test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

And then get Zidane to replace Conte. :ph34r:

with our board I'm sure ZZ will manage Chelsea at one point :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

And then get Zidane to replace Conte. :ph34r:

 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

with our board I'm sure ZZ will manage Chelsea at one point :ph34r:

Way ahead of you guys:

On 09/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, The Skipper said:

Don’t worry lads. Zidane is coming to CheLsea. 

 

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-11-2017 at 11:23 AM, Beigl said:

Mertens would have been a fantastic stop-gap signing. He is a great winger and scores many goals, something we lacked at the RW position for years. But it seems like we are going to play 3-5-2 for the rest of the season, so this would is wishful thinking. 

Mertens is a forward since a few years though, he's been flourishing in that position for Napoli. He's half the player on the wings.

DYC. and Beigl like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the game 55 min in and we might still win but nevertheless my point will still remain vailid.  Hazard is the "best player in the world who has the worst platform to prove himself"

Hazard should just go at the end of the season. PSG, Barcelona, Madrid. Seriously what's the point? 5 years at Chelsea and it's still like this. Percentage football. "Counter attacks". I'm selfish, I want him to stay at the club forever but this is fucking ridiculous at this point. Even De Bruyne has a bigger platform to show his quality. A dominant team with an array of attacking talent. Hazard is playing next to only one striker and 3 Defensive midfielders in a back 5. 

If he wants to leave at the end of the season, PLEASE the club should let him go. We should re-invest and beef up the squad. We don't deserve him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First half was just Messi-esque. Best player Chelsea ever had, I think.

It's unbelievable what a chance we are having for years now, to build squad around this little magician. And we are doing nothing. Just add something here and there, and we did fucking nothing.

I would trade last season's league title for much better last summer window, with likes of Sandro, Griezmann etc. coming in. I am sure that would convince him to stay. I mean, when he leaves us, that 2017 title will be our last title for years and years to come.

We need a miracle transfer window to keep him at the club, IMO.

Leif likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely knackered by the end but was so good in the first half. A better supporting cast and Eden could have really fired us to glory this season but alas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, El P. said:

First half was just Messi-esque. Best player Chelsea ever had, I think.

It's unbelievable what a chance we are having for years now, to build squad around this little magician. And we are doing nothing. Just add something here and there, and we did fucking nothing.

I would trade last season's league title for much better last summer window, with likes of Sandro, Griezmann etc. coming in. I am sure that would convince him to stay. I mean, when he leaves us, that 2017 title will be our last title for years and years to come.

We need a miracle transfer window to keep him at the club, IMO.

This is the scariest part and further proves how utterly insane our board is. As I stated above, if I was him I'm out of the door at the end of the season. Club's ambition clearly doesn't match his at this point. 

El P. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/the-match/60/post/3282691/willian-saves-chelsea-as-mohamed-salah-stars-again-for-liverpool

Mark Ogden for ESPN. I'm glad not only the fans of the club see this. 

 Hazard too good for his teammates

Such has been Manchester City's dominance of the Premier League so far this season, it would be a challenge to find an outfield player from any of the other 19 top-flight clubs capable of breaking into the team of the year as the campaign approaches its halfway stage.

But Eden Hazard would have as good a claim as anyone, with the Chelsea midfielder showing his outstanding quality once again.

Chelsea's last two title triumphs have been inspired by their Belgian No. 10 and, at times against Liverpool at Anfield, he was almost unplayable.

In the first half, Hazard dominated the game after being allowed to roam freely by the home side.

Last season, Jose Mourinho deployed Ander Herrera to man-mark Hazard out of the game in Chelsea's 2-0 defeat at Manchester United, but Klopp took the opposite approach, and it nearly cost Liverpool dearly.

Hazard was able to find time and space, and he stung the fingers of Liverpool keeper Mignolet after creating an early opportunity. He also unlocked the door for teammates such as Danny Drinkwater and Alvaro Morata to score, but neither were able to take advantage.

Liverpool eventually grew wise to Hazard's threat, with Joel Matip and Joe Gomez shadowing him much more closely in the second half. But every time Hazard had the ball, he was a danger. The only problem for Chelsea was that not enough of his teammates were on the same wavelength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also... I think Conte is one very smart man. He is seeing this, I believe more than us. He knows Eden needs better players around him. I just hope he could manipulate our board and convince them to invest in better players.

