Eden Hazard

the wes

Bale is not going anywhere soon, on course for another 20 goals this season. Bayern would most likely try to sign Reus instead of Hazard and if they do they are kinda set for the next 5 years at least on the LW as well. Barcelona is a no unless Neymar breaks his leg or something.

Hazard only made a decision to come here because we won the UCL - he wanted to go to a place where he'd win big titles.

We won an Europa League since he moved here, but that's not the kind of title he was aiming for.

If I had to take a guess on why he hasn't signed yet I'd say it's because he isn't sure we can even win the league... when (please God, no if) we win the league, I think he'll sign.

He isn't the kind of player that dreams about money, fame and I even defended here the other day when people were saying he would move so he'd have an upgrade to the players surrounding him (as if Costa and Cesc aren't among the best footballers in the world in their positions). I called it bullshit, Eden doesn't have this kind of ego, but I think he's always been eager to win things collectively and individually. If he feels Chelsea won't give him conditions to that, he'll go somewhere where they will. It's not about money, having better players by his side or wet dreams of playing under Zidane (I doubt he has them and Zidane isn't with Carlo anymore, he's coaching Castilla - RM B. I totally support any player to have this kind of ambition. Actually our problem currently lies on that imo, not many of our players are this obstinate to win things.

Hazard only made a decision to come here because we won the UCL - he wanted to go to a place where he'd win big titles.

We won an Europa League since he moved here, but that's not the kind of title he was aiming for.

If I had to take a guess on why he hasn't signed yet I'd say it's because he isn't sure we can even win the league... when (please God, no if) we win the league, I think he'll sign.

He isn't the kind of player that dreams about money, fame and I even defended here the other day when people were saying he would move so he'd have an upgrade to the players surrounding him (as if Costa and Cesc aren't among the best footballers in the world in their positions). I called it bullshit, Eden doesn't have this kind of ego, but I think he's always been eager to win things collectively and individually. If he feels Chelsea won't give him conditions to that, he'll go somewhere where they will. It's not about money, having better players by his side or wet dreams of playing under Zidane (I doubt he has them and Zidane isn't with Carlo anymore, he's coaching Castilla - RM B. I totally support any player to have this kind of ambition. Actually our problem currently lies on that imo, not many of our players are this obstinate to win things.

I was thinking the same about the delay of the contract. He doesn't believe enough yet.

This attitude however is part of the problem. You don't help yourself if you're filled with doubts.

Abramovic is not an idiot, you have Mourinho here and Hazard, he will invest in what Mourinho thinks is necessary.

He wants to get the maximum out of the passage of these 2 I think.

Roman might have more important things to worry about with all the shit going on in Russia.

Abramovic is not an idiot, you have Mourinho here and Hazard, he will invest in what Mourinho thinks is necessary.

He wants to get the maximum out of the passage of these 2 I think.

no need to panic on here ,,, We wont sell Hazard ...... unless we get enough to buy 3 or 4 players we need ...............

oh and enough left over to build a new stadium ....

Spot on Barbara. Great post.

For players like Hazard, it's simple. Playing for a team with the following characteristics. Big trophies, important league competition, playing CL football, playing positive/attacking football, big wages. We've offered him everything so far except the big trophies and attacking football. He also knows that playing for a manager who is going to ask him to play as a second left back in the biggest matches where the whole world is watching will hurt his chances to win the big individual awards, so even if we win the league, I won't be surprised if he still doesn't sign the contract.

If we could improve the pivot defensively allowing Hazard more freedom and more combination possibilties with Fabregas (who could then mover to the n10 position), I think that'd convince him to sign a new deal.

For players like Hazard, it's simple. Playing for a team with the following characteristics. Big trophies, important league competition, playing CL football, playing positive/attacking football, big wages. We've offered him everything so far except the big trophies and attacking football. He also knows that playing for a manager who is going to ask him to play as a second left back in the biggest matches where the whole world is watching will hurt his chances to win the big individual awards, so even if we win the league, I won't be surprised if he still doesn't sign the contract.

If he wants to dream about winning the ballon D'Or first he needs to start scoring 4 times the goals he scores and maybe he can get between the 3 best players.

If he wants to dream about winning the ballon D'Or first he needs to start scoring 4 times the goals he scores and maybe he can get between the 3 best players.

Yeah because Neuer scored shitload of them goals.

Ronaldo and Messi are winning balon dors because they are simply best. Not just because goals. Those two are best players and thats why they win it. Sneider or Ribery or Neuer had successful team runs, but individualy, Messi or Ronaldo were better. Its not just because of the goals scored.

Hazard has many levels to climb and he can do that without scoring many goals. Few more key actions yes, but he doesnt have to score 20 or 30 goals. If we win PL, CL, and Hazard plays key role there, he will be among best. Same goes for his performances for belgium.

When will people understand goals aint everything. Cannavaro, Zidane etc never scored many goals yet won the award.

Yeah because Neuer scored shitload of them goals.

Ronaldo and Messi are winning balon dors because they are simply best. Not just because goals. Those two are best players and thats why they win it. Sneider or Ribery or Neuer had successful team runs, but individualy, Messi or Ronaldo were better. Its not just because of the goals scored.

Hazard has many levels to climb and he can do that without scoring many goals. Few more key actions yes, but he doesnt have to score 20 or 30 goals. If we win PL, CL, and Hazard plays key role there, he will be among best. Same goes for his performances for belgium.

When will people understand goals aint everything. Cannavaro, Zidane etc never scored many goals yet won the award.

If you're ignoring the whole historical context, then yes, goals don't matter.

However, due to Ronaldo and Messi's goal scoring achievements these last few years the criteria have shifted as we're witnessing two absolutely dominant goal scorers for the first time in over a decade when the real Ronaldo was around. And mind you, not even he scored a goal per game like Messi and CR are doing.

When Zidane won in 1998 he was coming off a league title with Juventus and a WC win with France scoring crucial goals at crucial times (note: In 1998 there wasn't a single dominant goal scorer). In 2000 Zidane had just won the Euros with France, again putting his trademark on the whole tournament. And yet again there wasn't a player as dominant at goal scoring as CR and Ronaldo are. When he won it in 2003, Henry probably would have been more deserving (2004 even more so) but Zidane was playing in one of the best teams ever as the brain of that team which eventually gave him the nod over everybody else.

As for Cannavaro winning the title in 2006, one could argue that he won mostly due to the lack of competition (and Italy's suprising WC, obviously). The next 4 in the votings that year (Zidane, Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o) all had either a disappointing season or a bad WC which effected them negatively.

You're right in that sense that it's not just the goals that are the cause of Messi and CR winning all these awards but it's the goals that show just how good these two guys are.

The attacking football?

I think we have delivered that this season and then some.