Eden Hazard

the wes

Just had a really good game against Wales. The most dangerous player on the pitch by a huge distance; Wales shat themselves everytime he touched the ball and were sending 3 men to cover whenever he had the ball.

The most expensive player in the world was on the same pitch and can't even do half the things Hazard does. The difference in quality between the two is massive.

Bale makes up for his lack of skill with his goals, pace and crossing ability.

Bale makes up for his lack of skill with his goals, pace and crossing ability.

Fair play to Bale, he has worked incredibly hard to make the most of his limited ability. I just think he's distinctly average in most areas and absolutely hate his style of play.

Lol, I can't believe Belgium are going to waste away their best ever crop of players. It's pretty damn obvious they're going nowhere with Wilmots. They've shown zero evolution as a team under him.

The reality is Belgium just aren't that good. Origi is still a few years away; they play Fellaini; their fullbacks are shit; manager seems clueless etc etc etc

Besides maybe 4-5 players they're really just not that good.

Fair play to Bale, he has worked incredibly hard to make the most of his limited ability. I just think he's distinctly average in most areas and absolutely hate his style of play.

It's quite ridiculous how much he wants to be Cristiano Ronaldo 2.0 - tries to follow/copy his style of play, the way he takes the FKs and heck, even the goal celebrations! :doh:

Just had a really good game against Wales. The most dangerous player on the pitch by a huge distance; Wales shat themselves everytime he touched the ball and were sending 3 men to cover whenever he had the ball.

The most expensive player in the world was on the same pitch and can't even do half the things Hazard does. The difference in quality between the two is massive.

What is 'most areas'? I'm genuinely interested.

It's quite ridiculous how much he wants to be Cristiano Ronaldo 2.0 - tries to follow/copy his style of play, the way he takes the FKs and heck, even the goal celebrations! :doh:

He's the far superior FK taker though. Bale's among the best FK takers in the world, his technique is great. CR is decent.

I never noticed similar goal celebrations. CR's most common goal celebrations are the boobie grabbing celebration and the 'turning jump with arm movement'. I've never seen Bale do any of those.

He's the far superior FK taker though. Bale's among the best FK takers in the world, his technique is great. CR is decent.

Regardless, Bale started off with trying to follow the exact way Ronaldo takes the FKs.

I never noticed similar goal celebrations. CR's most common goal celebrations are the boobie grabbing celebration and the 'turning jump with arm movement'. I've never seen Bale do any of those.

Not sure how often Bale does it but he did that against Andorra two months ago - http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2028552/gareth-bale-scores-vs-andorra-and-copies-cristiano-ronaldos-goal-celebration

The difference between the two is that to put in a world class performance Bale has to influence the match in terms of goals and assists. For Eden he doesn't have to score or assist and he can still be the best player on the pitch by a mile.

In terms of effectiveness they're both neck and neck for me, but there's no doubt Hazard is a lot more talented.

What is 'most areas'? I'm genuinely interested.

Passing ability, both short and long; control and technique in limited space; ability to advance the ball when space is at a premium and his link play is average at best. Ability to recieve the ball with the back to goal and make things happen is something I've never seen Bale do ever.