He is not just some pragmatic manager... He was always saying that "we are building something very important for the future". Well, I am sure he is counting on Hazard for that future too, a lot. If anyone can do something about Hazard staying, it's Antonio Conte.

Hope is still here, and we shouldn't give up until the end... Getting over him would be too hard for anyone related to CFC. Actually, it would be diametrical opposite feeling of winning the UCL 2012. We launched ourselves at stars that year. With him leaving, we are just going back to mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El P. said:

Also... I think Conte is one very smart man. He is seeing this, I believe more than us. He knows Eden needs better players around him. I just hope he could manipulate our board and convince them to invest in better players.

He is not just some pragmatic manager... He was always saying that "we are building something very important for the future". Well, I am sure he is counting on Hazard for that future too, a lot. If anyone can do something about Hazard staying, it's Antonio Conte.

Hope is still here, and we shouldn't give up until the end... Getting over him would be too hard for anyone related to CFC. Actually, it would be diametrical opposite feeling of winning the UCL 2012. We launched ourselves at stars that year. With him leaving, we are just going back to mediocrity.

You know, there is actually a high possibility of losing BOTH - Conte and Hazard. I don't even want to imagine what we become without them, top 4 could become our new title for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, manpe said:

You know, there is actually a high possibility of losing BOTH - Conte and Hazard. I don't even want to imagine what we become without them, top 4 could become our new title for years to come.

Nah, I think Conte will stay for 3 years. We were never stable about our managers, but I don't know... He is just handling everything so well. I don't believe they would sack him. And I think he would like to stay at least for 3 years, signed in contract.

EDIT: If he leaves after 3 years, I think he will leave club in better state than it is in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that Hazard deserves and should be playing with better quality players but why on earth do people have to keep on bringing this up EVERY SINGLE TIME after we don't win a big game?! Christ! :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, El P. said:

Nah, I think Conte will stay for 3 years. We were never stable about our managers, but I don't know... He is just handling everything so well. I don't believe they would sack him. And I think he would like to stay at least for 3 years, signed in contract.

EDIT: If he leaves after 3 years, I think he will leave club in better state than it is in now.

His contract ends in 2019 mate. The new contract he signed strangely enough didn't extend his current one. Like @manpe I can definitely envision a scenario where we lose Conte and Hazard next season with Courtois to follow. It's telling how silent talks of a new contract has become. All of them sense it.

That the club is now totally lacking in ambition. I documented it in Conte's thread how our net spend in the last few years has been below Arsenal's, Liverpool's and miles behind the Manchester clubs.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get that Hazard deserves and should be playing with better quality players but why on earth do people have to keep on bringing this up EVERY SINGLE TIME after we don't win a big game?! Christ! :doh:

The reason is the big games make that fact become glaringly obvious. In the big games certain CFC players are exposed as not being of the required standard to consistently win league titles and  especially to compete for CL honors. And after years of repeating the same thing every summer, our board has done nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

His contract ends in 2019 mate. The new contract he signed strangely enough didn't extend his current one. Like @manpe I can definitely envision a scenario where we lose Conte and Hazard next season with Courtois to follow. It's telling how silent talks of a new contract has become. All of them sense it.

That the club is now totally lacking in ambition. I documented it in Conte's thread how our net spend in the last few years has been below Arsenal's, Liverpool's and miles behind the Manchester clubs.

I know. But until summer 2019 could be enough to make things better around here, that's what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

His contract ends in 2019 mate. The new contract he signed strangely enough didn't extend his current one

His contract expires in 2020.

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The reason is the big games make that fact become glaringly obvious. In the big games certain CFC players are exposed as not being of the required standard to consistently win league titles and  especially to compete for CL honors. 

I get that but mentioning it once is fine. To keep on doing every single time is fucking annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El P. said:

I know. But until summer 2019 could be enough to make things better around here, that's what I'm saying.

We'll see what happens. The good thing about Conte's job safety is he already has a ready made excuse if he wins nothng this season. 

El P. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now