test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

This is understandable. It's his only opportunity to leave for Real so he wants to at least have a chance to make a choice. Extending now means he can't even think about it. I don't think that necessarily means he wants to leave but he's definitely tempted. This summer is going to be crucial. Wether we can keep Eden and Conte, and sign more quality players will determine our ambitions and results in the next few years.

Our club might have its flaws, but one sure thing about Chelsea that most of our fans (and neutrals too) will agree is that this is not a selling club and has never bent over in front of the Madrids and Barcelonas.

This club has always had terrific players during the past 15 years and the only noticeable departure was Robben to Madrid in 2007. Other than that Chelsea has always kept its best players no matter which club was sniffing around.

Eden Hazard is one lovely chap that you simply cannot hate if he is to go. But I am sure it will be on Chelsea's terms and not some bullshit amount Madrid will be throwing in.

I don't know if it is Conte's influence or not, but for those watching Chelsea week in, week out, it's crystal clear Hazard has elevated his game to new heights for the past year and a half. 

If the likes of Dembele with one good season under his belt or Van Dijk, a centre back, coming from a small club are worth 100M, respectively 75M, then Hazard can't be worth less than 200M in today's market.

Add a great World Cup campaign to this and the price could sky rocket during the summer.

El P. likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I mean really, if you're Hazard and are seeing the level of player the club seems interested in signing, can you blame him for wanting out? While we should be shopping for the likes of the Pogba's, Griezmann's, and Dybala's of the world to take us to the next level we instead buy Zappacosta's and Drinkwater's.

If we sign big time players and make Hazard the highest paid player in the PL I think he would stay. 

I see your point but like Jason said, I don't think that if he wants to leave is the calibre of players being bought. I think it simply is a case now that he has been here for a good what 5-6 years and has done as much for the club as he can and delivered us 2 league titles and now wants a new challenge. It may help but Real and Barca are generally considered the pinnacle for a lot of players, even if they are not as good as they once were, they still hold that prestige.

And while it would hurt me, could I understand if he decided to move? Yes. He has given more than enough in his time here and has been probably the best player I have seen in my lifespan to touch Stamford Bridge. He now has a chance to how I see it be a key man for Real considering Ronaldo is ageing and they are in need of real quality, they could absolutely do with him. He would get a lot more attacking joy as well and tbh, a more realistic chance of winning the UCL.

1st Tibo now Hazard ,usually all these stories get chucked out there when we are top and going well yuk! 

Just now, Mufassir08 said:

If 'We are desparate to keep him' then we must show that by showing some god damn ambition in the market.

Yeah should have built a team around him years ago not patched the team up 

Hazard has poor finishing, his flicks and tricks barely come off, has poor movement and his lack of vision drives me crazy not to mention his hand in getting Jose the sack by turning the whole squad against the poor bloke and basically taking that year off. You wouldn't want that at Madrid, right Perez? Fortunately there is a Lewandowski lite by the name of Harry Kane over at north London you might want to take a look at. He is big, strong, technically brilliant, bullies defenders at will and scores hattricks for breakfast. There is your shiny new toy for next summer to satisfy your galactico fetish Mr Perez. Let us endure the pain of watching Eden week in week out :ph34r:

The Chels and El P. like this

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

Hazard has poor finishing, his flicks and tricks barely come off, has poor movement and his lack of vision drives me crazy not to mention his hand in getting Jose the sack by turning the whole squad against the poor bloke and basically taking that year off. You wouldn't want that at Madrid, right Perez? Fortunately there is a Lewandowski lite by the name of Harry Kane over at north London you might want to take a look at. He is big, strong, technically brilliant, bullies defenders at will and scores hattricks for breakfast. There is your shiny new toy for next summer to satisfy your galactico fetish Mr Perez :ph34r:

He also kicked a ball-boy!

Mufassir08 likes this

1 hour ago, El P. said:

I agree with this, but CR and Hazard are different persons. Ronaldo went to Real in the first place for glory, for glamour. Eden Hazard is not a prick like CR. :)

You are right but let's not kid ourselves here, Real Madrid are like the be-all and end-all for players. They will always get attracted to their prestige, history, success and that (unexplainable) lure.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

True, it's not the only reason he'll want out. But surely ambition in the market will play a big role. He knows that he'll always be surrounded by talent that's on his level and that Real Madrid will always attract world class players. He won't have that burden of having to carry a whole team there and maybe that's what he wants.

Conversely, maybe being the main man here and him having a young, settled family in London will work in our favor. I hope so.

Think Stats has already pretty much reiterated my point and I know what you're saying in the last sentence there but Courtois' family is in Spain while he's playing in London.

