test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

I think his age and rise of Isco mean that Real may well never show the same interest in buying Hazard as they had shown in the past. If Real do not buy him before the start of next season, only one option remains - PSG. So, I think it is correct approach from Eden if he waits until the next summer window before signing an extension.

Real will buy whoever shines at the World Cup. Thus, solely from Chelsea's perspective, Hazard getting injured right before the World Cup would be the best thing that could happen....but of course there's no football fan in the world who wants to see that.

4 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Arjen Robben disagrees.

That Real side was very average back then, especially in comparison to their post 2010 sides. 

4 hours ago, El P. said:

I agree with you, but 100m for Hazard? Dembele's price was around 100, Pool could've sell Coutinho for about 150. If Neymar is 220, Hazard is at least worth 180millions.

Neymar was 220 last summer.  Fees are going up.  

Hazard is 250

I don't think a player who consistently dives, and dribbles for showmanship less-so than for actual effectiveness, can be compared to Hazard personally.

Nevermind that I've seen Hazard rip holes through Arsenal, Man City, United, Tottenham, while Neymar gets bigged up for ripping through Villarreal, Celtic and Bordeaux.

Nevermind that Hazard consistently does-so with flimsy, sometimes non-existent support, while Neymar's only ever played in all-out-attacking teams with monsters around him. Put Hazard in Barcelona, Brazil or PSG's team and we'd see output greater than greatness.

The fact is, Hazard's been compared to damn Messi while having to link up with Alonso, Willian, & Azpilicueta as a make-shift left back. Neymar would sooner be compared to Alexis Sanchez than Messi if he had to play under the same conditions.

And if it comes down to goals, Van Persie+Anelka were superior strikers to Drogba (not a chance though, really.) Harry Kane too:ph34r:
Point being, we must disregard goals sometimes when deciding who a better forward is, in my opinion.
And when we do disregard their goal stats, where on earth is Neymar strong, where Hazard is weak? On the reverse, Hazard has plenty of strengths where Neymar is weak: balance, remaining consistently present for the full game, dribbling effectiveness & ball retention, professional mentality.

When you buy a player, you're buying their mindset as well as their stats. For that reason, if Hazard/Neymar were to be considered equal ability-wise (which i disagree with), i'd consider Hazard to win by default due to his mentality. Ask Madrid fans who they'd rather have - they'd take Hazard. Ask Barcelona fans who they'd rather have - they'd take Hazard. Ask us who we'd rather have; the majority should say Hazard. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/05/chelsea-given-alex-sandro-boost-left-back-reveals-wants-leave/

Meanwhile, Chelsea and Eden Hazard remain relaxed about negotiations aimed at him signing a new contract with the club.

Chelsea are confident they can persuade Hazard to extend his current deal that runs to 2020. Talks started some time ago and more are expected before the end of the season when the Belgian will go to the World Cup.

Real Madrid are long-term admirers of Hazard, but Chelsea have received no communication so far that the Spanish club are readying a bid.

You are all wrong, Hazard is better than Messi and Ronaldo. I don't need to bring any arguments to prove this, just watch him play.

A universe consisting of a billion technically-brilliant footballers condensed into 1 man among the weakest gods.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Ask Barcelona fans who they'd rather have - they'd take Hazard. Ask us who we'd rather have; the majority should say Hazard. 

That has more to do with Barcelona fans disliking Neymar in general and Chelsea fans loving Hazard as per. Ask the wider football community and the answer won’t be anywhere near as clear cut as that.  

They’re both great players at the top level, and will always be compared because they’re both consistent too performers, end of (for me anyway).

He looked a level above his teammates yet again. Hard to not get the feeling he's "outgrown" Chelsea when he's surrounded by players like Cahill, Willian, Bakaykoko and Zappacosta. 

blues.bridge likes this

Quality. If our players could finish he’d have instigated a proper comeback against a top side. It seems like his level has truly gone up this season. 

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Quality. If our players could finish he’d have instigated a proper comeback against a top side. It seems like his level has truly gone up this season. 

He's a class above anyone at this club and has been for sometime. Club continue to partner him with players far below him

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Him kissing the badge again would do nicely, to be totally honest.

We're getting really desperate, aren't we? :lol:

DYC. likes this