Eden Hazard

the wes

his finishing is NOT below average ,,just below HIS average

Nah it's really below par, compared to other players of his calibre, look at Bale, Neymar, Reus even Sanchez... I think Hazard is better than them all, but one thing separates them is their finishing and killer instinct in front of goal is lot better I mean much better. He would have scored atleast 5-6 more goals by now but sadly....

I really hope he improves.

http://pieterhontele.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/the-big-belgian-hazard-hurdle/

Please read my latest article on Eden Hazard and his involvement in the Belgian National Team:

"The Big Belgian Hazard Hurdle"

I feel DeBruyne should be playing on the 8 next to Witsel.

We're lacking someone from deep that can orchestrate our play. We're playing way to slow and i think that's why a lot of our attacking players move into central areas and move towards the ball.

Witsel, Fellaini just aren't good enough on the ball to find players in tight spaces.

They constantly play easy lateral balls but rarely play forward. I think one of our Belgian reporters said that of the 54 passes Witsel gave only 4 actually were forward passes. I mean that's just pathetic.

DeBruyne on the 8 would also help the problem of Hazard and DeBruyne getting in eachothers way.

DeBruyne would still be a lot on the ball while Hazard could come inside from his left wing and drift between the lines.

We're lacking someone from deep that can orchestrate our play. We're playing way to slow and i think that's why a lot of our attacking players move into central areas and move towards the ball.

Witsel, Fellaini just aren't good enough on the ball to find players in tight spaces.

They constantly play easy lateral balls but rarely play forward. I think one of our Belgian reporters said that of the 54 passes Witsel gave only 4 actually were forward passes. I mean that's just pathetic.

DeBruyne on the 8 would also help the problem of Hazard and DeBruyne getting in eachothers way.

DeBruyne would still be a lot on the ball while Hazard could come inside from his left wing and drift between the lines.

Thats mikel level stats there

Thats mikel level stats there

http://pieterhontele.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/the-big-belgian-hazard-hurdle/

Please read my latest article on Eden Hazard and his involvement in the Belgian National Team:

"The Big Belgian Hazard Hurdle"

Appreciate the article but it's clearly influenced by the press. Media darling De Bruyne had another average game that's why they come up with this story about other players running in the way.

Truth is De Bruyne had as much touches on the ball as Hazard against Wales and more than he averages for Wolfsburg. Just like Hazard and Chadli he had the freedom to roam as well, it was a fluent system and it's not like he hasn't played on the wing for the NT before anyway. I never heard anyone making excuses like this for Hazard when he had an average game.

I disagree with your assessment about playmakers. Like Belgiannutt said Belgium needs an extra playmaker rather than one less. De Bruyne is not a true playmaker anyway, and he's not the next coming of Cruijff or Zidane like a lot of Belgians seem to think. No playmaker anywhere near worldclass has a passing completion of only 75%. You confuse assists with dictating play and orchestrating the attacks.

A lot of the problems would be fixed with Naingolan or Defour in stead of Fellaini, and anyone in stead of Chadli in the starting eleven. Chadli is incredibly overrated by Wilmots for some reason. He's reasonably good at everything but very good at nothing. Same goes for Mirallas, whom I rate higher.

If he starts playing more consistently, my main man on the other wing will always be Januzaj. He bends it like Beckham. We have no one else who comes close in that aspect of the game. With a monster like Benteke up front, and good heading defenders like Lombaerts and Kompany, we need a guy who can actually kick a corner.

Mertens should always be used as the supersub ime.

Hazard has been using rabonas as a way to cross balls since forever. If you have the technique and you keep improving it, it's only one more tool in your arsenal. It has nothing to do with wanting to make some fancy, plastically beautiful play, just the way he thinks he can execute it better. Witmots should worry about improving his own technique about tactics - since he has none - before criticizing Hazard for a meaningless thing. It was just a cross, it wasn't like a penalty he wasted with a rabona or a 1x1 with the goalie or a cross where he was completely by himself and had a free teammate waiting in the box. It was just a frigging cross that he's done many times before. It wasn't a clear chance for Belgium he wasted. But as usual, Witmots has no idea what he's doing or saying... so no surprise there.

200_s.gif

Tielemans is the CM answer and the sooner he gets in there the sooner Belgium will have a chance to win intn'l tournies. Even 17 he's good enough for what Belgium needs I just hope Wilmots will realize so he can get in place for the Euros.

Also need Benteke in form. He's still rusty but you can see he's starting to pick up form.

As for KDB he plays a lot of long range passes which drops his completion rate to the mid seventies. He also has one of the highest cross completion rates in all of Europe.

The fullbacks need to do more. I'd love to see De Laet get a chance at RB even though I think VDB has been pretty good.

No clue what to do with the left back position unless somehow Denayer can play out there.

Might almost be better off to play a 3-4-3 or some variation thereof