Eden Hazard

the wes

Also, I wanna see this guy playing centrally. I think that's the next step in his career. The next phase in his development. Kind of like Messi did when but not as a ST/CF... as a NUMBER 10.

It's clear that Eden doesn't have that ruthlessness in him. He's not that clinical beast in front of goal. I think he'd score many more goals and create way more goals in a position where he's closer to the goal. If you look at some of his most penetrating runs this season.. for instance, his goal against Spurs (away), his run against Arsenal (home), his run vs Liverpool in the COC a week ago, if you go and watch the Swansea game (A) there were two situations where he smashed the ball from a central position just outside the box and took two fantastic shots with his left foot. Both tested the keeper. I feel like he doesn't get that opportunity as much when he's on the wing.

On top of that, when he's on the left, the defenders know where he's gonna go. They know that he's gonna cut in. If he's on in the middle of the pitch, you don't know where he's gonna go cuz he's got a good left foot (better than Oscar and Willian) and he can shift the ball either way AND, AND, he's a far better creator than the other two also.

To me, he's our best #10 and playing in that position will improve him as a goalscorer and as a player in general. Ballon d'or elects score loads of goals. I don't seen Eden surpassing 25 goals on the left.. play him in the middle, behind Diego!!

He doesn't have the speed of thought,vision and instinct to play in that position successfully. He's a runner like robben whose skillsets are better utilised on the wings and not a playmaker with natural playmaking instincts

Sources (HLN) over here say they allready agreed a new contract in december for €250.000/w but it still has to be announced officialy by the club.

Would surprise me that he would have signed but nobody saying something about it..

Sources (HLN) over here say they allready agreed a new contract in december for €250.000/w but it still has to be announced officialy by the club.

Would surprise me that he would have signed but nobody saying something about it..

We would announce it if the deal was done. Why would we keep it in secret?

I was thinking he should be played centrally for a good long time but as of late, he seems to be allowed to play wherever he wants. He moved to the center quite often in the past few games and during big games he plays almost as a second striker in a 442 where everyone is postionned very deep except him and Costa.

He also said in an interview that he likes playing on the wing because he gets much freedom, that's very true. He can't be easily marked when he plays on the wing and keeps changing positions not to mention he will have a lot less defensive work to do.

I choked on my coffee after reading this. The question of whether Hazard should be played in the middle is dependant on a whole host of factors, but to say that he doesn't have the speed of thought and vision to play that role is quite frankly an inaccurate assessment of the player. Hazard's natural inclination is to create goals. He demonstrates this in every game.

No it's not. Hazard lacks the natural instinct of an attacking midfielder (the good/great ones anyway and not the crappy ones) i.e the natural instinct to play the game exclusively with their head up, analysing and assessing situation around them very quickly, spotting the gaps and making the right decision from a creative standpoint most often than not. this is why quality AM's are able to spot the movements around and ahead of them before anyone else.

Fabregas gave an interview during his Arsenal days regarding creativity, He said he's always analysing plays before he even gets the ball and that helps him make better decisions. This type of players are natural thinkers first and foremost and it's something that can't be taught.

Hazard quite often miss these movements and makes the wrong decision at times as he has the tendency to slow the game down, hold on to the ball too long and in the process either end up drawing fouls or releasing the pass when it's too late. In situations where space in the box is at a premium and the opposition is defending very deep, timing,decision making and execution i,e a perfectly weighted accurate pass delivered just at the right time is very crucial. Aside from the issue of vision is also doubts over his passing ability. The ability to slot a perfectly weighted through ball consistently is limited to only a select few. That's why there are so many under hit and over hit passes in football. it's not easy.

This isn't a criticism of hazard either as that's just not his game, only very few players can shine in that position and he's not one of them, the same can be said of other world class players such as Robben,Neymar, Ribery, Bale and so on.

and why are we discussing this anyway as it's a case of if it's not broke, why fix it?

No it's not. Hazard lacks the natural instinct of an attacking midfielder (the good/great ones anyway and not the crappy ones) i.e the natural instinct to play the game exclusively with their head up, analysing and assessing situation around them very quickly, spotting the gaps and making the right decision from a creative standpoint most often than not. this is why quality AM's are able to spot the movements around and ahead of them before anyone else.

Fabregas gave an interview during his Arsenal days regarding creativity, He said he's always analysing plays before he even gets the ball and that helps him make better decisions. This type of players are natural thinkers first and foremost and it's something that can't be taught.

