Eden Hazard

the wes

Regardless, Bale started off with trying to follow the exact way Ronaldo takes the FKs.

Not sure how often Bale does it but he did that against Andorra two months ago - http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2028552/gareth-bale-scores-vs-andorra-and-copies-cristiano-ronaldos-goal-celebration

Fair enough. I like the fact he upstaged him on the end product though. Can you imagine someone copying you in some way, only to surpass you.

Haha, he really, really loves CR. I would be seriously creeped out if I were him.

Thats why i don't want Hazard to focus too much on becoming a goalscorer, too many players these days try too hard to improve weaknesses there strengths stagnate and they don't progress the way they should as a player (Lukaku for example, yes he scores goals but he doesn't make full use of his size like he should). Thats why Bale is where he is because he accepted the stuff he wasn't great at and focused on his main strength's like pace, athletism, power, if he tried to become something he wasn't and focused too much on improving his technical/skill side of the game, he would have got nowhere.

Hopefully Eden carry's on prioritising what he's great at, which is dribbling, creating, drive etc etc being a 10 shot a game merchant is the last thing i want to see Eden try and turn into.....

Preach.

And Hazard scored 17 last season and 22 (?) for Lille in his final year. Those are very respectable numbers. 20-25 a season would be amazing - especially considering all the other things he does - and he's not that far off.

Preach.

And Hazard scored 17 last season and 22 (?) for Lille in his final year. Those are very respectable numbers. 20-25 a season would be amazing - especially considering all the other things he does - and he's not that far off.\

Thats what i think, if he can get more goals great but honestly if i was offered 10 years of Hazard at this current level i would snap their arm off and munch on the carcass, then ask them where i sign.

Passing ability, both short and long; control and technique in limited space; ability to advance the ball when space is at a premium and his link play is average at best. Ability to recieve the ball with the back to goal and make things happen is something I've never seen Bale do ever.

I'd agree with that. Though receiving the ball with back to goal is not a quality you look for a in a winger, that's a bonus. And I'd argue saying Bale can't make things happen is an unfair assessment.

All in all, football goes further than that though. I too prefer Hazard but that's because of his style and certain qualities. But players like Bale deserve credit and definitely have their value and that's why I understand why many say he's the better player, even though I don't agree. He's direct, a constant threat and he's very effective. And he's had big moments in his career, very important for a player's status and legacy.

Anyway, I just find it a very interesting discussion. Technique vs power. So I'm always interested in different people's (well constructed) opinions.

I'd agree with that. Though receiving the ball with back to goal is not a quality you look for a in a winger, that's a bonus. And I'd argue saying Bale can't make things happen is an unfair assessment.

All in all, football goes further than that though. I too prefer Hazard but that's because of his style and certain qualities. But players like Bale deserve credit and definitely have their value and that's why I understand why many say he's the better player, even though I don't agree. He's direct, a constant threat and he's very effective. And he's had big moments in his career, very important for a player's status and legacy.

Anyway, I just find it a very interesting discussion. Technique vs power. So I'm always interested in different people's (well constructed) opinions.

Honestly, perhaps I'm too harsh on Bale. And I'm a card-carrying Hazard fanboy so it is what it is. Bale is clearly a good player, but I'm just not a fan personally.

I've always said hazard is a great dribbler but scoring isn't his only lesser strength, for all his creativity his assist numbers are also not special. In the last 2 or 3 games it has been more of him at the end of things (mostly misfiring) than actually creating for others. May be he is actually a midfielder because he doesn't put in crosses regularly like a winger should nor does he score as much as a forward. I think its time we utilize his dribbling in a four man midfield with a good defensive work rate he would be superb.

------------Courtois-----

Iva------Cahill----Terry-----Azpi

Oscar/willian--Cesc--Matic--Hazard

----------Remy/schurrle-------

------Diego Costa---------

Was unbelievably good today against a very good Wales defence. Played almost by himself as the rest of the Belgium team (minus Origi) didn't seem to be bothered to even attempt to create anything. Outstanding footballer, gets better and better every time I watch him play.

Fair play to Bale, he has worked incredibly hard to make the most of his limited ability. I just think he's distinctly average in most areas and absolutely hate his style of play.

I hate Bale's style of play, and i also hate Ronaldo's style of play... there i said it :ph34r:

Technique + Power= RONALDO

They dont make those type of players anymore.....

And the one that should of been....

Maybe benzema and zlatan as well.