Eden Hazard

the wes

Modric was good for them last year for sure but were there playing that beautiful free flowing attacking style? I don't think so. a lot of the goals we've seen them score aren't of the beautiful football variety if you ask me. Some of the goals we've scored this year have been very intricate and skillful, I don't think Real have scored anywhere near as many beautiful goals and we have this year. I could be wrong but I doubt it. They are a team of individuals who were seconds away from winning nothing last year.

Modric was and is key this season too. Ask any real fan. After his injury they lost plenty of games and performed worse.

They scored 70 goals, 16 more than us with two less games. Their attack was realy brilliant during that 20win streak or sth, then around Modric got injured and they lost very soon.

But its irellevant, different leagues, refs, schedule...

We are doing fine, all that matters and have genuine chance if we get real later in cl.

But Hazard might very well be tempted to go there, I hope he doesnt follow the money and fame, but sticks with us for long time.

Us for a change, we can also do a Atletico when we really wanted too.

If we play Real Madrid then we will be virtually camped inside our box with no pressing and little attacking output. Think of our performance away to Atleti but even more defensive. There is only one team in Europe who can limit Real to 1 shot on target (0 clear-cut chances) in a game and who can remain undefeated against them in 6+ games. We are good but not that good.

If we play Real Madrid then we will be virtually camped inside our box with no pressing and little attacking output. Think of our performance away to Atleti but even more defensive. There is only one team in Europe who can limit Real to 1 shot on target (0 clear-cut chances) in a game and who can remain undefeated against them in 6+ games. We are good but not that good.

Atleti isn't "that good" either. I don't think they are better than us , but I'm not saying they are worse than us of course. Yes, they are the only team who can do this diabolic thing we witnessed yesterday to Real. But they have cracked their code, and also Barça have cracked Atleti's code. Real lacked very important players yesterday, but that defeat was completely Ancelotti's fault IMO. If Real Madrid can't beat a team 6 games in a row, and one of them is an insane score as 4-0, I blame the manager.

We are capable of playing Atletico's tactic I think. It requires a very strong physical capability, a very tight defensive block and pressing. And on a bright side, we have more qualified and talented attacker than Atletico.

I'm not saying that we can make Real miserable like Atletico did yesterday, that was something to happen once in 10 years, but if we come across to Real later in CL and if Jose studies on them well, watches ATM-RM matches well, we can beat them. It's not a long shot.

Agreed that is how it would go down if we were to play Madrid in QF this year. However if we played them 4 times a year regularly like Atletico Jose will eventually find a similar plan too. Nothing is impossible, he even managed to nullify Barca 10-13's insane attack after a season or so. He can come up with a similar plan to Simeone and we are capable of doing a Atletico yesterday too when that day comes(probably never will).

We are capable of playing Atletico's tactic I think. It requires a very strong physical capability, a very tight defensive block and pressing. And on a bright side, we have more qualified and talented attacker than Atletico. I'm not saying that we can make Real miserable like Atletico did yesterday, that was something to happen once in 10 years, but if we come across to Real later in CL and if Jose studies on them well, watches ATM-RM matches well, we can beat them. It's not a long shot.

I don't doubt we can beat them but it would probably require a lot of luck and them missing several clear-cut chances at least. Even in Jose's best defensive performances as a manager his side conceded clear-cut chances (e.g. Bojan header v Inter or away to City last year Silva missed 2 clear-cut chances) so to not concede any in a match against this Real side whilst creating so many yourself is an unbelievable feat - the perfect performance.

I think we have the players for Atletico's tactics, but if we're honest our pressing is nowhere near as good as theirs (their CBs and CMs are a lot more mobile and better defensively as individuals than ours which already gives them an advantage) and to be that proactive in defending requires bravery from the manager. It would be very naive to expect bravery from Jose against Real. I'm not sure we have the better attacking players either - I'd take Griezman and Koke over Willian and Oscar. Also Atleti's counter attacks and attacking combination plays are very well rehearsed and consistently excellent whereas our counter attacks have been easily nullified by City (twice) and Liverpool this season.

