test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Once Ronaldo was to leave RM, I think Eden would fit their team absolutely perfect. True they would need better striker too because CR is scoring alot of goals, but the way Real plays these days, Eden would put his play 2 gears up. Him and Marcelo would be unbelievable.

A tiny bit of me would love to see Eden reach next potential, because he would undoubtedly do that in RM with their players. 

But that said I hope he never leaves. I always loved watching Lamps, Drogba,...and in my eyes they are still far greater players for Chelsea than Eden, but Eden is without a doubt our best pure football player we ever had. Maybe Zola is close second. Its joy watching him truly and if we manage to keep him for rest of his career, he will settle down as our greatest player for sure. 

We need to keep him at all costs.

James Peter Greaves was better than either of them.

A  matter of opinion of course, but Greaves was an unbelievable finisher and a wonderful footballer.

 

kellzfresh, Spike and The Skipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game yesterday showed why this guy need to have world-class partners like Sanchez.

I'm not saying he or Conte wasn't at fault for not trying something different when you can clearly see Herrera (+ help) was man-marking him the whole game but Mourinho would never have the luxury to man-mark Eden if he played for Barca, for example, because you know the danger can come from somewhere else - Messi, Suarez etc.

 

Styles and The Skipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was very confident that he would stay here for next season at least and even sign a new contract, especially if we win the title. After those latest quotes I think he's off 100%.

Why on Earth he'd want to go to Real Madrid and be another James or Isco and not even be a guarenteed starter is beyond me but he clearly still desires it. He's the main man at a big club who can challenge for every trophy, earns huge money, and lives in a great city. Why go to Madrid and be just another big name in a sea of about a dozen?

Think the only way he'll stay is if we show huge ambition and sign world class players.

Chelsea? likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I was very confident that he would stay here for next season at least and even sign a new contract, especially if we win the title. After those latest quotes I think he's off 100%.

Why on Earth he'd want to go to Real Madrid and be another James or Isco and not even be a guarenteed starter is beyond me but he clearly still desires it. He's the main man at a big club who can challenge for every trophy, earns huge money, and lives in a great city. Why go to Madrid and be just another big name in a sea of about a dozen?

Think the only way he'll stay is if we show huge ambition and sign world class players.

You're overreacting, Pizy. Nothing he said there is a different to what he said in the past.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're overreacting, Pizy. Nothing he said there is a different to what he said in the past.

I don't know. For most of this season he's been saying how he's happy here and settled both on the pitch and off. These latest quotes are him basically saying "Yeah, I want to go to Madrid but I have to wait until the season is over to start talking about it."

It's a bit like Lukaku's situation where it's clear where his ambitions lie. 

Chelsea? likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don't know. For most of this season he's been saying how he's happy here and settled both on the pitch and off. These latest quotes are him basically saying "Yeah, I want to go to Madrid but I have to wait until the season is over."

It's a bit like Lukaku's situation where it's clear where his ambitions lie. 

All he said was that he might want to play for a different club (which could be us!) in response to the media always talking about Real and PSG. It's just a normal quote, one which no one else is losing their mind over.

The Skipper and Blue Armour like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

All he said was that he might want to play for a different club (which could be us!) in response to the media always talking about Real and PSG. It's just a normal quote, one which no one else is losing their mind over.

 

In my eyes, he's asked the question about whether he'll stay at Chelsea about 50 times a season and never says any more than "I'm here now and focused on this season." Why not just for once say "I'll be at Chelsea until the end of my contract," or definitively say "I'm going to stay at Chelsea?"

Him always being vague and leaving the question unanswered could be his way of not wanting to upset us supporters by saying he wants to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

 

In my eyes, he's asked the question about whether he'll stay at Chelsea about 50 times a season and never says any more than "I'm here now and focused on this season." Why not just for once say "I'll be at Chelsea until the end of my contract," or definitively say "I'm going to stay at Chelsea?"

Him always being vague and leaving the question unanswered is his way of not wanting to upset us supporters by saying he wants to go.

As frustrating as that is, he's always said the same thing. He's been doing that for years. Nothing new. We all want players to stay loyal but at the same time, you can't blame them either for trying to keep their options open.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

As frustrating as that is, he's always said the same thing. He's been doing that for years. Nothing new. We all want players to stay loyal but at the same time, you can't blame them either for trying to keep their options open.

True. I just don't even want to think about our team without him next season. How could we replace him? Not to mention the message it sends to everyone that Chelsea can be bullied into selling their best players.

11Drogba and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

True. I just don't even want to think about our team without him next season. How could we replace him? Not to mention the message it sends to everyone that Chelsea can be bullied into selling their best players.

Whatever happens this season (oh god!), I don't think we'll even entertain the idea of selling him this summer. We already a serious job as it is of trying to revamp the squad for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 10:14 AM, 11Drogba said:

Neymar sometimes turns into a black hole ending most of Barcelona attacks.

For example

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

There is a video of Pogba from last summer when fans asked him if he will stay in Juve. He said yes straight to the camera. 

Some days later he was on plane to Manchester...

What they say matters little to nothing.

If we show serious ambition, he will stay. If we keep playing hot and cold, sign only decent players and play bad football, he is off sooner or later. 

That said, Chelsea didnt sell good performing player since Robben and even he was sold partly because of injuries.

If anyone wants Eden, they better fork out 150m+, and we all know RM and Barca struggled to sign 100m Pogba. While I respect Chelsea to consider players opinions and wishes, I hope they explain to Eden and bidders that only a fee of 150m+ will be considered or he stays. I just hope we wont sell him for less because he would express desire to leave and us being gentlemen.

That said I hope he stays as long he can play football on highest level.

This is my main worry. That Eden will pull the "I've achieved all I can at Chelsea and would like to move to my dream club" shit and our board will agree to it. I mean, we allowed to two of our best players of recent years in Cech and Mata go to direct rivals because they desired it, we let Lukaku go to another English club, we let De Bruyne go because he desired so.

If Eden really states his desire to go I'm not super confident that our club will dig their heels in at all costs. Hope Hazard isn't the type to kick up a fuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the day if he wants to go let him go. We've sold big players before and done alright and I imagine it would be the same even for someone like Eden Hazard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.