Hazard quite often miss these movements and makes the wrong decision at times as he has the tendency to slow the game down, hold on to the ball too long and in the process either end up drawing fouls or releasing the pass when it's too late. In situations where space in the box is at a premium and the opposition is defending very deep, timing,decision making and execution i,e a perfectly weighted accurate pass delivered just at the right time is very crucial. Aside from the issue of vision is also doubts over his passing ability. The ability to slot a perfectly weighted through ball consistently is limited to only a select few. That's why there are so many under hit and over hit passes in football. it's not easy.

This isn't a criticism of hazard either as that's just not his game, only very few players can shine in that position and he's not one of them, the same can be said of other world class players such as Robben,Neymar, Ribery, Bale and so on.

and why are we discussing this anyway as it's a case of if it's not broke, why fix it?

I don't know why you feel the need to mention playing with the head up because he doesn't play with his head down nor does he need to. Other than that, I agree he certainly he isn't on par with the best creative players in the game. He does have excellent vision though and quick decison making.

Everyday you say something more outlandish than the day before. 'Hazard lacks the natural instincts of an attacking midfielder'???? Try this, he is the prototypical attacking midfielder! spend some time watching this guy, his idol play the 10.

The reason Hazard isn't our 10 has more to do with the demand Jose puts on the position.

We have built a very strong foundation at the club so that even Hazard leaves it doesn't mean the end of Chelsea FC. Of course we will replace him ADEQUATELY PEOPLE, if he leaves that is. There are loads out there like Reus, Bale, Isco...etc all talented enough to take up his mantle. Obviously if he leaves we can be damn sure we will replace him, and not the case of Valencia as Ronaldo replacement as with MU in 2009 either.

We are not a one club man, never was and never will be. If we offer lets say 250k and he refuses we can sell him for like 100m or a deal with Madrid involving Bale+some cash or Isco+huge cash or just pure cash and go for someone like Reus. Look at Alexis, he is arguably having a even better season than Hazard atm. Players like him are always available. Hazard is talented but he is also not the only best winger in the world, even if he is no3 the no4 or 5 will always be able to replace him.

Just relax guys, the way I see it is he stays for a few more years/until end of his peak years on excellent money and helps us win trophies/become a legend or leaves for like 100m and we get someone equivalence of Sanchez, Reus, Isco, James, Bale...etc(you get my point) to replace him. Even someone like Griemann is not bad either, he won't dribble past 100 players a season like Hazard but he will score more goals and contribute in other aspects and so on. Either of these options is fine, we are one of the biggest club in the world now globally and commercially, we don't rely on A SINGLE PLAYER to define who we are. That is for the clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool...etc :)

All these vitriol and outpour of emotion just because of a difference of opinion. but then again, i'm not really surprised.

Well counter back with a response......the stage is wide open.

We need to get Hazard on the ball. I've noticed this year in some games he simply isn't getting the ball enough. I really think putting him in a no10 role will get him more involved and more dangerous in front of the goal.

The closer to the goal he is, the better. The guy is smart enough to play with his back to goal and get out of tight spaces. Putting Eden in the middle also means Willian gets to play in what I believe is his favorite position at left wing, where he can cut in and shoot. Oscar for me will always be a CM. He's just not technically as good as Eden/Willian to play in tight area's, he needs space/freedom. He can only get that playing as a CM/Box to box kinda role.

Anyway.

Regarding the contract situation. If he's still with the same agent then I'm not surprised it's taking this long. Didn't he make us pay him £6m (an absolutely ridiculous fee for an agent) and was the reason City and United backed off the deal. 300k is just insane especially in this ffp climate and only messi and ronaldo can justify earning that much per week.

Anyway.

Regarding the contract situation. If he's still with the same agent then I'm not surprised it's taking this long. Didn't he make us pay him £6m (an absolutely ridiculous fee for an agent) and was the reason City and United backed off the deal. 300k is just insane especially in this ffp climate and only messi and ronaldo can justify earning that much per week.

Tbf he is on like £170k already, £250k seems not that big of a increase for someone like him. The problem though is the conflict it might create in the dressing room like Jose said(one of a few things he is actually serious about in his pcs usually) about why we had to reject signing Di Maria, Falcao or Shaw this summer. £300k though I think is a bit ridiculous, I agree only a few players in the world deserve that and Hazard as good as he is, is not in one of them yet(neither is Rooney but point still stand).