1 hour ago, Mufassir08 said:

Yup but lets not pretend that Lamps, JT and Drogs never had their little periods of flirtations with other clubs. Sure Eden has been linked with Real since the birth of Jesus but it does not mean Eden is not emotionally attached to this club or the fans and the fact that Real is literally the only club he would be willing to listen to speaks volumes about his commitment especially given the fact that he idolizes Zidane, a Real Madrid legend. If he does leave, it'll be such a pity because he genuinely is en route to become a bonafide legend of the club in the same breath as the likes of Drogba, JT and Lamps.  

Can't remember much about Drogba and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Terry and Lampard only flirted with other clubs just so they can get new contract? Hardly the most honorable act and IIRC, the only time Lampard genuinely wanted to leave was after his mom passed away in 2008. Wanted to join Mourinho at Inter but was persuaded to stay by his dad.

End of the day if he goes, he goes. Top class player but we’ve lost big players before. Fortunately there are always going to be very good attacking players, it’s just about signing them. 

3 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Hazard has poor finishing, his flicks and tricks barely come off, has poor movement and his lack of vision drives me crazy not to mention his hand in getting Jose the sack by turning the whole squad against the poor bloke and basically taking that year off. You wouldn't want that at Madrid, right Perez? Fortunately there is a Lewandowski lite by the name of Harry Kane over at north London you might want to take a look at. He is big, strong, technically brilliant, bullies defenders at will and scores hattricks for breakfast. There is your shiny new toy for next summer to satisfy your galactico fetish Mr Perez :ph34r:

Can't remember who said it but is Perez actually interested in getting Hazard? Can't remember any genuine approach from Real for Hazard in previous years and don't think Perez has spoken anything about him in the public? Was spending more time trying to court Neymar IIRC.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can't remember much about Drogba and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Terry and Lampard only flirted with other clubs just so they can get new contract? Hardly the most honorable act and IIRC, the only time Lampard genuinely wanted to leave was after his mom passed away in 2008. Wanted to join Mourinho at Inter but was persuaded to stay by his dad.

Drogs was unsettled for a brief period of time after the departure of Jose and particularly when he was behind Anelka in the pecking order under the reign of big Phil and like you said Lamps was also tempted to join Jose at Inter while Terry obviously had that brief little period with City just before he renewed his contract at Chelsea. Who knows in 10 years time we may also look at this little episode as a negotiation tactic by Eden and his father to get a fatter paycheck? (fingers crossed) 

Like others have said, I'd be absolutely devastated to see him go but I wouldn't begrudge him or be angry with him. It always just seems lame as hell when another world class player jumps ship and joins Real or Barca who are already stacked with other world class players. Can't blame them , of course, but it's like watching a billionaire add more billions to his fortune. To watch the likes of Hazard and Coutinho go from being superstar main men who have teams built around them is awesome. Them going to Madrid/Barca and just being another cog in the machine is lame.

It's crazy that we could legitimately lose our best player, our world class keeper, and our world class manager's future is up in the air as well. For a number of reasons this could be our most important summer ever.

manpe and Mufassir08 like this

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can't remember who said it but is Perez actually interested in getting Hazard? Can't remember any genuine approach from Real for Hazard in previous years and don't think Perez has spoken anything about him in the public? Was spending more time trying to court Neymar IIRC.

Yeah Perez has not mentioned Hazard publicly I think but we all know Zidane has a hard on over Eden and Zidane even if he gets the sack will remain an influential figure at Real I think.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m sure Real’s interest is more Zidane driven than Perez.

Real would more than likely rather Neymar as he is better and much more marketable, like Ronaldo but if they can’t and think Hazard is a attainable alternative they’d go for him, even if Zidanes not there. 

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I’m sure Real’s interest is more Zidane driven than Perez.

Real would more than likely rather Neymar as he is better and much more marketable, like Ronaldo but if they can’t and think Hazard is a attainable alternative they’d go for him, even if Zidanes not there. 

If they do get Hazard, you wonder what that will mean for Isco or Asensio, especially if Bale somehow still remains.

OneMoSalah likes this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

If they do get Hazard, you wonder what that will mean for Isco or Asensio, especially if Bale somehow still remains.

Bale finally and inevitably sold to United where he's always been linked and Hazard to Madrid. Chelsea simultaneously strengthening two clubs massively whilst weakening ourselves dramatically. That's a depressing thought for you!

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bale finally and inevitably sold to United where he's always been linked and Hazard to Madrid. Chelsea simultaneously strengthening two clubs massively whilst weakening ourselves dramatically. That's a depressing thought for you!

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvM29HU

The Chels and Pizy like this