

Replace Hazard with Neymar in this squad and he would crumble like a little flower he is.

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Swap our team with Barca/PSG do you think Neymar would have been able to perform the way he did ? Both PSG/Barca dominated their opponent those games. From the start they set out to dominate. We simply don't do that. The moment we face a half decent team we sit deep crawl into our shell and hope Hazard can pick up the ball in our own half and beat 4-5 players. The platform Hazard has here just isn't comparable at all to what Neymar ,and other players he gets compared to, have. We even got dominated by a 10 man PSG side. 

Just look at the last game. 3 cb's, 2 dm's, 2 wingbacks that can't beat 1 player or cross a proper ball in. That's the level of support he has here at Chelsea.

manpe likes this

26 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Swap our team with Barca/PSG do you think Neymar would have been able to perform the way he did ? Both PSG/Barca dominated their opponent those games. From the start they set out to dominate. We simply don't do that. The moment we face a half decent team we sit deep crawl into our shell and hope Hazard can pick up the ball in our own half and beat 4-5 players. The platform Hazard has here just isn't comparable at all to what Neymar ,and other players he gets compared to, have. We even got dominated by a 10 man PSG side. 

Just look at the last game. 3 cb's, 2 dm's, 2 wingbacks that can't beat 1 player or cross a proper ball in. That's the level of support he has here at Chelsea.

They will keep beating him down until he's gone and they realize what we had. They choose to ignore the squad we have. Can't wait to see how we play with some average player in his place, it will be hilarious! At least until then we are able to appreciate what we have, because we won't have a world class attacker for a loooong time after him.

Belgiannutt likes this

Should leave this summer. 

This club is going nowhere and if he wants to win big it will not be at this club with no ambition. 

On 25/01/2018 at 5:22 PM, Azpinator said:

Oh you had me figured out!

The term world-class is debatable, but still there are things to consider here. The main one is the fact he has arguably been our best player post-2012 with qualities almost every expert in the world of football has acknowledged. You saying he isn't world class might be the most judgemental remark I've ever read by a football fan, let alone a Chelsea fan.

And you know, even Messi and Ronaldo have bad days. Your argument isn't convincing at all.

I'm not putting forward an argument, I'm putting forward an opinion. Hazard doesn't convince me; I do not need to quantitate that statement or evidence it, it is merely my opinion. Yet I do find it somewhat ironic that you don't find my purported "argument" convincing when you make sweeping statements such as "the most judgemental remark I've ever read by a football fan". That doesn't quite add up. What I would like to know is how my making of a statement constitutes a "judgemental remark" when you are the one who has engaged in a slippery slope of reasoning and interpretted it in the most hyperbolic fashion imaginable? Fair enough if I said he was shit - I said he isn't world class. The term world class is subjectively quantifiable; to my mind, world class is Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi. Hazard is not in that category, and most likely never will be. I would posit that your incorrect assumptive attitude is more akin to "the most judgemental remark I've ever read by a football fan, let alone a Chelsea fan". 

However, to now give you the argument you are after: I do not think Hazard is world class. I don't believe his statistics indicate that he is world class, nor do I think his performances could justify such a statement. When he is on fire, he is brilliant. Alas, he isn't on fire even half as much as most Chelsea fans would like to think. His lack of consistency is what defines him as being that next rung down on the ladder from being world class. Please note that I did not once even infer he is a poor player, though you have chosen to interpret my comments in such a fashion. 

This notwithstanding, this is an internet forum and I don't really care if you neither like nor accept my opinion. Good day to you.

Robguima likes this

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Please that is a lame excuse. Neymar has elevated PSG to another level along with Mbappe and Dani Alves. They were pretty poor the season before hand (big players performing extremely poorly. Platform or not doesn't deter from the fact Neymar is more likely to win the Ballon D'Or than Hazard because he is a better player, who is more consistent as well as being involved in more goals. 

In all competitions Neymar has scored 24 goals and made 14 assists. That is 38 goals he has been involved with, in half a season (15G 11A in league, 6 goals 3 assists in CL, 3 more in French Cups). Where as Eden on the other hand has got 12 and made 4 assists (8G 2A in PL, 3G 2A in CL, 1G in League Cup). 16 goals.

If Eden had those sort of numbers to go with some of his performances he'd be right up there for me, in terms of top 3 attacking midfield/forward players but he doesn't and that's why he will never win Ballon D'Or. One day he will be unplayable, score 2 and look head and shoulders above everybody in the PL, then the next week hes somebody else, 0 goals. He needs a ruthless streak in him to add more goals, because I know stats are overrated and people mention about who plays for us and who plays for PSG/Barca/Real depending on who we compare him to but there is so many moments in Chelsea games where I watch him and hes around the box or in the box and I'm thinking cmon shoot, score, but he doesn't.. he passes, if he just thought less or didn't try to be so fancy with some of the positions he gets in and just do what Diego Costa was very good at, hammering the ball in even if it hits the keeper, he'd easy add another 5 goals a season. Fair enough hes not the biggest concern in the squad but I look around Europe and see Neymar, Dybala, Suarez, Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo whoever else, scoring shit loads for fun (or mostof the time), Hazard has got huge levels of ability but he just lacks that killer instinct. Just on the whole general Neymar/Hazard/Ballon D'Or subject. 

Fulham Broadway likes this

Lel you forgot that Hazard owned in France on 21 with Lile... while Neymar played only in superb teams.. Just you will see when Hazard goes to Real, what will happen with players like Isco, Modric, Kroos in one team.. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Please that is a lame excuse. Neymar has elevated PSG to another level I think. They were pretty poor the season before hand. Platform or not doesn't deter from the fact Neymar is more likely to win the Ballon D'Or than Hazard. 

No it's not. What are you talking about. PSG were already above us before they bought Neymar and Mbappe. Again, PSG beat us with 10 men.

Pretty poor ? They still beat Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg. 

You didn't answer my question if you swap our team with Barca/PSG do you think he would have performed the way he did knowing we would have set up in a completely different way and had a lot less quality to support him ?

I honestly don't care about the ballon d'or. More of a popularity contest nowaydays anyway. 

What platform a player gets matters. The quality of the supporting cast and the way a team sets up matters. 

Edit: Hazard scored 20 goals and had 16 assists at the age of 21 in his final season for Lille and he didn't have a Veratti, Cavani or Mbappe quality players to play with. 

Again, Hazard doesn't have the same quality teammates to work with and we are also one of the most pragmatic top teams in europe. 

You can't tell me it isn't easier to play for a team that has an attacking team philosophy and has several players capable of being creative and/or taking players on.

Simon1991 likes this