I just cannot see us convincingly beating Real but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Agreed that is how it would go down if we were to play Madrid in QF this year. However if we played them 4 times a year regularly like Atletico Jose will eventually find a similar plan too. Nothing is impossible, he even managed to nullify Barca 10-13's insane attack after a season or so. He can come up with a similar plan to Simeone and we are capable of doing a Atletico yesterday too when that day comes(probably never will).

Definitely huge credit to Jose. His record against one of the best sides ever towards the end of his spell at Real was excellent. That said he has played City five times now and our recent performances don't suggest much improvement. Holding out hope for next season though!

Edited by The Chels

I don't doubt we can beat them but it would probably require a lot of luck and them missing several clear-cut chances at least. Even in Jose's best defensive performances as a manager his side conceded clear-cut chances (e.g. Bojan header v Inter or away to City last year Silva missed 2 clear-cut chances) so to not concede any in a match against this Real side whilst creating so many yourself is an unbelievable feat - the perfect performance.

I think we have the players for Atletico's tactics, but if we're honest our pressing is nowhere near as good as theirs (their CBs and CMs are a lot more mobile and better defensively as individuals than ours which already gives them an advantage) and to be that proactive in defending requires bravery from the manager. It would be very naive to expect bravery from Jose against Real. I'm not sure we have the better attacking players either - I'd take Griezman and Koke over Willian and Oscar. Only Hazard is clearly superior from our attack. Atleti's counter attacks and attacking combination plays are very well rehearsed and consistently excellent whereas our counter attacks have been easily nullified by City (twice) and Liverpool this season.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I mostly agree with your words, any team will need to be lucky against Real Madrid, and even that won't be enough itself.

But about attackers; Willian (Cuadrado) Cesc Oscar Hazard Costa would beat Arda Koke Tiago Griezmann Mandzukic (Torres) I think. These are actually different type of group of players, and it's up to your football mind and the tactic you'd rather play with.

But about attackers; Willian (Cuadrado) Cesc Oscar Hazard Costa would beat Arda Koke Tiago Griezmann Mandzukic (Torres) I think. These are actually different type of group of players, and it's up to your football mind and the tactic you'd rather play with.

Koke > Oscar

Griezmann > Willian

Tiago > Cesc (for the big games)

Hazard > Turan

Costa > Mandzukic

It's very close imo - neither set of players is much better than the other and like you say it's up to preference.

the amount of times hazard's passes got intercepted this game....

If oscar did the same, the same guys would be slagging him off forever.

Oscar has a reputation of doing this. Hazard is one of Chelsea's best passers and top 3 in chances created in the league.

Tonight was not a great performance by him, which says it all how good he is. A lot of time his twisting and running got into good positions but his decisions making were a bit off. It is fine though, he has been great for the past few months so a game off is OK. Now need to rest for PSG

Well yeah, because there is such a thing as a precedent. It's the same reason why Zouma will not get as much stick for backing off as Cahill will ... for one it's a one-off, for another it's a habit.

Not all true... He was putting a lotta risk in his passing (long range as well). A few made it though & were magnificent! Will have to wait for EdenHazard10i's youtube vid to

prove you wrong or right though...

I thought he was more than allright, inspite of not having that bit off luck...

ps He did gave one silly ball away, that should've reached Cuadrado in the right corner..

It's normal that Hazard always has to do "more" than his teammates. It's harsh, but that's the gift and curse of having so much natural talent.

You know "tall trees catch the most wind" "to those who much is given, much is required" and all that. It's the same with Messi at Barcelona, reading their forums.

I personally thought he had a good, if not exceptional game today. He did all he could vs a parked bus. He showed desire. Can't ask for anything more.

It's because Oscar doesn't have the capability to pull off those passes on a consistent basis like Hazard. Sure, Eden might not make 3 or 4 high risk passes, but Oscar can't even seem to pass a relatively safe, 5-10 yard ball at the moment.

People aren't frustrated with Eden because he has shown that he can do it on a regular occurrence. Oscar however misses the pass most of the time.